Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tried putting kodi to a firestick ,,no joy

Thanks

tried putting kodi to a firestick ,,no joy

i have loaded kodi many times to a firestick following the tutorials at seo Michael etc....
    admit that it was over 2 months ago
    tried to download for a friend today ,,followed the tutorial ,,
    got to part where it said click on ARM ( android)
    but for some reason it stopped
    trie to re install es file etc etc
    again same thing
    Have amazon done something to stop kodi loading??
    or is there some thing I need to change
    here is what I followed,,,
    https__://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

no underscores after https

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I installed via adbfire. Here is a how to on youtube.

Code:
    https__://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYuenZ2pLQ
    I still have 15.1 isenguard installed and its working fine. One thing to know make sure you extract adbfire and do not run if from zip. It would not connect to my firestick until I unzipped it fully.
    Last edited by nml; 12-05-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Live link not allowed

Thanks
    thnx
    tried tutorial
    when it got to bit about downloading abd fire from google
    gave the incorrect address
    __jocala.com as option and not the one on the u tubeeee video thus it did not work
    thnx anyways

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Code:
    h***://jocala.com/
    Goes to the webpage ok for me. Scroll down and click on download for windows if that is what you are using.

Takes you to androidfilehost site and then click download. I just started it and it started downloading ok. I cancelled it as I already have it.
    Last edited by nml; 12-05-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Live link

Thanks
    [QUOTE=kegnkiwi;949830]
    Code:
    h***://jocala.com/
    Goes to the webpage ok for me. Scroll down and click on download for windows if that is what you are using.

Takes you to androidfilehost site and then click download. I just started it and it started downloading ok. I cancelled it as I already have it.[/cheers well done I did it ,,have a gd night

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulupton123 View Post
    i have loaded kodi many times to a firestick following the tutorials at seo Michael etc....
    admit that it was over 2 months ago
    tried to download for a friend today ,,followed the tutorial ,,
    got to part where it said click on ARM ( android)
    but for some reason it stopped
    trie to re install es file etc etc
    again same thing
    Have amazon done something to stop kodi loading??
    or is there some thing I need to change
    here is what I followed,,,
    https__://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

no underscores after https
    What you have to do (that is not shown in the above link) is, after selecting ARM, scroll right down to the bottom toolbar and click on the "more" button (bottom right with 3 dots above it) and then select "open in browser" and load it from there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

paulupton123 (13-05-2016), simon 2003 (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    i got held up with this last night ,using this es downloader the arm file just didnt work,but i can confirm what satcat says worked first time . kind of clunky with the firestick remote though

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satcat View Post
    What you have to do (that is not shown in the above link) is, after selecting ARM, scroll right down to the bottom toolbar and click on the "more" button (bottom right with 3 dots above it) and then select "open in browser" and load it from there.
    had a quick go but it did not make sense wen I clicked the three dots /more
    will try again tomorrow I can see this is not straight forward at all

Thanks

I have done wat u said

and guess wat it doesn't install kodi
    instead it downloads sumit called mobile step
    so either ur missing something very important out or this is not safe

I have tried three times and two friends have followed your steps with same result

Thanks
    I have done wat u said

I have tried three times and two friends have followed your steps with same result
    we all agree looks suspicious

can anyone else on here confirm about this as it looks like a virus

lots of words
    e.g
    breadcrumb
    hansel and Gretel

Thanks
    I have done wat u said

I can't understand that. You defiantly highlighted Andriod ARM and accepted it before moving down to "more"?

Thanks
    Don't know if this will help you or not depends on what you want really paulupton123. I just did 2 sticks last night via adbfire one stick was not for having it and as before I just Factory Reset the stick and Kodi loaded no problem. Like I said this depends if you use the other features of your firestick.

Thanks
    I can't understand that. You defiantly highlighted Andriod ARM and accepted it before moving down to "more"?
    yes I did

just comes up with open file

and its all a word script
    that looks very much like a virus
    have had 3 other friends look and they all agreee

Thanks
    had a quick go but it did not make sense wen I clicked the three dots /more
    will try again tomorrow I can see this is not straight forward at all
    sorry mate but that makes perfect sense ,if you are in ES file explorer at the bottom right corner theres a button with 3 dots above saying more,
    ,i flattened my stick the other night and ran into this problem ,just click once on android arm its quite clunky with the remote but with patience can be done ,then just keep clicking left till it leaves the browser screen and is in the ES options pane on the left then scroll all the way down then all the way right and click more ,then scroll up to open in browser ,you may get an option to open in ES browser just once or everytime ,up to you then a box appears that installs kodi ? i did this last night on a firestick for a mate done and fully loaded in half an hour

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simon 2003 View Post
    sorry mate but that makes perfect sense ,if you are in ES file explorer at the bottom right corner theres a button with 3 dots above saying more,
    ,i flattened my stick the other night and ran into this problem ,just click once on android arm its quite clunky with the remote but with patience can be done ,then just keep clicking left till it leaves the browser screen and is in the ES options pane on the left then scroll all the way down then all the way right and click more ,then scroll up to open in browser ,you may get an option to open in ES browser just once or everytime ,up to you then a box appears that installs kodi ? i did this last night on a firestick for a mate done and fully loaded in half an hour
    agree with everything u said except
    the bit at the end where it says install kodi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it says
    install mobile
    then wen u open it
    all it says is the scripts

Thanks
    strange mate ,maybe install factory defaults on the stick from settings and start again
    like i said did it last night kodi fully loaded up in about 30mins

steps i used for anyone who needs it takes 5mins

1,connect stick to wireless
    2,go to settings and developer options and set both options to ON
    3,goto search and search for ES Explorer follow steps download and install
    4,open ES scroll down to add ,then add kodi url,,h**p://kodi.tv and name kodi below and accept
    5,scroll down left pane in ES to kodi and click,kodi website should open in main pane.
    6,scroll all the way up then keep clicking right on controller untill you can see that the curser is in the webpage
    7,goto downloads one of the top tabs ,
    8,scroll across to current build Jarvis 16.1 Andriod until arm option is highlighted and click once
    9,now keep clicking left on controller until you are in ES left hand pane .
    10,scroll to the very bottom until you are in bottom pane,and scroll right to MORE and click
    11,A small box opens scroll to OPEN IN BROWSER and click
    12,an option may appear that says open in ES just once or everytime choose either
    13 ,kodi should start installation follow on screen options ,accept all choices .
    14 ,done kodi should be in apps
    Last edited by simon 2003; 14-05-2016 at 12:27 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to simon 2003 For This Useful Post:

cannydo (14-05-2016), saintomer1866 (14-05-2016), Satcat (14-05-2016), SHARK 2 (28-08-2016), sonic1 (24-07-2016)

Thanks
    Nice tutorial Simon. Just to make it a little bit simpler I would change kodi url, to: h**p://kodi.tv/download which takes you straight to the download page.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

saintomer1866 (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    there is a new tutorial on u tube showing how to install kodi onto a firestick apparently amazon has blocked es file explorer

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I wrote this out for a guy on another forum who could not get Kodi on his Firestick.

06-14-2016, 02:30 AM

OK, download ADBlink from here :

h**p://jocala.com/

Install it on your computer.

Download and save on your computer the Android apk install ARM – x86 from here :

h**ps://kodi.tv/download/

It appears that if you are using Internet Explorer the file downloads as a.zip file, but if you are using a different browser it downloads correctly as the .apk file.

If you are using Internet Explorer you need to change the extension from .zip to .apk

On your Firestick you need to find its IP address and set the developer options to ADB debugging ON and Apps from Unknown to ON

Run adblink and click on New and enter any name you like in the description and the IP address of your fire TV stick in the address, leave everything else as it is and then click on Save.

Then click on Connect and you should see the IP address in the connected device window with :5555 behind your stick's IP address and the Status window should say Device.

Then click on Install APK and when the window opens browse to where you saved the Kodi .apk to, then click on Open and click on Yes when it asks if you want to install it in the next window.

You will see a green bar running along the bottom right hand side of the adblink window, it may run through a few times so do not do anything until it finishes and a window opens that will say done.

You can then close that window and click on Stop ADB and then Disconnect.

Kodi is now installed on your stick so set it up as you want with the addons, skins and anything else you want.

The following is to help that same guy back up his Firestick so he could clone his Firestick on to several more for his friends and family.

Then run the adblink program again and click on Connect and then on Backup, click on /sdcard/ in the window that opens and select a folder where you want to save your backup to and click on OK.
    It will take a few minutes and again will say Done when finished. As before close that window, click on Stop ADB then on Disconnect but leave the program open.

Power off your stick and place one of the new ones in its place, set the Developer options again as before and find and take note of the IP address, it will probably be a different one.
    If it is go to adblink and click on Edit and change the IP address to the new one and click on Save, if it gives it the same as the previous stick you can leave it as it is.

Click on Connect then click on Restore and browse for the folder where you saved the previous back up to and click on select folder and then click on Yes when it asks if you want to overwrite.
    Again wait until it says Done then click OK and Stop ADB and then Disconnect.

Check everything is working OK on that stick, it should be and repeat the process for the remaining sticks.

It sounds more complicated than it really is and once you have cloned the first one the others will get done in no time.
    Hopefully this may help someone who is having problems getting Kodi up and running. Just remember that the .apk file will download as a zip for some reason if using Interne Explorer, other browsers seem to do it as the correct file extension.
    Last edited by Sandra; 28-06-2016 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks
    It is still possible to use ESfile explorer, but you need to use different url.
    h**p://firetvguru.net and install kodi from there.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

maurice (28-06-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast