Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sickly MSCAM

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks jbvid.
    The important thing is that you and blackdevil seem to confirm that mscam is currently working fine.
    I will now try to test and fix at my end.
    Thanks.
    tinto de verano

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbvid View Post
    @tinto de verano
    If same, another way to check problem is to move Spiderbox close to your Router and plug in direct with network cable (just for testing)
    jb
    or another way is buy a 20 or 30 metre ethernet cable from the *uct*on site (cheap on there) and run it over the carpet in order to temporarily test it wired

I have run ethernet cable (cat 5) to my rooms and use lan splitters where necessary (or direct to the gadget) , leaving only portable laptops, mobile phones and tablets etc using wireless access , I did have some sort of powerline once but had some issues at the time (no idea what they were) - wired is always best

I look at wifi as being ok for using browsers, email checking and similar tasks where its not critical as far as any lags or ecm constraints etc

until it has been tested "wired" then to me its not been "tested" and no conclusions should be drawn when using wifi or powerlines until you have a definitive "wired" test as the baseline test

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

tinto de verano (27-03-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123