Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomtom Android Version 965

Thanks

Icon14 Tomtom Android Version 965

See from another thread that Russell1 is back now, so hoping he can soon post TT Android 965 as TT Go wont work on my partner's Galaxy Tab 3 (states 'unable to connect with current settings') - but the android version works fine!
    I also prefer android version on my Galaxy Note 3, so would really appreciate the 'maestro's help here! lol!!
    Cheers!atriot:

Thanks
    Here's the Tomtom v1.4 with the UK & RoI v965.7250 map. I have not tested this installation as I use the newer Go version now and get the free map updates with it .
    Code:
    http://hugefiles.net/82vwjwcqs0h8

Thanks
    Thanks very much Russell1, downloading as I type - hope you had a good break mate?:respect-055:

Thanks
    Sorry Russell1, but cannot get it to work mate - installs ok but when entering prog getting message 'Unable to use map 100654' and it wont go any further!
    Tried using via both sd card and phone memory too to install via apk (separately of course!)!

Thanks
    Sorry mate, don't know why it's not working for you. Have a look at some of the earlier threads for the v1.4 android tomtom and make sure you have got folders in correct location and have followed guides on how to install it.
    Have you tried the new Tomtom Go version ?

Thanks
    No mate, did everything the same as before, think last maps were Android version 955 I had on - and yes TT Go does work ok on MY Note 3, but NOT on partner's Tab 3, hence the request for the android version 965!
    Will try deleting everything and start again then!

Thanks
    Sorry Russell1, latest android for 965 still won't open properly after installation - see the apk. remains constant to all versions, but can only assume it MAY be an issue with the maps section mate?
    Maybe I'm barking up wrong tree here (as usual!! lol!!), but 960, which DID work had a 'm e t a' within 'tomtom' folder and this 965 doesn't?

Thanks
    Don't know sorry, I don't use this version now, I use the new Go version which lets me update the maps every 3 months

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell1 View Post
    Don't know sorry, I don't use this version now, I use the new Go version which lets me update the maps every 3 months
    Ok mate thanks - but assume you are still using the same 'source' as previously for the android version, if so can only assume they may have revised their maps folder which could explain the difference between the old and the new android versions?
    It's no good though if it doesn't actually work any more, when it did before!

It's also a shame that for some reason my partner's Tab 3 doesn't seem to be compatible with the 'GO' version, assume must be some Samsung software differences between the phones, Notes and Tabs!

Thanks
    My tab 3 works with the Go v1.8

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell1 View Post
    My tab 3 works with the Go v1.8
    Ok Russell1, thanks mate, my partner with Tab 3 is away and before she went away I couldn't get GO to work, but will try again when she returns next weeki!

Thanks
    PS: Have tried the 965 android version you kindly posted on my Note 3, a S5 Neo and a brand new S7 Edge, ALL without success Russell1, have tried loading apk. via both sd card and phone memory, none of which work - it seems to install but then get varying messages such as 'unable to connect to internet, please check your internet settings' - obviously weird as it doesn't use internet anyway!! lol!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    To rule out any suspicions that the 965_7250 map wont work with the 1.4 apk, I have this combination working perfectly.

What I did was download the map on its own from one of the usual places, delete the existing map folder and replace it with the new one. To activate, connect device to PC and use the LATEST FastActivate - I used one dated 29/02/2016. Use option 8 for 'mobile activate'.

Hope this helps somebody out!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_dog View Post
    To rule out any suspicions that the 965_7250 map wont work with the 1.4 apk, I have this combination working perfectly.

What I did was download the map on its own from one of the usual places, delete the existing map folder and replace it with the new one. To activate, connect device to PC and use the LATEST FastActivate - I used one dated 29/02/2016. Use option 8 for 'mobile activate'.

Hope this helps somebody out!
    That's interesting thanks mate, after investigating on other forums I've found that this file as posted from Russel's source has been posing probs for most people and your suggestion may well be a way round it and I will five it a try tomorrow, although not too certain where the 'usual places' for latest maps are either!! lol!!
    Maybe you mean in another post on here?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I usually find links to the maps on gpsunderground.

I wonder if it might be worth trying to activate the complete install above using FastActivate? Perhaps the activation hasn't been done correctly?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_dog View Post
    I usually find links to the maps on gpsunderground.

I wonder if it might be worth trying to activate the complete install above using FastActivate? Perhaps the activation hasn't been done correctly?
    Sorry mate but not really familiar with 'Fastactivate'! It does make sense though what you are saying, yet as I say there are many reports elsewhere that this latest android version 965 is NOT working!

Thanks
    There is an old copy of fastactivate posted here :-
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...t=fastactivate
    You can update it once you open the programme

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    Sorry mate but not really familiar with 'Fastactivate'! It does make sense though what you are saying, yet as I say there are many reports elsewhere that this latest android version 965 is NOT working!
    Not sure about the version posted here, I didn't fancy deleting and reinstalling again so I just downloaded the map on it's own, replaced the old one and activated it. It's been working fine for me for the last month or so, I did 120 miles with it yesterday!

tt android 965.jpg

This is the version of FastActivate I used for the 965 map... despite the filename, there may be a newer version out by now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sparky_dog; 15-04-2016 at 05:20 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Right, a bit more info. I've been having a look at my phone, to see if I can remember exactly how I did this.

My tomtom is installed to the SD card, there is a folder in the root called 'tomtom'. The map folder is in tomtom/com.tomtom.ukireland/files, I replaced the original 950 map folder with the new 965_7250 map folder. IIRC, the new map folder had no postcodes file, so I copied the 'postal_GBR' file over from the old map folder.

I put 'FastActivate.exe' and 'Integrated_me ta.txt' in the root of the SD and RAN FASTACTIVATE FROM THERE, choosing the 'mobile activate' function.

IIRC, that's how it went on, and it worked first time.

I think the error message you were getting with the full download may be to do with the map not being activated.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just reading back through the thread, it occurred to me that the activation files from my 965 map might help you.

Attached is a .rar with the PNA, DCT and ME TA files from my map folder. I think the android device code is the same for all, so it should work if you plonk the files into your map folder?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast