Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new solo2 user, help please

Thanks

new solo2 user, help please

Hello ,

I've just set my my vu+ on black hole 2.1.7 , installed ts panel, got the Ccam 2.1.4 installed and activated using the blue button . Added the cline on Ccam cfg. But it seems like it's not working . Yes I can see the server name in Ccam info under servers with a red dot ? Don't know what am I missing ? Any help ?

Thanks
    you should be using cccam v2.30 for BH as detailed in the NEWBIES idiots guide stuck to the top of these various vu forums

than add the c line into the cccam.cfg file in var/etc by transferring it to your pc using ftp, editing it in notepad plus and then ftp it back, overwriting the existing file, then rebooting enigma 2 using the menu shutdown/reboot options in the main menu and choosing cccam v2.30 as the emulator by using the blue button and selecting and saving it (left and right arrows and ok)

Thanks
    OK mate thanks . will try this tonight . even tho ive installed the 2.3.0 cccam before i got your response and ive used the blue button to activate the cccam using the arrows left and right then , but what i might doing wrong is editing the CCccam.cfg from the var/etc without sending it to the pc HD then ftp it back...??

thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You don't need to send it to the PC, when editing, just locate it, as you state, in the var folder, etc sub folder, right click and select the View/Edit option, just remember to save, both the notepad + do***ent, and in the FTP options.

Thanks
    still not managing to sort i out even ive installed a fresh copy of bh 2.1.7 any other suggestions please ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Start from the beginning, following the easy set up guides, from Lee, at Goldwafers, but this time do not install any backups, or plugins.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

If you already have a channel list then back this up, using dreamboxedit.
    Download Filezilla, a free FTP program, or use the version in the VU+ Control Centre, you will need your receivers IP Address, which you can find in Menu, Setup, System, Network, Adapater Settings, the username is root and leave the password blank.

This time load CCcam 230 using Filezilla, by dragging it to the tmp folder,then going to your receiver, pressing the Green button, on your remote, followed by the yellow button, and selecting the manually install ipk, or black hole, depending if it's a .tgz, or .ipk, file extension.

Next press the Blue button, followed by the < > arrow buttons, select CCcam 230 and press OK.

Now go back to your PC, connect Filezilla, and navigate to the var folder, etc sub folder and right click on the CCcam.cfg file, which should now be installed, right click, copy and paste, your full line, C: xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx, click file, save, and the save options when exiting Filezilla.
    It should now work.

Thanks
    Thanks Mate. will give it another go tomorrow and how It goes. Your patience is appreciated .

Thanks
    just put straight in to /etc

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dOOds View Post
    just put straight in to /etc
    In Black Hole the CCcam.cfg file is located in the var folder, /etc sub folder.

Thanks
    Followed every single step what Mickha recommended to do. But still didnt sort it out.
    1- Updated my stb with a fresh copy of bh 2.1.7, set the wifi then the tuners .
    2- Download cccam 2.3.0 ipk and did ftp to tmp using Dcc 296
    3- Installed the ipk file manually on the stb all went succesfull
    4- Blue button then left and right selected cccam 2.3.0 and pressed ok , got the message please wait while starting cccam 2.3.0 then went green .
    5- Used dcc to locate the cccam.cfg file in var/etc/etc , edit right mouse button inserted the cline at the end then saved . got the message cccam.cfg will be replaced.
    6- Added catseye Channel list using dreamboxedit all went fine
    7- Restarted the stb and still not working.
    8- viewed again the cccam cfg , var/etc/etc the cline still there.
    9- Checked cccam attribute and it was 755.
    10- Didnt install not a single plugins
    Getting to the point to give up ...the last thing is maybe checking with the Cline seller ?

Any suggestions guys ??????

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    In Black Hole the CCcam.cfg file is located in the var folder, /etc sub folder.
    I always add mine just to the ect folder and works just fine

Thanks
    5- Used dcc to locate the cccam.cfg file in var/etc/etc , edit right mouse button inserted the cline at the end then saved . got the message cccam.cfg will be replaced.

When you say at the end the end of what?? This is where you empty the whole box and place your actual line at the beginning.

Thanks
    no need to empty the whole box, just add it on the first line and press return to drop the existing line 1 down to line 2

or go to the end of the last line and press return and then add the c line

in fact it can go on a line of its own anywhere in that blurb

if the OP is going to delete all the info, then he should make a backup of the cccam.cfg file first by using DCC and transferring to his pc, then delete all the info , paste in the line and save

then go into the menu and choose restart enigma 2 , or do a full reboot instead

the correct method is the following

ftp the file to a backup folder on your pc and dont touch it

ftp it again to a folder called say cccam (or any name you wish) on your pc and use this file

install notepad plus and open this working file from the cccam folder

drop line 1 down one line so its line 2 , line 1 will now be empty

paste the c line into line 1

save as CCcam.cfg

note:- the first 2 C are capital C, then its all lower case after that (from the third c)

once this has been done , ftp back to the var/etc folder

you will be asked if you wish to overwrite the file in there, say yes

then restart enigma 2 or reboot from the main menu, this is an important step

you are using notepad++ and not any other editor to make sure no errors creep in, although using the edit function in DCC or flash fxp may also work , if these methods work for you , fine , use them , if not , follow the ftp and notepad++ instructions

all the above depends on the c line being input correctly and also being a working line, none of the above will work if the line is dead or if typos have occurred

the c line must be on a single line of its own, start from the extreme left hand side and no typos etc

like this example

Code:
    C: satpimps.gotdns.com 12345 pimp1 pimp1password

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You list the file destination as var folder, etc sub folder, yet you state another etc sub folder, which shouldn't exist.
    Seeing as you like to use the Dreambox Control Centre, and tools, I assume you're familiar with the Dreambox receivers, it would be easier, and probably quicker, to use a free FTP program, like FileZilla, instead of the DCC software, and the VU+ Control Centre, but if the DCC works for you then fine.
    I am concerned with your file destination, /var /etc /etc, as it should be just /var /etc, or do you mean you checked in the main etc folder, after editing CCcam.cfg in the /var folder, /etc sub folder?

Thanks
    good point

its the etc sub-folder contained within the main var folder

so var/etc

NOT

var/etc/etc

plus he has mentioned cccam.cfg many times, this could be just his method of typing in lower case

but the actual file name is CCcam.cfg , with capital C twice at the beginning

most of what the OP has done is correct, so its either the wrong file name, or wrong folder , or a typo , or the c line isnt constructed correctly , or the c line is dead , or some or all of those problems

Thanks
    hi few things to clarify

There is no sub folder under etc folder. so it is just var/etc (was just me having blurred eyes after numerous attempts to sort it )

CCcam.cfg ( two capital then lower case ) CCcam.cfg is in var/etc folder

i've never had dreambox but i feel familiar with dcc.

and yes ECHELLON i had a copy of CCcam saved as a backsup before in started fiddling with it

and this is how my cline looks like : C : ssssssssssss.ss-ss.sss 11111 sssss1111-1111 1111111

any s is a letter , any 1 is a a number in my cline if that does make sense ?

thanks

Thanks
    how do you set the mgcam and newcamd on vu + bh ?

thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sala100 View Post
    how do you set the mgcam and newcamd on vu + bh ?

thanks
    You should find the info that you require in the following thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You shouldn't have a space between C and the colon, hopefully that is just a typing mistake. C: not C :
    You could try a test line, which you can get free, for 24 hours, to test if the problem is with your line.

Thanks
    @Sala100

If you're doing what is being suggested without success, it may also well be that your C Line is inactive.
    Perhaps you can check with whoever is offering you the C Line and let him know about your problem.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by satfoot; 25-10-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast