Thread: Image problem?

Thanks

Image problem?

Hi guys, I recently updated my solo 2 image to the B.H 3.0.1 and it seemed to work well until recently. I have lost KODI and one of my tuners ( B ). Strange thing is when I have set a timer recording sometimes a program will show when the timer is set to another program as its meant to. Normally ( now that is ) you can only view the program being recorded.
    I wonder if I should flash a new image? I am reticent about this as I am not very competent with the unit despite having it for so long, I tend to leave it alone if its going well. Any advice re the reflash or could it be a tuner problem? I have changed feeds and it makes no difference.
    Many thanks for any advice.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    How did you update your image, and which image, or Black Hole version, did you have before?
    What type of satellite set up do you have, fixed dish, with multiple LNB's, fixed dish with single LNB, running 2, or more cables, motorized dish, etc.?
    Please check both your Tuner configurations and eithewr post a screen shot or manually type out your settings.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

ironman (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    also check which version of that image is on the box in the info box in the menu, plus check for online updates in the menu as its been updated several times since the initial file was issued

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ironman (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    1) @Mickha:
    How did you update your image, > by front USB port
    and which image, > Black Hole v 3.0.1 the zip file says 20151124, was an early posting from this board.
    or Black Hole version, did you have before? > Previous version was 2.0.7.
    What type of satellite set up do you have, > Mobile/motorized dish with one LNB with twin feed ie two cables, both work in socket A.
    I have tried several configs for socket B, ie, same as A, equal to A, config B in expert ( same as was working before with B.H 2.0.7 ).
    Think it must be the image causing the problem?

Thanks
    Hi echelon, thanks for the input. Can I do an online update and still retain all my settings? Or will this reset everything and I have to reinstall cccam and all the trimmings again? If not that seems to be the way to go. I thought all updates to the image had to be done via the front USB port.
    Thanks for your time and Mickha too.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You can update your image online, via the menu options, to 3.01F.
    I'm still not sure what satellite set up you have, can you please expand on Mobile/Motorized dish?
    Are you just using a motorized dish, with twin output LNB, so that you have two cables, from the same LNB, one going to Tuner A, the second going to Tuner B?
    Is your motor using USALS or Diseqc 1.2?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-02-2016), ironman (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Yes Mickha, I'm using a motorized dish, with twin output LNB, and have two cables, from the same LNB, one going to Tuner A, the second going to Tuner B. My motor using Diseqc 1.2 as the dish is powered by a Vbox2.
    If I do an online update will I have to re input the cccam and my other necessaries?
    Thanks for the time to help.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No, I have the same setup, an online update doesn't alter any of your settings.
    I have Tuner A set to Advanced, as this is the Tuner connected to my V-Box II, with all my satellites stored, in the matching positions of the V-Box II, e.g. Astra 1, 19.2E, position 1, 16E, position 2, 13E, position 3, etc..
    Tuner B is set to Second Cable of Motorized Dish.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-02-2016), ironman (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks again for the info Mickha, I will try an online update tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ironman For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    If I do an online update will I have to re input the cccam and my other necessaries?
    Thanks for the time to help.
    let me be blunt here

only a fool would do any updates (online or otherwise) without backing up the CCcam.cfg file in var/etc , mgcamd config files (in usr/keys), oscam files in tuxbox/config - using an ftp program like filezilla or VuCC filezilla or DCC ; and your channel list using dreamset or dreamboxedit - to your pc or laptop

but no if it all goes well it should not affect these files, but assume 1 in 100 will fail or corrupt so also assume you will be that 1 in 100 and do backups of your config files and the necessaries

good luck

ps:- I have used the "online update" a few times in the present BH image, having used the original image from usb stick at the start, but my files have all been backed up using flash fxp and dreamset anyway

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ironman (04-02-2016), Mickha (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Excellent echelon, I totally agree with what you are saying and I have a backup on my HDD and on my computer using Dreambox Control Center, I have saved my channel listings to and belt and braces downloaded the latest catseye listings just in case. I also downloaded the latest image just in case it all goes to small coal.
    The main reason I do not want to do a clean re flash is because it always takes me ages due to lack of knowledge of the solo2. I will try the online job and see how that goes. Many thanks again for taking the time to comment, its much appreciated.

Thanks
    no problem, having those backups makes it relatively easy to fix any problems

I also back up the emu bin files in var/bin , the keys folder (with files inside it) and the configs, plus as you say backup your channel list but also grab the catseye lists too, forewarned is forearmed

good luck

ps:- if you reflashed with the original 3.01a file you would still need to do the update to 3.01f (or newer) anyway

so unless you had a full installer for 3.01f to reflash it then you are still faced with the same updating procedures (online update)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ironman (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    I updated the image online last night but unfortunately it did not cure the fault, it must be the B tuner which is faulty.
    Thanks to all who helped with the problem.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ironman For This Useful Post:

echelon (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    the only way that statement is true is if it failed with a full reinstall from the front usb trying bh215 and openvix and openpli, ie:- more images

if the tuner failed no matter which image was used, then I would agree with you, but it could be a corrupt image and a full reflash would fix it

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

DCG (12-02-2016), ironman (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    just to add the BH 3.0 IS not A GOOD IMAGE too many bugs especially with 3.0.1 F. I went back to 2.1.7

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A For This Useful Post:

DCG (12-02-2016), echelon (12-02-2016), ironman (13-02-2016)