Thread: CAM for TV CI+ Slot, Is Diablo all that I need ?

Thanks

CAM for TV CI+ Slot, Is Diablo all that I need ?

Hi Guys,

I have been reading few posts regarding Diablo and seems like this section is more relevant to post my query. I wonder if there are any posts on similar topic that can help, please share the link if you can.

I've got a TV with a CI+ PCMCIA Cam interface. There are satellite and cable tuners. Considering that it seemed to have all the necessary hardware interfaces and prob software too (although its an android OS), I wonder do I still need to go and buy a Linux box or is there a relevant CAM and mechanism to get cline working on tv/CAM without the need of an additional Linux box ?

Was reading a thread about Diablo where guys were discussing about using Diablo to get cline work but it wasn't fully clear if the soultion is an alternate to a set-top Linux box or was it something different.

I'd really appreciate if anyone with relevant experience on these CAMs can help and suggest about this query please?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think cams are a bit old hat these days most people just buy a Linux box as its they can be as cheap. First thing with a server line (cline) you need to be able to get the cam to link to the internet. This would be the first big issue. Diablo did do a wifi cam at one time not sure if yours is or not.

Thanks
    Cheers kegnkiwi,
    Well, the main reason behind my idea of using a CAM was to avoid cabling and the need to tidy them up. TV is on the wall and although I've run a conduit through the wall to hide the cables, would be great if I could have avoided an additional box and every cable only coming direct to TV through conduit so nothing visible.
    I don't have any CAM yet but I've read about Diablo Wifi and that is why I wanted to inquire if Diablo wifi Or anything later (which doesn't sound like there is any) could do the job if connected to internet. I don't mind if the card still cost the same as box but I'd still prefer it as it could avoid excessive visible cabling between wall Faceplate-to-Box and further Box-to-TV.

So if Diablo is the only "better" wifi CAM available, does it do the job well (considering it is connected to internet via wifi)?
    Also does it support more than one C-line connectivity or just one at a time ?

By the initial look of it, from first reply, seems like there is a way as initially I thought its just can't work.. Would appreciate further thoughts, many thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I would do some google searching on diablo wifi and cccam but I am not sure how well it works. If you dont want any box with cables then maybe avoid satellite and go straigth for a amazon fire stick running kodi. The firestick will hides at the back of the tv and power up from a usb port. (although some times says not enough power)