Thread: A problem with the VU+ Control Centre V0.8 Beta

Thanks

A problem with the VU+ Control Centre V0.8 Beta

Good afternoon

I have been following Lee's Guide to setting up the Solo 2 with a recent version of OpenVIX installed, and trying to use VU+ Control Centre to upload channel list files from my hard disk to the Solo - but every time I hit the Connect button, I get the following message

"X Access violation at address 0052B206 in module 'VUCC.exe'. Read of address 00000000"

The Solo IP address is fixed (no DHCP) and correctly shown, the User name in the Control Centre is "root" and no password is set - so the p/w box is left empty.

The PC is running W7 Ultimate.

Any idea what is happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I redownloaded and extracted the VUCC zip file in case mine had been corrupted, but that made no difference to the problem and error message

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    these violations tend to happen if incorrect details are put in , like wrong IP address etc

ensure you have input the ip address in correctly, with the correct LAN address

in any case, you would be better off using either dreamset or dreamboxedit for installing channel lists

Thanks
    Evening

The IP address is correct because my ASIS router shows the same numbers for the VU+ and it can access the net.

Thanks
    perhaps you should telnet in and change the password by adding one (which I always do anyway)

then try again using the ip address, root and the password

but I repeat seeing as you missed it, use dreamset or dreamboxedit for installing a channel list

Banned
    Thanks
    I find the dreamboxedit is very good with my vu duo2 had no problems at all

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jag123 For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Good afternoon

I have now tried also dreamboxedit, straight Telnet and then Puttytel, but I keep running into the same problem that the login is rejected for either incorrect login or incorrect/no password!
    PS: the login has been input as "root" and the password has been tried as "nothing" as that is what most advice seems to say, and also "vusolo" as, in bleddyrichards post on changing the p/w, he quoted "vuduo" for the Rx he appeared to be using - so I tried vusolo as I'm using a solo2

My next question thus is - can you view/change either of these from inside OpenVix on the box itself (rather than trying to do those things via an external link)?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jallen01; 21-06-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    the password is not "nothing"

the advice was to leave the password box completely blank , so no names whatsoever, not even the word nothing

whereas my advice was to telnet in and change it to an actual password and try again , using DCC (which I always do as soon as I install an image onto a dreambox or vu box)

Thanks
    Echelon

By "nothing" I should have said that I did leave the PW completely blank on occasions where I did not try entering an actual PW.

Given that I have tried various methods of accessing the box (VuCC, Telnet, Puttytel) and they all fail in the same way, it seems to me that something fundamentally different is causing the problem, because I just can't access it from the PC.

OTOH, when I did (IIRC) try something similar a few weeks ago then I was able to access it - but I never changed anything like a PW at that time.

Thanks
    given all the problems you are having accessing the box, it could be a corrupt image

assuming it is not an issue with your win 7 laptop or pc, I would start again and reflash the box using the latest openvix image, then after the basic setting up I would telnet in and put a password into the box using the linux passwd command, as detailed in the setting up guides and this should ALWAYS be done asap after installing an image

once this is done, try again using all the tools tried so far, including the channel editors , using the following details (where we assume the password is set to pimps)

ip address of the box itself
    root
    pimps

so for example

root
    pimps

or

root
    pimps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

jallen01 (21-06-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    You could try connecting the Dreambox Control Centre, as this should find your receivers IP address:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...DCC)-E1-amp-E2

Download the program then open DCC_E2.exe.
    Select the Router option, then click Suchen, under Dreambox, and Suche, then note down the IP Address listed, for your VU+ Solo 2.
    Enter the VU Solo 2 IP address, under Dreambox, and click Re-connect, it should show a green line, to show it's connecting.
    Last edited by Mickha; 21-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Echelon

Thank you.

Firstly I tried a straightforward s/w update to Version 4.1.013 - that made no difference.

Then I downloaded the latest 4.1.013 zip file for this box (from WoS), extracted it to a USB stick and followed the instructions for reflashing the box (first time I've done that!) - that appears have cured the Telnet access problem and I was able to login and change the PW for the box, as well as then downloading the latest Cateyes channel lists!

So, you were quite right - the image must have been corrupted, although by what I don't know.

Many Thanks again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jallen01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    well done , all the tools should work properly now too