Thread: Iphone without a simm card

Thanks

Iphone without a simm card

Hi Guys, I have been given an iphone 4 which is USA Verizon enabled. Evidently a number of these didn't have simmcards and I would like to use it in Grenada West Indies where I live. Is there any way of enabling this to work on one of the two networks here.(Digicell or Cable & Wireless) I can use it on wifi ok but it would be nice to use it as a phone also. Happy New Year to all.

Thanks
    If the networks are GSM in Grenada and west Indies then no it wont work. If they are CDMA then it will, but you will need to inform Verizon. If you get a 4s onward, you shouldn't have any issues if its GSM as they were quad band GSM enabled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sawdust For This Useful Post:

cardo (03-01-2016)

Thanks
    Not sure if this is relevant! I have an iphone 4 locked to a provider that I do not want to use. I tried to Jailbreak it which should be easy! Unfortunately as it is updated to the latest IOS I cannot Jailbreak it.....until such time as someone sorts a new hack! So you may chose to not keep the IOS up to date for the time being if it is locked to Verizon. (Why am I messing around with an old iphone 4? Because I attempted DIY repairs on my iphone 5 and they ended in tears!!!).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to captainglassback For This Useful Post:

cardo (03-01-2016)