Thread: Could do with some opinions please

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts

Could do with some opinions please

Over the last weekend my lad & myself called into the local Mcd's drive through

As we were waiting in the queue of traffic the safety barrier came down on my car

It hit the bonnet & lucky for us missed the windscreen by approx 6 inches

We couldn't believe what just happened

So got out car & looked whilst the driver behind also got out & asked if we were ok etc

He also advised to take photos-which I did

Anyway damage to car is minimal & we weren't physically hurt just a bit shaken up etc

The manager at Mcd's apologised & said the safety chain to prevent this happening wasn't on & admitted it was their fault

He quickly put the chain back on

He gave me details of company etc & advised we go through our own car insurance to deal

Which is going through the process etc

Anyway, apart from contacting our insurance company, Is there anyone else I should contact regarding this incident??

Also, has anyone else ever experienced this??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Did you get the guys name and address as a witness .

and of course ask for lifetime of free food ,

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

catseye (03-12-2015), sonic1 (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Think I would contact Mcd via their HO website - explain what's happened and what are they going to do about it, bearing in mind what MIGHT have happened on THEIR watch!
    Then await their reply with great interest!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

catseye (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mc d's is neither safe to eat in or safe to drive through they'll get you by diarrhea or try kill you with thier ' safety barrier '
    to think we were only 6" away from no more Catseye the very thought is enuff to give anyone nightmares
    Do'nt be soft with these greedy S.O.B's whatever damage was caused add a lot extra for whiplash etc.. if it was other way round you can bet they'd be after more than a few grand , if it was me that was talking to this manger douche i woulda informed him that the local tabloids and/or local radio station would be very intrested in this incident and just how unsafe mcd's staff run this buisiness into the ground and for the good of everyones safety to ensure it cant happen again just hand over the envolope with the £2K in it which may or may not cover the cost of the damages plus Whiplash and severe psychological distress
    both to you and your young child plus the added irreversable emotional distress which has been caused to many loyal members of Satpimps well established and respectable satellite forum
    And i likely upon instinct alone would have called the cops plus an ambulance at the time of the incident to ensure not only my own safety but added protection for that manger and staff aswell incase things got out of control and the said due money had been witheld for whatever reason
    hopefully you enjoyed reading this post and i do hope that there is no future repercussions as the last thing we need is something bad happening to a valued and loyal member of Satpimps especially before crimbo and before a new updated Satellite settings are issued .!

good luck my friend Catseye
    i hope you get compensated very highly for this traumatic experience : )
    cheers !
    -
    Barney : ))

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

Aldo (03-12-2015), catseye (03-12-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    should I contact an organisation such as health & safety or similar regarding this?

If so which organisation would be best ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    should I contact an organisation such as health & safety or similar regarding this?

If so which organisation would be best ?
    I would contact Heath and safety because a number of years ago a barrier that rotated towards a lady driver and it pierced the windscreen and it killed her. I know yours came down and not rotate but it could have smashed the w/screen and blinded you with broken glass or more.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

catseye (05-12-2015)