Thread: Is this the end?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Is this the end?

I've had my TM6900 super for about 8+ years. Currently on 7.62 and was running fine until a couple of weeks ago. Problem is unexpected rebooting and inconsistent freezing/locking up which makes the receiver unresponsive to the remote, which is only cleared by turning the receiver off and on again. The receiver can run for hours without problem until, like tonight, for example, I turn over to football and it locks up. I've turned it off and on and the problem seems to have cleared but other times I have to repeat this procedure. I checked the connections at the dish last week in case rain water had penetrated the cables and re-taped over the f-connectors but still have these problems. Is my 6900 on its way out? Anybody have an idea/experience of this?

Verified Registered User bamber's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a TM6800 super, which is basically the 6900 without the terrestrial tuner. A problem which I and many other owners have had is blown capacitors on the power supply board, which is a fairly easy fix. The first symptom of that fault is usually a failure to recognise anything plugged into the USB sockets. Try reading this thread and the others mentioned in it:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ight=capacitor

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bamber For This Useful Post:

echelon (24-02-2016), maurice (24-02-2016), pricey (24-02-2016)