Thread: Still signal problems after trees trimmed

Thanks

Still signal problems after trees trimmed

hi all,
    original post on 15th June, Ifinally had to pay privately to have trees trimmed as the roads service would not do this for me, thought all my signal, picture break up problems would be solved....unfortunately seems not !!
    before having trees trimmed i had paid 2 different satellite engineers to check my set up and install a new cable, i thought it could have been a problem with the dish, LNB, or pole
    I then thought it could have been my spiderbox HD 6000 receiver so i bought another one still no difference, could it be my EE internet broadband though the ECM's are around 200-500 with cccam
    the only other thing it may be is the outside wideband aerial,though terrestrial TV signal seems ok?
    i took a recording of the problem is it possible to post it on here, sometimes the signal stutters or picture breaks up or goes completely
    Any helpful suggestions as its driving me mad !!
    Last edited by chopper1; 24-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    when anyone is having problems like yours , the first thing I tell them to do is IGNORE the scrambled channels

this then removes the "tinternet" from the mix , as its not being used

then check various FYA only channels on say 28 east (if that is where your dish points) like BBC and ITV HD , and the SD channels , for a start

then pick some with the lower quality on the fringes, usually SD channels like music channels , news channels , cbs etc

the spiderbox info button will give signal and quality , which should be good to excellent on both bars

also as you did , you obviously try a different receiver for comparison too

as these are sat boxes, the outside aerial should not feature unless its in the "line of sight" ?

ie:- blocking the signal due to being in front of or above the dish ? if so , move it

its nothing to do with your sat system unless it was physically in front of your dish

if everything is as it should be , in good weather like today, there should be no picture breakups , no pixelation , no problems

until you get this working correctly, the tinternet based options will have problems , ecm times seem reasonable for 28 east although 500ms is too high really , should be maybe 150ms to 300ms for 28 east

if its motorised, the alignment is much more complicated and readings will differ, but for the top sats the FTA channels should work fine , so 13e , 19e , 39e and 30w are usually ok

any results you give should be based on FTA channels only, until you crack the nut

ps:- if you had the cable changed , you should have changed the LNB at the same time

whereabouts are you ? UK ? if so , name the nearest town or city without giving exact details ??

is it motorised ? or fixed dish ? ?

as for the channels on 28e

BBC1 HD - 80% sig and quality

ITV HD - same

BBC1 sd , same

Vintage tv - 70%

CBS Action - 70%

-------------------------------------

FTV channels

Sony Movies - sig 80% , quality 71% , ecm 250ms (200ms to 300ms)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

digicon (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    thanks Echelon its motorised diseq, i did try the FTA channels on 28E and they do not see to break up though sky news does stutter? with 80% BBC HD signal 78% quality, sky sports 2 is 79% signal 74% quality
    I'm in Lisburn, Northern Ireland, forgot to mention i cannot pick up hispasat 30 west either, 23.5 east is poor, there is a neighbours tree behind the dish but i mentioned this to the satellite engineers and they both said it was not the problem, i also mentioned dish alignment but they said all was ok?, its an intermittent problem sometimes picture is fine for an hour or 2 then the problem starts
    Would like to have uploaded the video clip but does it have to be on youtube first? can i send it to yourself directly?
    Last edited by chopper1; 24-08-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    vids are too big for email etc , that is why there are dedicated hosting sites and you tube etc

anything behind the dish is irrelevant , only anything impeding the signals to the front of the dish is relevant and trees impede the signal coming down at an angle , so it what is above the front of the dish , if anything at all , you want clear sky at say a 45 degree angle coming down into the front face of the dish (not what is horizontally in front of it or below it or behind it)

your signal levels and quality are similar to mine so seem ok too

I would have thought that you should get a strong signal on 30w and also a good signal on 23.5e too

sounds like incorrect motor and dish alignment to me, despite what you and they say

or , maybe the USALS on your box has not been set correctly in the settings ?

what is your usals set to , pm me with those usals if you like ?

should be something like this from dishpointer

Latitude: 54.5162° = 054.5N
    Longitude: -6.0580° = 006.1W

dishpointer shows good signals (green) from 23.5e and 30w and 28e for Lisburn

my skynews is around 80% signal and 75% quality , no stutter

I bet Barney doesnt have your troubles and is nearer to you than I am

if the lnb was not changed then I would suggest having it changed

I would also suggest testing your spiderbox on a fixed dish that is pointed at sly , ie:- a sly dish that sly fitted and that the owner has no problems with sly, must be somebody you know who you can test your box on their fixed dish , especially if they have a quad lnb as it should have spare outputs on the lnb that you can utilise ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

digicon (25-08-2016)