Thread: Technomate Motor Hard Reset

Thanks

Technomate Motor Hard Reset

I'm using Triax 90cm dish, Inverto twin LNB, Technomate Tm2600M2 motor and Vu+Solo2. My dish setup is less then 2 years old.

Last year I upgraded from a defunct Spiderbox to a Solo2 and it was then I started to experience problems moving my dish via USUALS. The dish will either not move at all or will only move in one direction and after a lot of effort it will move to the satellite I've selected by twiddling with the receiver's positioner fine movement - this problem was intermittent but increasingly become more frequent. I also had to fiddle with my co-ordinates to maximise signal strenght. Last week, after updating my BH image, my dish started overshooting and then stopped moving. I then factory reset my receiver, loaded the manufacturer's image and then reloaded BH image. The motor worked fine after this and then the problem started again. I'm at a loss as to whether this is a receiver, BH or a motor problem or a combination of all 3.

I called my installer and he came and blamed my receiver. He said my dish alignment and cabling and motor were working fine but he had to reset the motor and left it pointing at 19E. He asked me to factory reset my receiver and asked me not to reload my saved receiver settings and channel lists and to start from scratch and then he left after paying him a hefty fee. I haven't been able to use my receiver since there is no signal and my dish won't move. I climbed up to my dish and pushed the East/West buttons on the motor but the dish still won't move. I've done some reading and learnt about a hard reset and 'go to 0' but I can't find the motor reset pinhole. Before I seek a second professional opinion, could someone please tell me where the reset pin hole is exactly so that I can have a final go?

Thanks
    On the TM2600 you will see that just under the Move East/West button to one side there is a small pinhole that you insert a small nail or something similar to reset the motor

Thanks
    Thanks digicon. No joy I'm afraid - there are 4 pinholes, 2 above and 2 below on either side of of the east/west buttons. I poked a paper clip aprox 2 inches in each hole but there is no contact inside. Do I need to remove the rubber the grommet on the buttons or disconnect the motor cables to see this hole?

Thanks
    I think you may have read my post wrong, The reset button is located just underneath the grey button push the rubber button to one side and you should see the reset pin hole

Thanks
    Which rubber button, East or West?

Thanks
    Sorry about the confusion, found the pinhole now to the right of the right button. Sadly my dish still will not move. Maybe a new motor is required. Thanks again digicon.

Thanks
    i have the same trouble where the new tm motor was getting everything but 0.8w toy about where it and now when im tell the the box to go to any thing like 19.2 23.5 28.2 36w im get no where get uptothe dish and its reading that everything fine how do i go about reset the motor the shop i got it is say he don't no to come on here and ask so that what im doing he say something and the e w button but he not 100%

Thanks
    See the post above yours for the answer

Thanks
    that did work i got it sorted reset my box toke the motor down reset it to 0.8w and alway was ok bit off messing about but i got it