Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: scrambled service question

Thanks
    Yea they were still freezing even with those readings

File Guy
    Thanks
    Hi
    Ok then we can confirm its very likely a 6000HD software problem. You can now try a new software install or the Recovery tool option which echelon suggested.
    jb

Thanks
    OK, quick update. Did all of echelon's pointers, repair tool, latest patch and latest sly list, all working perfectly. Until about 10 minutes ago when it just stopped completely, however this did coincide with the start of a very heavy rain fall, so I'm guessing that's the reason for that? Anyway, thanks for all your help once again

Thanks
    glad it seems to be sorted out

this stormy weather will cause issues on reception , thats what heavy rain does !

check it when its less stormy and less or no rain , that is the time to test stuff

hopefully you are ok now

Thanks
    Me again, sorry to revive an old boring thread but having problems again. Since the last update the box worked ok for a few days (after shutting down due to the rain) and then the freezing issues etc... started up again.

I did the steps Echelon offered last time a few times (factory reset/load patch/channel list) which sorted it for a while but the issue always returned (freezing on all channels leading to scrambled service and having to change channel to fix it). Then last sunday, trying to watch the football it was at it's worst, freezing once every 10-20 seconds or so, but it was different now, it was going blocky and the picture was slowing down and then it would cut out for a second then came back.

So I had an engineer check the LNB at the dish and he found a missing "BAND" in the signal, so replaced the LNB so I was hoping that would be it fixed. But it's not. Now I'm thinking it's something to do with the internet settings or something.

I have assigned the box a static IP address through my router and also placed it in the DMZ to bypass the firewall to see if it helped but it hasn't.

The only thing that helps for maybe 5-10 minutes is disconnecting the box from the internet and then reconnecting it. But then it goes back to freezing. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any further help would be appreciated, thank you

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Does this problem still affect FTA, Free To Air, channels?
    Can you try your receiver on a different dish/LNB, even a friends Sky dish?
    The Spiderbox is not a very expensive receiver, in fact a lot of the cost involves a "gift", so don't expect the same quality, build, as a more expensive receiver, it could just be over-heating, have you checked the temperature, of the receiver, when the problem occurs?
    You can easily allow more airflow by placing blocks, under each corner, to allow air underneath.

Thanks
    I tried the box on another dish/LNB when the problem first occurred and the quality/signal read outs were the same as on my own. The temperature of the box is barely warm to the touch, top and bottom. Yea, the problem still affects FTA channels also. Could you recommend a better receiver?

File Guy
    Thanks
    Hi
    Not certain if has anyone asked how many channels you have loaded into the 6000HD should be 6000 or less, try one of the new Blackdevil channel lists from the channel list section, worth a try (save your own list first)
    jb

Thanks
    Post #26 by Mickha is a great call. I recent;y installed two spiderboxes for a mate and he called to say that the one used as his main one was slow and picture was laggy. The other one in his bedroom was perfect. When I checked the problem one, it was because he had moved it to a glass fronted cabinet with his other sat receiver and dvd player. The box wasnt overly warm but I swapped them over anyway. I removed the dvd player as it was like having under floor heating on his spiderbox and asked him to keep the glass front slightly ajar. No more problems. And when I moved the problem one upstairs it had cooled down and has worked perfectly since.

Not sure if it helps but a great shout from Mickha in my opinion.

Stumpyj

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbvid View Post
    Hi
    Not certain if has anyone asked how many channels you have loaded into the 6000HD should be 6000 or less, try one of the new Blackdevil channel lists from the channel list section, worth a try (save your own list first)
    jb
    good call

this one here with similar problems was simply too many channels

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tical-channels

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    good call

this one here with similar problems was simply too many channels

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tical-channels
    I'm not sure how many channels, how would I check? I did use the latest sly list from the site, not sure if it was blackdevil though. I'll give that a go, thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpyj View Post
    Post #26 by Mickha is a great call. I recent;y installed two spiderboxes for a mate and he called to say that the one used as his main one was slow and picture was laggy. The other one in his bedroom was perfect. When I checked the problem one, it was because he had moved it to a glass fronted cabinet with his other sat receiver and dvd player. The box wasnt overly warm but I swapped them over anyway. I removed the dvd player as it was like having under floor heating on his spiderbox and asked him to keep the glass front slightly ajar. No more problems. And when I moved the problem one upstairs it had cooled down and has worked perfectly since.

Not sure if it helps but a great shout from Mickha in my opinion.

Stumpyj
    Hi, my spiderbox is sitting on it's own, on top of a wooden cabinet with no other devices around it so airflow shouldn't be a problem, but I will raise it up slightly to see if it helps, thank you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lauramagraham View Post
    I'm not sure how many channels, how would I check? I did use the latest sly list from the site, not sure if it was blackdevil though. I'll give that a go, thanks
    go to ALL SATELLITE in the tv listing and at the top channel (channel one) go UP once and it will take you to the bottom of the full list

write down that channel number (the highest one) , lets us say it was 5700 for example

press the radio button and do the same again , writing down that channel number (the highest one) - lets say it was 412

add them together and you get 6142 , the limit on a spider 6000 is , 6000

if your 2 totals added together is below 6000 then you are under the limit

the point here is you should know how to delete old and dead transponders and channels, BEFORE adding new ones , you cannot keep filling the beer barrel when the beer barrel is full and overflowing , nor complain about the spillage

Thanks
    go to ALL SATELLITE in the tv listing and at the top channel (channel one) go UP once and it will take you to the bottom of the full list

write down that channel number (the highest one) , lets us say it was 5700 for example

press the radio button and do the same again , writing down that channel number (the highest one) - lets say it was 412

add them together and you get 6142 , the limit on a spider 6000 is , 6000

if your 2 totals added together is below 6000 then you are under the limit

the point here is you should know how to delete old and dead transponders and channels, BEFORE adding new ones , you cannot keep filling the beer barrel when the beer barrel is full and overflowing , nor complain about the spillage
    OK, I loaded the latest BlackDevil Astra list and now tv channels come to 843 and when I go to radio it says 0 channels. Does this sound right? I'll let it run for a while and monitor any freezing. Thanks again

Thanks
    ok, with that list is using less than one-sixth of the total available space, therefore it wont be an overloaded channel list issue

see how you get on, especially on FTA channels

yes that sounds ok if its only a 28 east list, clearly it hasnt got RADIO ONE etc in the radio channels, so is a tv list only

ps:- it will be an astra 2 list, not an astra list

astra is 19e , astra 2 is 28.2e

Thanks
    ok, with that list is using less than one-sixth of the total available space, therefore it wont be an overloaded channel list issue

see how you get on, especially on FTA channels

yes that sounds ok if its only a 28 east list, clearly it hasnt got RADIO ONE etc in the radio channels, so is a tv list only

ps:- it will be an astra 2 list, not an astra list

astra is 19e , astra 2 is 28.2e
    Hi, apologies, astra 2 is what I meant. Still having the freezing issue, just getting worse and more frequent now. Especially on a paid channel Di$ney Junior, freezing is still present but less frequent on fta channels, have tried BBC and ITV.

Thanks
    Hi, apologies, astra 2 is what I meant. Still having the freezing issue, just getting worse and more frequent now. Especially on a paid channel Di$ney Junior, freezing is still present but less frequent on fta channels, have tried BBC and ITV.
    I think your problem are the $ channels ?
    Menu-OSD style-Instant Delay Level = OFF --> Turn it to +2 if you use IKS patch, +1 if you use MsCam patch
    Now,while you are watching channel, press yellow button
    Last edited by blackdevil; 04-09-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
    I think your problem are the $ channels ?
    Menu-OSD style-Instant Delay Level = OFF --> Turn it to +2 if you use IKS patch, +1 if you use MsCam patch
    Now,while you are watching channel, press yellow button
    Thanks blackdevil, the only OSD i see in the menu is OSD style, is this this same thing? In the OSD style menu there is an Instant Delay Level which is set at 2. Is this what you were talking about?

Thanks
    Thanks blackdevil, the only OSD i see in the menu is OSD style, is this this same thing? In the OSD style menu there is an Instant Delay Level which is set at 2. Is this what you were talking about?
    Yes.
    Now while you are watching a $ channel ,press yellow button in remote.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
    Yes.
    Now while you are watching a $ channel ,press yellow button in remote.
    OK, I did that, screen went black for a second or two then came back on. Worked great for about 30 minutes and has just now started to freeze again on Di$ney Junior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast