Hi Guys,

Just wanted your opinions on where you see IPTV at the moment, compared with good old Sat TV.

I am moving in a few months time, and it got me thinking...do i take my Sat dish with me, or could \ is there an IPTV service that could rival Sat TV - which has served me so well over all these years.....

I have recently got into KODI (formerly XBMC) on two Amazon fire devices, and a Raspberry PI2 - and I have seen on the surface how good that could be, and its potential. But what i am struggling with, and what appears to be a weakness with IPTV, is the ability to record and timeshift streams \ channels, along with a decent EPG.

Could an IPTV setup seriously ever rival a decent E2 \ Motorised \ CS setup in reality? IPTV certainly does have its benefits over Sat TV such as being able to obtain channels from USA \ AUS etc, which you wouldnt be able to do with a Sat dish (from Europe) - but at the moment, that seems to be the only advantage.

Is there a wonder IPTV set top box, that could do what i want? A bit like a decent E2 STB setup can?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

ManikM