Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scrambled service question

Thanks

scrambled service question

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I just had a general question. I've had 3 different subscriptions and all of them have had similar problems. All channels work okay, but all channels, free and otherwise freeze intermittently and then show "scrambled service" and I have to change channel to get it back. Does this seem like a problem with my box, my sub or my router? Box is connected to an 80/20 fibre connection via Ethernet Cable. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Box? Legitimate sub? More info?

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dOOds View Post
    Box? Legitimate sub? More info?

Regards
    Yes there are several spiderbox models, and various subs available, so more info is definitely required before anyone can give an answer to this query.

Thanks
    my apologies, spiderbox hd6000. Not so sure how to answer the sub question, it's a 12 month subscription bought from ****, CCCAm format. Three available sats according to the sat scan on the box. Hotbird is one, not sure of others. Patches are up to date, no channel lists in use, don't use IPTV. Broadband doesn't drop out on other devices in the home. What other info can I offer?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can you please confirm that FTA, Free to Air, channels are also freezing, as they have nothing to do with any subscription so must be down to hardware, receiver, dish, LNB, or cabling.

Thanks
    yes, free to air channels also freeze, BbC UtV etc all freeze also

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Check your signal quality readings, if they're fine, with no fluctuations, then try re-loading the patch, along with a new channel list, and see if that solves the problem.
    Also check if your receiver is over-heating.
    You might have to try the Spiderbox 6000HD recovery tool, if nothing else works.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sounds to me like - your dish might need checking/lnb/cables etc - as it sounds like you're loosing your signal sometimes.

Thanks
    try the box on a known to be working sly dish feed, even if its at a friends house or relatives house, on bbc1 , bbc 2 , itv1 and c4 , including both SD and HD channels

if it still fails, there is a problem with the box

if its ok, there is a problem with the dish or lnb , or cables , or some or all of those items

forget about scrambled stuff until you fix the FTA stuff ( plus we dont allow server discussions on here )

Thanks
    Sorry about the server stuff, on the checking the box on a known to be working connection, I have a tv in the kitchen which runs from a sky box in my house using the same connection from the same dish as the spiderbox and it works fine.

Thanks
    what works fine ?

the slybox or the spiderbox ?

to clarify

I want you to connect the spiderbox to a coaxial feed from a dish and lnb that does not have the same fault, even if its at another location

if the spiderbox works ok on this new coaxial sat cable feed , then the box isnt faulty and the cable or lnb is suspect back on the original feed

so if the spiderbox works ok somewhere else, then its the coax cable or f connectors or water damage or the lnb at fault, not the spiderbox

Thanks
    Sorry, the slybox connection in my kitchen works fine, and it is on the same dish and lnb as the spiderbox on which i am having problems.

Thanks
    so , disconnect the slybox and connect the spiderbox in its place, then test the FTA channels for problems

ideally, take it to a relative or neighbours and try the spiderbox on FTA channels on their sly feed too

what you are trying to do is decide if its the box, or the coax feed from the dish , or the lnb that is causing your problems

so if it fails on your slybox feed, and fails at somebody elses house, then the box is at fault

I dont think I can make it any clearer as to what you need to try in order to narrow down where the fault lies

plus you still have not told us the signal and quality readings on the bbc and itv channels either

do this on the faulty feed

then on the slybox feed

then on the feed in somebody elses house

also check the system tools on the slybox and check and write down the signal and quality levels shown onscreen

compare them all

after 2 weeks we are no further forward because you have not done any basic checks, despite the advice given so far

Thanks
    Apologies for the delay as I was away I'll do all of the above and check back. thank you for all your help so far

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Silly question, but have you tried the usual suspects: re-boot box and reboot router?
    Tim.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Silly question, but have you tried the usual suspects: re-boot box and reboot router?
    Tim.
    Yea, tried that with no luck unfortunately

Thanks
    Ok so, after doing what Echelon said, these are the results. I tried itv, bbc 1, ch4 and ch5 on my spiderbox feed, my slybox feed and my dad's slybox feed. firstly i'll list the results on my spiderbox feed, ITV, S: 77 Q: 72. BBC, S: 78 Q: 71. CH4, S:77 Q:74. CH5 S: 77 Q:77
    Then on my working sly feed; ITV, S: 78 Q:73. BBC, S: 78 Q:72. CH4, S: 77, Q:75. CH5, S:77, Q: 78
    Then on my Dad's working sly feed; ITV, S: 75 Q: 73. BBC, S: 76, Q: 75. CH4, S:74 Q: 75. CH5, S: 77, Q: 78

Don't know if I'm missing something but there are no numerical values showing on the actual sly box for signal and quality, but both bars were at the top.

As a comparison I've added the signal and quality reading from a "paid" channel used mostly in my house, which is Di$ney Junior and the readings from it were S: 77 and Q: 66

File Guy
    Thanks
    Hi
    There is nothing wrong with any of those feed strengths so I would be looking into re-installing the latest 6000hd firmware using the correct procedure, then loading a newly released channel list or doing a fresh scan yourself on 28e.
    Just to recheck, I assume those channels are still freezing on the Spiderbox feed with those signal strengths?
    jb
    Last edited by jbvid; 11-08-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks
    now that is what I call an excellent fault report , all bases covered and its obviously the box with the trouble because the signal strengths are good on all those feeds and the 2 slyboxes are also ok on them too

therefore, try the repair tool on the spiderbox using a proper pc and a null modem cable (no usb adapters), then the april 01 2015 patch from usb stick, with factory resets before and after each installation

then the new channel list or a rescan of 28e , then check fta channels again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    now that is what I call an excellent fault report , all bases covered and its obviously the box with the trouble because the signal strengths are good on all those feeds and the 2 slyboxes are also ok on them too

therefore, try the repair tool on the spiderbox using a proper pc and a null modem cable (no usb adapters), then the april 01 2015 patch from usb stick, with factory resets before and after each installation

then the new channel list or a rescan of 28e , then check fta channels again
    Ok thanks again I'll get on that tonight when the tv's free and get back on here if there's still issues
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast