Thread: MXQ box

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

MXQ box

hi
    does anyone have any no how on "MXQ " box I had one given as a xmas present in dec and have never been able to get it to function properly,friends who have similar boxes tell me to do factory reset and install "Jarvis 16-2 ".
    I don't have a clue where to start, at the moment the system menu tells me I have "openelec/Linux with isengard 14 on it.
    any help on how to reset/reprogram it would be appreciated, I don't even know if it is the same principal as MX2, MX, or matricom.
    I would like to see if I can get it to work properly.
    cheers

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks
    Your best bet is to search the web for Kodi How To guides. These include step by step youtube videos, so you can't really go wrong. The MJD site is very good.

First things first, you need to download the latest version of Jarvis from the Google Play store. You should be able to access this from your box.

Thanks
    I didn't see this post at the time this was posted but any box MXQ, M9+ or anything similar from our sponsor will come with Kodi built in. Unfortunate for you Forest that someone bought you a box that they didn't know much about. I'm sure they meant well. How's it running now?

Thanks
    Dead easy this go on your box and head to settings then more settings press Apps. Delete the Kodi you have on just now that's the box finished with for now. Use either a laptop or computer and head to hxxps://kodi.tv/downloads once there download Kodi 16.1 Android Arm version directly to a USB stick that's you finished with lappy/ computer. Stick the USB in the MXQ and look for an app called "AppsInstaller" open it point it to your usb and install Kodi that's you done m8. Kodi is now on your box and you can install the build of your choice personally I have Ares Pulse very popular build.

Thanks
    Could he use ES File Explorer so that he can set up Kodi on the one box?

Thanks
    Sure can no problems there although I don't do it that way. I forgot to add you must go to Settings security and enter a tick next to "Apps from unknown sources" or none of the above will work sorry.

Thanks
    yes developer option set on, on both