Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie setup help

Thanks
    Ok man thanks. I'll try again tomorow night, without adding epg. What about boquets? Then I'll try add my n-line if I can

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    wot he said earlier in post 20 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

without you ftp,ing the crashlog and putting it on here, we cannot comment on the crashes , although I would have thought a new image like vix 3.2.021 would work ok providing you havent added non-vix plugins or emus or skins etc

backup your CCcam.cfg file from var/etc, then install the latest vix above using a front usb stick , then follow my quick guide from earlier , no extra skins (use the default) , no epg , no picons , just do as mickha says, stick to the basics , so new image , brand new catseye channel list (bouquets , commonly called a SETTINGS file) , set usals if using a motor , set password using telnet , set audio as per the sticky thread, add cccam for vix (so not the BH one) , add the backed up CCcam.cfg , select and save cccam 2.30 as emu

test it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Cecil (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Ok thanks. Sorry for the late reply. Hopfully I'll get a chance to try this tonight

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil For This Useful Post:

echelon (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    So, after reflashing my box, adding bouquets, starting (learning) how to install cccam. I just installed 2.30. I got the error again on my screen. I cant ftp the crashlog, as soon as it crashes I cant connect to my box unless I reflash. So Ive taken a photo from my phone. I hope it works and hope you guys can help.
    IMG_4793.JPG

when I reboot my box this is the message I get

IMG_4794.JPG

Thanks
    sorry about the pictures uploading sideways, not sure how that happened

Thanks
    1) exactly how did you install CCcam ?

2) where did you install or get the cccam from ?

Thanks
    I havnt installed it on to my box, just my laptop at the moment. Then I got this message again.
    My box was originally set up a year ago, never had a problem until the last couple of weeks

Thanks
    you said in your previous post that you installed cccam v2.30 , now you say you havent , its one or the other !!

you cannot install cccam to your windows based laptop, that is impossible

you need to give correct details about what you are doing as we cannot see what you are doing

you also need to tell us which image and version of the image you installed

for clarity, tell us everything you are using , files , tools , version numbers

I assume you installed vix ? which one ? which version ? (there are dozens)

if you installed cccam v2.21 or v2.30 , where did you get it from ? (I asked this before - yet no reply)

what else have you installed that could have caused these errors ?

which bouquets did you install and what program and version number did you use ?

I hope you are not deliberately avoiding answering these questions or withholding information ?

one liner replies are useless if you require help and advice

11. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Apologies again.

I've downloaded cccam v.2.30 from a forum to my laptop last night. I can't from the top of my head remember which one. I think it was top or one of the top pages on the Google search. I have not installed it to my box. I was about to try but that's when I got the error message again before I got the chance.

At the moment, on my box I have installed openvix 3.2.019 from the vix team page. I got my bootloader from here aswel.

I installed catseye e2 setting file 06.11.15 from this forum in the sticky.

I haven't done anything else.

My box was set up for me a year ago with a version of black hole. Im not sure what version but I could try and find out if you needed that. I had no problems with the box until recently when that software message popped up.

That's the reason I'm trying to sort it, because it prevents me using the box once the message shows.

I'm not trying to keep anything from anyone echelon, I'm just very new to this and proving to be not much good.

I really appreciate any help from anybody on here. Over the last couple of weeks I've been using all different forums and getting my self mixed up. I will for sure just be sticking to this one now. I'm unbelievably busy at work at the monent too, that's the reason for the delay in messages.

Thanks for you're pacience. Like I say I really appreciate it when you could easily ignore me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-11-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Personally I think you should first test your receiver, to see if there is a hardware fault.
    Do this by loading either an early Black Hole image, or even an original image:
    Code:
    http://code.vuplus.com/
    Follow the instructions, and just scan a single satellite, whichever one your dish is on.
    Once set up, try viewing some FTA, Free to Air, channels, and leave the receiver on, a soak test.
    If it's working fine then try loading a newer image, CCcam, and a channel list, if not, some of the older VU+ Duo receivers have been known to suffer capacitor problems, which can be easily repaired.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Cecil (27-11-2015), echelon (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    that is a much better reply in post #29 than post #24 and is all I was asking for although you didnt mention the loader for the catseye list , so you have not installed cccam , you have downloaded it from somewhere , plus you have not said which image it is designed for (this is very important) ie:- I do not want you installing a BH version in openvix, its that simple

the last openvix that I mentioned is 3.2.021 (now superceded by 3.2.023) and due to you having errors (as seen in your pics earlier) then maybe this was a bug in that 3.2.019 image and possibly fixed in v20 or v21 , or it may still exist in which case you send those crashlog details to openvix so they can fix it

in other words, it may not be your fault

I agree with mickha that maybe you should try something else, I would recommend the openBH v0.1 and use only the cccam 2.30 ipk file for BH as linked by the sticky threads (so not from anywhere else)

or try the latest openvix, but DO NOT INSTALL any downloaded cccam from the net

why ? because in openvix you go into the plugins - addons (or updates) - choose softcams and install one from there, when I looked the other day it had cccam v2.21 and mgcamd v1.35 for starters , so my point is you dont use downloaded to your laptop files if there are options from within the image (which there isnt an option in BH but there is in openvix)

rule of thumb is dont use downloaded files unless there is no alternative, ask if you dont know

if you do use downloaded files, make sure its the correct one for the flash image and version number , otherwise you will get crashes and crashlogs when incorrect files are used (you wouldnt put diesel in a petrol car, even if they are both ford focus)

you can see an explanation of this in the zgemma forum here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...m-install-help

we do want you to succeed , which is why its frustrating when the feedback is minimal as you need to help us to help you

so try openBH 0.1

or try the latest BH 3.0.1 (out this week) , or the older BH V2.15 or v2.16 (not v2.17)

or try the latest openvix 3.2.023

ps:- you didnt mention how you loaded the catseye list, I hope it was with the latest dreamset like v2.44 and select enigma 2 version 4 for the box type

good luck

17. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Cecil (27-11-2015)

Thanks
    hi guys just an update. I installed openBH 0.1 from this forum, from echelons first post dated 17/07/15 in the openBH 0.1 thread. I went through the set up wizard set my satellite. I scanned for channels and got the FTA ones up. I've left it like this for a couple of days and I haven't had the software error message..yet. the only problem I have had is needing to reboot my box every time I turn the tv on as all I have is a black screen with the time and date on the front of the box.
    so next I will try the cccam 2.30 ipk file from this forum. can anybody tell me if there is a tutorial of this on here so as I know I'm doing the right thing and not something that I shouldn't.

Thanks
    sounds like the box has gone into standby mode, press the STB button on the top right of the remote to wake it up

the sticky threads have tutorials on this aspect of installing cccam

ftp (transfer) the blackhole v2.30 ipk file to the tmp folder on the box

use the menu or plugins addons and the plugin manager and select the ipk installer (possibly under the green button and then the yellow addons and then the 4th option down in the menu - manual install IPK packages)

this should now see the ipk file in the tmp folder

select the cccam ipk file and tell it to install

when finished , cccam is on the box and the cfg file in var/etc can be modified to add a c or n line using an ftp program like filezilla (VuCC) and the free program NOTEPAD++ (install notepad++ first onto your pc if not done already)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Cecil (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    brilliant. thank you. I will try this as soon as I get a spare hour or 2 this week and will let you know. thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil For This Useful Post:

echelon (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Hi guys. I never got my box going again.

Would there be anybody interested in doing it for me? I would pay of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    I think the reply to that will be NO

as per the rules you agreed to
    Advertising
    No personal adverts or dealer adverts what so ever.(respect our forum sponsor)
    No requests asking for or paying for other members to set up your equipment for you apart from motors and dishes
    Last edited by DCG; 20-04-2016 at 10:40 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-04-2016), saintomer1866 (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Hi guys. I never got my box going again.

Would there be anybody interested in doing it for me? I would pay of course.
    Maybe you could ask who ever it was that did the initial setup, to do that for you, as they would know what they installed, and then you could explain what you want installed on your receiver now.
    Last edited by Aldo; 20-04-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12