Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IPTV v SAT TV

Thanks
    Totally agree qith the comments being made above.

I've a reasonable a/v setup. I've also got fast broadband so streaming isn't an issue. I can live with watching most things in SD as my Vu+ 720p spits the picture out and I suppose I don't get bad upscaling. Certainly football and rugby is watchable as well as Wheeler Dealers of course. But I did trial Netflix and found that the TV I have got (it's 55") really accentuated the graininess of the blacks even when using HD. And my experience of IPTV streaming is even worse. So at the moment I'm happy with the picture quality of 720p/SD over any streaming source.

I'm also happy with my Plex server setup for streaming bit torrent sourced films. I only download a film if it is over 2GB in size and is 1080p HD and NOT CAM source. Seem to get a great picture quality that way although sound is average (can't be bothered downloading these 30GB Bluie Ray ripped monsters).

Thanks

Iptv

Hi all,
    I can understand people remaining faithful to the sat scene ,especially considering the big investment in hours and time put in for many years.I have motorised set up,set up by me several times in different positions at different addresses,dish changes, motor changes.Also encryption changes involving many cams,cards and programmers .Now to the present wth C/S with its HD limitations and freezing,certainly with servers I have used.
    I have also been using what is now called Kodi for a few years, which has improved in leaps and bounds in recent times Great advances by the devs especially in regard to Android devices have made Kodi ,in my opinion,a very strong contender to come out on top eventually.
    The costs of a set up £35 for a fire TV stick, easy set up for Kodi.There many others available and many tutorials on line.I used some of my Kodi enabled devices in hotels in UK ,l remember watching ashes test this year in Portugal, very portable. Fantastic!.
    My sat setup ;Vu solo SE,1.1 triax,Dark motor ,works well apart from poor C/S.
    My Kodi set up 2x Amazon Fire TV,1x Amazon Fire TV stick, 1 x Raspberry PI 2, all very good.
    Last edited by bladesmantwo; 02-11-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12