Thread: ** iptv 4 Android devices **

Thanks

** iptv 4 Android devices **

I have bought Nvidia Shield Android TV box with a promise that I will able to watch Full HD Live Channels and Movies etc.

Unfortunately, Plex (IPTV) stopped working and I cant access any of contents.

I have manage to install IPTV in my dreambox through kind help of @saintomer1866

But i will appreciate if any genius brain and kind person can help me to install IPTV in my Nvidia Android Shield TV please

I will appreciate your help

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Plex works fine on the Shield TV - if you have problems uninstall the latest update, (however the update works fine for me) and clear the cache. Also you can use IPTV via the Kodi app, see here for a guide:

Code:
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-setup-livetv-pvr-simple-xbmc-kodi/
    Once you install that - all you need is a m3u file on your shield - point Kodi IPTV to the m3u file and your channels will work fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Plex works fine on the Shield TV - if you have problems uninstall the latest update, (however the update works fine for me) and clear the cache. Also you can use IPTV via the Kodi app, see here for a guide:

Code:
    https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-setup-livetv-pvr-simple-xbmc-kodi/
    Once you install that - all you need is a m3u file on your shield - point Kodi IPTV to the m3u file and your channels will work fine.
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes I have got plex app but when I open it, there is not channels anymore before it was showing good HD quality movies and channels

I have got kodi but very few live tv channels work via kodi and picture quality is RUBBISH. thats why I have to re-install my dreambox so I can enjoy HD channels.

I appreciate your reply.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by difficult View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes I have got plex app but when I open it, there is not channels anymore before it was showing good HD quality movies and channels

I have got kodi but very few live tv channels work via kodi and picture quality is RUBBISH. thats why I have to re-install my dreambox so I can enjoy HD channels.

I appreciate your reply.
    The 'bad quality' is down to your IPTV provider - and has nothing to do with KODI or your Shield TV hardware or software. As for your Plex issues - you must have logged out of your plex server - so just log back in again.

Thanks
    The 'bad quality' is down to your IPTV provider - and has nothing to do with KODI or your Shield TV hardware or software. As for your Plex issues - you must have logged out of your plex server - so just log back in again.
    yes you are right, that bad quality is due to IPTV prover thats why very same channels like bbc HD has an excellent picture quality through dreambox. Plex was good before.

I don't have server but I think the guy who sold me this Shield TV, probably scammed me. I didnt know that Plex work like dreambox (clines) or server.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by difficult View Post
    yes you are right, that bad quality is due to IPTV prover thats why very same channels like bbc HD has an excellent picture quality through dreambox. Plex was good before.

I don't have server but I think the guy who sold me this Shield TV, probably scammed me. I didnt know that Plex work like dreambox (clines) or server.
    Plex doesn't work like a dreambox or Cline - go to the Plex website for info on how it works.

Where did you think the content that Plex was getting was coming from? it's got to be stored somewhere on a server, and to access that server you usually need a username and password to log into it - you do on the Shield TV Plex App (or any other Plex android app) - unless you're casting it from a PC using Google Chrome, so it's pretty obvious you need to log back in, or the server is now offline - contact the guy you bought your Shield from about this.

As for IPTV - is your IPTV source server the same for both your Dreambox and the m3u file you're using on your Shield TV? You must have an account that you are using on both with login details etc, did you make the m3u file yourself that you installed on your shield?

Thanks
    Plex doesn't work like a dreambox or Cline - go to the Plex website for info on how it works.

Where did you think the content that Plex was getting was coming from? it's got to be stored somewhere on a server, and to access that server you usually need a username and password to log into it - you do on the Shield TV Plex App (or any other Plex android app) - unless you're casting it from a PC using Google Chrome, so it's pretty obvious you need to log back in, or the server is now offline - contact the guy you bought your Shield from about this.

yes are you are right. Other guy had server and my plex was attached with his server the way dreambox does. He has probably blocked those lines now. When I open app, it just show me code, as you can see photo attached.

As for IPTV - is your IPTV source server the same for both your Dreambox and the m3u file you're using on your Shield TV? You must have an account that you are using on both with login details etc, did you make the m3u file yourself that you installed on your shield?
    No, I use satellite for my dreambox and kodi and youtube etc apps via shield tv (different source). I have not got any m3u file and I dont know how to code it or install it etc. But I have kodi (beast 1.4) with few live stream tv, absolutely rubbish. Thats why I never watch live channels and I was missing quality tv, thats why I am back to my dreambox.

I recently download openpli 4 that has iptv built in, I watched few HD channels via "Japhar IPTV" in dreambox, their quality was fantastic. I will be very happy if I can get propery HD live tv and moves via shield tv PLEASE....iptv dreambpx1.jpgplex issue.jpg

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you want good quality IPTV on your shield you are going to need to find a server that will let you access it - you won't get that for free usually. Also you will need to learn how to make a m3u file with the IPTV server details and install that on your shield, then set up KODI or another android TV IPTV app to use that m3u file.

Reading you posts - this is beyond your skill level just now to set this up - maybe a bit of reading will help, failing that you can always ask the guy you bought your Shield from to help you.

Thanks
    If you want good quality IPTV on your shield you are going to need to find a server that will let you access it - you won't get that for free usually. Also you will need to learn how to make a m3u file with the IPTV server details and install that on your shield, then set up KODI or another android TV IPTV app to use that m3u file.

Reading you posts - this is beyond your skill level just now to set this up - maybe a bit of reading will help, failing that you can always ask the guy you bought your Shield from to help you.

Yes you are right, the guy who initially installed plex actually has run away. It happened same with my dreambox clines too. thats why my wife said, enough to these things and I cant spend time in servers anymore lol

yes, you are right, the way no body give clines free, no one will give me server access for plex either. so I am stuck to watch youtube on shield tv and rubbish quality channels on kodi.

you mentioned "you will need to learn how to make a m3u file with the IPTV server details and install that on your shield, then set up KODI or another android TV IPTV app to use that m3u file."

yes you are right, its like a mission impossible for me. is not possible to download such a file from net just get the job done, the way I have uploaded iptv channels to my dreambox?

"you can always ask the guy you bought your Shield from to help you."

he has run away man...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Unfortunately in life some things cost money or you need to learn the skills to do things yourself, people can only help you so much but you should really research these things before you go out and buy something.

1: IPTV - comes from a server, most of the people that run these charge money to use their server.
    2: Shield TV doesn't not come from the factory with built in free IPTV - therefore you need to install this yourself - if that's too hard for you, get someone to do it for you.
    3: Plex is software that lets you access either your own server or the server of a friend who is willing to let you access their content - if you don't have either of these you can forget using that software.
    4: The guy who sold you the shield TV was technically correct - you can use IPTV and you can use Plex, however you need accounts to use these - he probably never told you that, that's between you and him though so unless you can find him for login details you will need to source your own accounts.
    5: Do a bit of reading on the Plex software - i.e. visit the Plex site and forum.
    6: Read up about installing IPTV to Kodi - It's on the KODI wiki.

7: Good luck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

difficult (15-04-2016), seagate1 (11-04-2016)