Thread: **** Seller protection

Thanks

**** Seller protection

**** customer services are a load of crap.

There is no protection for the seller always the buyer.

I sold a brand new 250 WD 3.5 i took it out of packaging to do a few test to make sure it was okay.

Packaged it up in the antisatic bag and box it up and sent it.

Buyer said it was faulty but no clicking noise as if it was stuck just could not access it.

Just sent me a email say he would send it back the end of this week because he was busy was sold over three weeks ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Not strictly true. As a buyer, I got ripped off by a seller who said return it for a full refund. He then left 3bay - several others subsequently posted negative feedback indicating he had pulled the same con. 3bay refused all the claims as too much time had elapsed - time that had elapsed solely caused by him taking 3 weeks to answer every mail.

I came to the conclusion that if 3bay can't recover the funds from the seller (in my case) then they are not going to be out of pocket by compensating the buyer.

So beware of peeps that use delaying tactics. There are time limits on 3bay claims. After that time if you phone them you will get friendly chat, usually from someone in the USA, but no action.

Read the Resolution Centre rules very carefully as scammers use the small print to their advantage.

You should get paid - the buyer needs to return the item by recorded delivery as proof that he has returned the item to you. Some try returning an empty box by recorded delivery so they have the necessary "proof".

When you get it back, there are diagnostics to run on it that show when it was last written to and read from.

Sending HDDs by mail is always a risk though, even in the original shock absorbing packaging. Some HDDs have a hard parking option as extra protection, which is how they leave the factory.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Detlef For This Useful Post:

echelon (09-11-2015), Satcat (10-11-2015), traveller (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    It's a few years ago now that I sold a STB on there. The buyer said he'd never received it. I'm convinced he did, but they believed him and I lost out. Ever since then anything I send has to be signed for. That also goes for anything I may return.
    I'd never heard about the empty box scam. There are some gits out there.

Thanks
    Just sold my motor on **** and have had no contact from buyer as all,I think there are one bidder who came third in the ******* has two other accounts to bid with ,then what for me to give him second chance offer.
    Is there anyway of proving this or do I have to suck it and see

Thanks
    Send him a invoice see what he does.

Thanks
    Sent him invoice straight after end of sale and since then nothing

Thanks
    To protect themselves from sellers who used to end the auct10n early then sell offline, you now can't see who is bidding - you just get some rubbish like Da***7.

In the early days you could see who was bidding and you could check the bidding on previous items. That would quite often show the same bidder put in earlier bids but never actually posted a winning bid - very suspicious.

Every change 3bay has made is mainly to help them and not the seller or buyer.

Be nice if they paid their taxes too.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,600 Times in 1,242 Posts
    I did have a small worry a month ago. I bid and won a Nighthawk x6 router, I waited and waited and then messaged the seller. He replied a number of days later saying that he was waiting for P A Y pal to clear funds from me so that he could pay for the postage, what a load of Sh**. I did get the router almost a month later. What I think was that he was waiting for it to come from a wholesaler and then post it on to me.

Thanks
    Have you noticed that recently they have started a scheme where the item has to be received by the buyer and have been used or checked that it meets the advertised purpose before PP deduct from your account (they seem to allow about 2 weeks for this).

I don't know when they pass the funds to the seller though.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlef View Post
    Have you noticed that recently they have started a scheme where the item has to be received by the buyer and have been used or checked that it meets the advertised purpose before PP deduct from your account (they seem to allow about 2 weeks for this).

I don't know when they pass the funds to the seller though.
    ive not seen that one , but what they have brought in is and you have to careful with.

if a buyer decides the item is not as described(lots they can get you on that with), and want to return it .

you have to refund the item cost and p+p , plus if you have not put in the listing buyer pays return postage you have to pay them that as well.

so on a cheep item you could be well out of pocket on a return.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rasp View Post
    I sold a brand new 250 WD 3.5 i took it out of packaging to do a few test to make sure it was okay.
    WD drives are crap, as I have several here that were brand new hardly used and now do not work, so I am not surprised the buyer is saying it's faulty.

Thanks
    I have had the drive back and it's faulty will have to try another carrier instead of Hermes.

The drive was okay when i sent it so something must have happened between being picked up and Delivery.

As for hard drives it's a bit of gamble which ever drive you buy
    Last edited by rasp; 16-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.