Thread: Hi need help please with channel area

Thanks

Hi need help please with channel area

Hi people i am totally new to this receiver it came fully loaded the problem i am encountering is that i live in Bristol and my channels come up as BBc ONe Yorks and Itv Yorkshire East but i am in the south west of England is there any way in which i can get all my local channels or is there a menu where i can set this up from?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    yes but you need to say the image that is in box, ie openvix, blackhole etc and can you ask the place that loaded it for you?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,192 Times in 1,181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j4gz View Post
    Hi people i am totally new to this receiver it came fully loaded the problem i am encountering is that i live in Bristol and my channels come up as BBc ONe Yorks and Itv Yorkshire East but i am in the south west of England is there any way in which i can get all my local channels or is there a menu where i can set this up from?
    You could download dreamset software to the pc that you will be communicating with your vu duo box

You can download & install my settings if you wish to use them (if u just wish to view 28.2 east then select that file only)

Unrar & open up using dreamset
    Then Just swop around the regional ones on the list for the regions of your choice &send to box
    Reboot & they should be listed on screen

Otherwise when your dish is pointing at Astra 28.2 east do a rescan & select clear before scan
    Once scan completed Select satellite Astra 28.2 & all channels found in search will be in alphabetical order

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    press the down arrow and menu to get the channel editor on screen

then just move the channels about until you get the order you require, moving the ones you dont want out of the way and moving your regional channels into place instead

channel lists will always suffer from this problem until you learn to manipulate them yourself to get them into your regional options and where you want them in your bouquets

sometimes there are plugins that you can set to regionalise when you are scanning, depends on the image being used and the person setting up the options (how good their knowledge is)

Thanks
    Hi sorry guys it openvix 3.2 kodi 15.2 with a donkey on the 3.2 hope that helps and i have a static dish only on 28.2 it cam pre loaded and i bought it from a private person who no longer wanted it with everything installed on it i still trying to get on with the reciver plus the functionality of it it has 4 tuners not that i need them i just have a single feed going into the A tuner .
    Last edited by j4gz; 20-06-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    maybe you have a plugin called "autobouquets" ?

or ABM for short (Auto Bouquet Maker)

if so, you can use it to regionalise your scan and scan 28e only and having selected your region it will do the donkey work for you

otherwise its do it all yourself, manually, either with the remote control or using a pc and a channel list editor like dreamset or dreamboxedit

if you use the catseye list and not in his area, you will have the same problem of changing it about to suit your region (like I have to do with his lists , lol)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

catseye (20-06-2016), gbmitie (20-06-2016)