Thread: Newbie needing help

Thanks

Newbie needing help

Hi guys,
    I'm a complete newb and have never had any sort of sat system before. But the time has come and I've been searching through this site for days and find myself getting lost in words that go way over my head.
    I'm thinking on purchasing a Vu+ solo 2. being the newb that I am is this a good choice, considering I've no idea what an 'image' or 'cccam' is.
    I know it's a pain helping out dummies, but any advice be much appreciated
    regards Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    The setup procedure and all of the info that you should require can be found in this thread, I am sure that there will be many members only too willing to help you should you get stuck during the setup procedure::

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

If you buy your receiver from the forum sponsor, he will install the latest patch etc for you, so when you get your receiver it will be ready for you to use.
    Last edited by Aldo; 20-05-2016 at 02:37 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

DCG (20-05-2016), echelon (20-05-2016), Topmetom (22-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    an image, like blackhole, or openvix, or openpli etc are the system softwares to make the box work, it actually uses linux but just assume its similar to windows OS on a pc or the OS on a macbook (but different), or like having ANDROID on your mobile phone or tablet

then you have addons and plugins and apps etc that work within that OS, as additions, so similar to installing tomtom or whatsapp on a smartphone

the guides tell you a lof of the setting up and what is needed and why, from various forums on here, like cccam , channel lists etc

its not for a novice, but with usb sticks, a windows based pc to help you along and research and reading you can learn to use it, just like you have learned to use a pc or phone to post on here

goldwafers should be able to help and advise you at the start, although its not likely they will help with cccam or c lines etc (hint, you should not be using them , lol)

Thanks
    thanks for your reply guys. I'm keen to understand all of this and I'm sure over time I will. I'm starting a software engineering degree in sept so I'm sure il catch on eventually.
    I tried contact goldwafers yesterday (Friday) but got no answer.
    There's a few questions I need answered but I don't think i can ask them on the forum. any advice on where to get answers?
    regards Lee

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Most questions can be posted on the forum, but most of the information is in the sticky threads, or in other threads, on the forum.
    Take a quick look at the Emulator section, for information on CCcam, and other emulators:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisp...-Emulator-Help

Also have a quick read, of the forum rules:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...49-Forum-Rules

If still in doubt you could always PM a mod/admin, to see if the subject is acceptable, and for clarification, on the rules.
    Last edited by Mickha; 21-05-2016 at 01:17 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-05-2016)