Thread: IKS not registering

Thanks

IKS not registering

Hi folk newbie to spiderbox hd 6000 ,problem is IKS wont register although c-lines sometimes work ,is it a problem with my server,can anyone post set up from factory settings . Any replies much appreciated. Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Have you checked the spiderbox guides, including the set up guide?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...iderbox-6000HD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-09-2016)

Verified Registered User waverider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Spiderbox 6000 MSCAM fix.
    Fixed MSCAM connection problems.
    HD6000_MSCAM_Fix_Aug_2016.zip

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I doubt IKS will work for anyone since mscam took over more than 12 months ago
    all the old I K S logins will have timed out after 12 months

that is unless they have got one from v a s i k s ? (in which case contact them)

mscam has been out for over 12 months on the newer spider 6000 models

so older spider 6000 models will use the I K S patch but the I K S will have expired

the newer models from july 2015 dont use I K S , they use mscam and mscam patches

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (20-09-2016), jbvid (21-09-2016), Mickha (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    As echelon has previously stated the info required was contained in the following:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...rs-without-IKS

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-09-2016), renshai (29-09-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi.. IKS is working fine and in my opinion is better than MSCAM as it appears to be more reliable. When IKS expires you just need to get a new account number . Regards.

Thanks
    Yes mate , the IKS keeps reading log in failed although Ccam lines sometimes work but they drop in and out

File Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the archer View Post
    Yes mate , the IKS keeps reading log in failed although Ccam lines sometimes work but they drop in and out
    Hi
    The Ccam lines dropping out are down to your provider or your internet connection (and possibly the date of the firmware installed) they are not Spiderbox related.
    Did you read the earlier posts by echelon, waverider and Aldo? as stated if your Spiderbox 6000hd is new you really need the latest MScam patch from here. > https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tch-16-08-2016
    jb
    Last edited by jbvid; 21-09-2016 at 02:34 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbvid For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-09-2016), Roadrunner (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    if its an old box that was activated more than 12 months ago then I K S will have expired and unless a new activation code is purchased from the V forum it wont work

recently I have found a lot of complaints about spiders not logging in using c lines, or logging in and dropping out after 20 minutes , where the green icon flashed on/off in the server list and it shows zero cards, I have tested one using the oct 2015 firmware and can confirm the problem, plus I changed it to the aug2016 mscam firmware and the results stayed the same , either wont login , or logs in and drops out and shows the flashing green icon instead of a constant green icon

its actually failing whilst I am writing this , yet an old blade 7k is working fine using the same login details

other boxes tried with the same login details from the same locations do not have this problem, so some of us think that the firmware is suspect and it needs fixing by the firmware engineers

files tested were as follows

oct 2015 I K S firmware and june 2016 compass channel list

aug 2016 mscam firmware and june 2016 compass channel list

3 spiderbox 6000 boxes and a spiderbox 9000 have failed in 3 locations with the same results as above , whereas other boxes work fine in the same locations with the same login details so not a server or broadband issue

an N line may work better than the c line

at no time am I talking about the I K S server or mscam servers here, I dont have the ability to check those due to the fact that I have no current activations for either service and so they have remained OFF throughout these tests that I made, although one person I know has I K S working ok at the moment , plus newcamd now as well , but not cccam

NEWCAMD seems to work fine in any of the firmwares , but not the embedded cccam 214 version

its easy enough to test this using a server with a free to view sly card , and trying sony tv or sony movies or motors tv

my opinion ? the spider firmware needs fixing to get an instant login using cccam and to use a "keep alive" system to show its in use and not gone to sleep , so new mscam and I K S firmwares need developing IMHO

I am currently thinking of telling those affected to consider buying vu or zgemma boxes instead, or maybe the hitech box ?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-09-2016), jay c (21-09-2016), jbvid (21-09-2016), maurice (21-09-2016), Mobley2 (22-09-2016), shiva (22-09-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi as far as i am aware IKS has been working perfectly for a number of years without any issues. Can you tell me how many times has Mscam gone down in the last 12 months while IKS has never gone down. If you are getting issues it has nothing to do with the box as already stated. Also IKS gives you network upgrades which you dont get with Mscam.
    There are swings and roundabouts but at least you should point out the real facts. Regards

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi as far as i am aware IKS has been working perfectly for a number of years without any issues. Can you tell me how many times has Mscam gone down in the last 12 months while IKS has never gone down. If you are getting issues it has nothing to do with the box as already stated. Also IKS gives you network upgrades which you dont get with Mscam.
    There are swings and roundabouts but at least you should point out the real facts. Regards
    Sorry to tell you M8, but you are wrong about IKS never been down in recent times. It has been down on several occasions over the last 12 months on my
    Spiderbox 9000, the most recent one just a couple of weeks ago. These ARE the REAL facts.

regards mobley2

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (22-09-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Mate if you read the post carefully from the beginning we are talking about the 6000HD and not any other receivers which is why i am telling you that in my experience IKS has not failed when Mscam has. I am also talking about dozens of other people i know who have IKS and not any had any issues. As for the future who knows. I suggest you get yourself a 6000HD box and dump the 9000... Also what about your supplier who may have issues out of your control etc.. Regards.

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Point taken. As for dumping the 9000, that will happen in time, but, it will be a Hitechbox 9000, or possibly a VU, to replace it.

regards mobley2

Apologies to Admin for drifting off thread.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (23-09-2016)