Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: latest 6000 model patch update issues ?

V.I.P
    Thanks

latest 6000 model patch update issues ?

I've just bought a hD6000 from the sponsors. I've downloaded a new patch from vasiks called mscam.ssu which seems to be a replacement for iks.

I'm trying to backup my channel data but when I go into menu/software update/sw backup it doesn't give me an option for backing up channel data, just Backup All, Application 1, User database and key Data. Am I looking in the wrong place.

I've applied the patch but then realised I haven't done a factory reset and can't do that without backing up channels. Any help appreciated

Thanks
    user database is the one for backing up a channel list , assuming you installed one or have done a scan

if you have applied the patch , its too late to backup the actual supplied firmware

you should be able to do a factory reset regardless of any backing up (or not backing up)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Echelon

Ok managed to save channels, did factory reset reloaded channels, software version doesn't seem to have changed but maybe that's right?
    Apparently to activate the patch I need to use 11 11 11 11 11 but I can't find where to do this. I've tried entering 1111 in network settings but nothing seems to happen.

Thanks
    I would think its the date that changes, if anything

are you following the tutorial here ?

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...iderbox-6000HD

follow that , but put in the 11 11 11 11 11 etc code you were given, not the old code (thats 5 pairs not 4)

I believe you have a similar thread going on the other forum, the last link there tells you where to put in the code above

if that field isnt there, then maybe you have not patched it, despite you saying you have done so ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes you're right, thought I'd ask them as that's where the patch came from but last reply was a bit brusque.
    I think I've missed something and I'm wondering if I have to open the file in notepad or something and enter the code into it the patch. It says on the download instructions
    by entering the code 11 11 11 11 11 into the MS Cam field in the patch. I'll have a look

Thanks
    I doubt that you have to edit any patch file using an editor

if the box has the new patch installed, it seems there will be an mscam field for you to put the code into, ten 1`s , possibly where the IKS field used to be ?

you are probably one of the first to try this so you cannot expect help from people who have already done it , you are the pathfinder who needs to suss it out and then write up a new tutorial for others to follow

my opinion is that if you patched it successfully the date would have changed and an mscam field would be available for that code

its certainly NOT the same as the old 9000 or the previous 6000 either

but as nobody else has this box yet and we cannot add the patch to our older 6000 boxes, you are expecting help that isnt here yet , like a pioneer striking out into the unknown ( if you buy me a new box I will spend all day working it out and adding a new tutorial for you , as would the other guy , lol )

the fact remains that all of the available info is on that forum, even if its not a full explanation, its all there is

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The patch appeared to install and the receiver rebooted but the date didn't change. If I manage to sort it, I'll post the answer.

Just checked the file but its coded in something that notepad doesn't seem to like. Downloaded notepad ++ hoping there may be auto formatting but no joy so probably barking up the wrong tree.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Still no joy with this, in my menu, I have no "others" where I can enter 1111 for extended menu in network and I can't see anything similar.
    If anybody has managed to figure this out, can you tell me how you did it, can't find anything online either.

Spiderbox 9000 HD 80cm dish Lnbs main 13e primaries 19e & 0.8w also Sky HD
    Thanks
    Reference the 1111 this you do on the remote which then opens the extended menu same as 9000 and I think the old 6000.

This is old guide (To get extended Menu options goto Menu / Others and press 1111 on on your remote, this will open the 3 extra options at the bottom of the list.)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Echelon

I might have figured this out, I think the box is running FTA software, the version is 01.20 dated 15th April 2015. If so, wouldn't I need to upgrade the software first before I could apply the new patch? I don't want to brick the box by putting the wrong software on it but could you let me know what you think?

Thanks
    that was my point about dates, I didnt think you had patched it despite you saying that you used the mscam patch which we are all assuming is a full patch for this new box , you said yourself that nothing had changed after adding the mscam patch

perhaps you have to patch it with the 6000 april 2015 patch first, factory reset it , then try this mscam.ssu patch to activate the mscam, then use 11 etc to activate the mscam login ?

the latest info is on that site where you went for the patch, it tells people to use the old patch if wanting to retain IKS , so maybe its patch and patch again ?

the reason you cannot find info on the net is that this is all brand new and brought about by the latest stock which dont have IKS logins , so the procedures are what you have read, although there isnt an idiots guide as yet

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think you're probably right, do you reckon I should give it a try or can I knacker the box? The other thing is I wan't to keep the iptv which looks excellent, the april 2015 patch will still keep this won't it?

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to make any expensive mistakes.

Thanks
    cant give you the definitive answer you seek as this is all brand new and nobody really knows other than the developers

cant tell you what is in the new patches, other than mscam (obviously)

the info on the other forum says that the box can be patched the old way and all but IKS will work

I doubt they will have removed iptv , they seem to be substituting the newer mscam for the older iks

there are repair files for the 6000 using a null modem cable, so I doubt you will brick the box

I would think that iptv is retained in the patches , as would be r*dtube etc too

Vu+UNO [ViX-3.0-558-Build CCcam MGcamd][with keys][SpiderBox HD & SD]
    Thanks
    I have loaded the mscam patch onto one of my Spiders

I performed a factory Reset before and after applying the Patch all went well

attached some pics

As you can see
    HW v 1.0 & SW v 1.20

Thanks
    so it appears that the mscam patch repatches the section from IKS to MSCAM

in which case it may well be that you patch the 6000 with the old patch first, factory reset it, then apply the mscam upgrade to it and factory reset it again

it also appears that nothing else is affected

thanks go to compass for trying it and posting pics

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the help. Nearly there now but stupidly entered too many 1's into IKS code and don't know how to remove them any ideas? The back key doesn't seem to delete them

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finestrat View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Nearly there now but stupidly entered too many 1's into IKS code and don't know how to remove them any ideas? The back key doesn't seem to delete them
    Surely your referring to mscam & you cannot add too many: 11 11 11 11 11

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well I've ended up using my old IKS code which is valid until November but at least I've now got my channels clearing!! The MsCam option never appeared

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finestrat View Post
    Well I've ended up using my old IKS code which is valid until November but at least I've now got my channels clearing!! The MsCam option never appeared
    You carnt have applied the mscam Patch then, which is available on the other forum

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Compass

I did insert the patch. I saw the "not inserted" option what was I supposed to do there to get to the network screen? I think I just clicked okay and nothing happened. If you can let me know, I'll have another go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast