Thread: Ford Navigation System?

Thanks

Ford Navigation System?

Anybody know anything about this system? It runs from an SD card in my 2015 Mondeo and cards cost stupid money from Ford garages and are not cheap from "other" sources.

Thanks
    maybe something on here they have a Ford section h**p://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum.php

Thanks
    Thanks for that. Been and had a look. It seems you can't do much in the way of self updating. I wondered if it was possible to update the map data in the way it's possible with my Go910 and also edit the POIs.

Thanks
    Hi. I have a Ford Fiesta fitted with a Sony Sat Nav. The map seems to be on a Bleupunkt SD card. I was told by the Ford Dealer to just pop in for a map update. It was just a matter of changing the SD card. So if you can find the details of your card you should be able to get one on E ***. From what I can see they still cost an arm and...well slightly shorter leg. Personally I think the Ford system is rubbish and I do not switch it on. I use my Tomtom and it never lets me down. I did try the ford sat nav a couple of times when I first got the car. It tried to take me down footpaths and to make turns into roads that did not exist so as I said I stopped using it.

Thanks
    I don't find it too bad. The first time I used it with an F3 card it took me somewhere stupid for a town centre but since I got the latest F5 card it's been behaving. The drawback, as you've pointed out is the cost - £90 a pop as opposed to genuine TomTom updates 4 times a year for £60ish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    I don't find it too bad. The first time I used it with an F3 card it took me somewhere stupid for a town centre but since I got the latest F5 card it's been behaving. The drawback, as you've pointed out is the cost - £90 a pop as opposed to genuine TomTom updates 4 times a year for £60ish.
    Or free maps and live for life if you buy a new TT.

PS My Wife has a year old Audi a1 with built in sat nav and it doesn't even have my Son address and we won't be upgrading the maps, If you think Ford are expensive think what Audi will charge.