Thread: how do i set correct elevation for gibertine and dark moter please

Thanks

Icon11 how do i set correct elevation for gibertine and dark moter please

hello all some months back purchased a I metre gibertine dish from Germany, dark moter from gw.

now the dish has no info on set up ,only assembly of parts etc. also I has mislaid the manual for the dark moter and cannot find a pdf online.

my latitude is 51.6 north and long 0.4 west I used the dishpointer program picked 0.8w as sat and my location it gives elevation as 30.9 degrees?

I find this confusing, what do I set the dark moter elevation bracket too? also the dish has a degree scale for up / down adjustment ,I have no idea what I set that to.

at the moment I have not assembled dish or dark moter until I know how to set it up.

I have moterised 80cm dish with stab at present but believe the dark moter will affix to my scaffold pole with the dish mounting tube pointing down rather up as on present set up.

thank you

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,404 Posts
    The dish elevation is only a guide, sometimes quite accurate, but at other times really annoying.
    Set your dish up to get the best possible signal, on 0.8W, then send it to 30W, and 28.2E, just to get some readings.
    Note these down, then send it back to 0.8W, make some minor adjustments, then try again, until you're satisfied the dish is tracking the satellite arc, and you're getting the best signal possible.
    You can then try all the other satellites.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (20-11-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cutain View Post
    hello all some months back purchased a I metre gibertine dish from Germany, dark moter from gw.

now the dish has no info on set up ,only assembly of parts etc. also I has mislaid the manual for the dark moter and cannot find a pdf online.

my latitude is 51.6 north and long 0.4 west I used the dishpointer program picked 0.8w as sat and my location it gives elevation as 30.9 degrees?

I find this confusing, what do I set the dark moter elevation bracket too? also the dish has a degree scale for up / down adjustment ,I have no idea what I set that to.

at the moment I have not assembled dish or dark moter until I know how to set it up.

I have moterised 80cm dish with stab at present but believe the dark moter will affix to my scaffold pole with the dish mounting tube pointing down rather up as on present set up.

thank you
    motor setting should be 51.6 or between 51-52

Thanks
    There is a superb thread on this & related topics on the forum which you can access by clicking HERE.

Thanks
    thanks all for info the link is very informative, having looked at my dark moter there is a scale for latitude on the djustment bracket