Thread: Common interface issue.

Thanks

Common interface issue.

Just bought a solo 2 to replace a dead duo. Always used black hole images so loaded that up and set the box up and inserted my cam. All worked fine until it came to rebooting the machine. It was stuck in a rebooting loop and green screen crash. So I removed my cam and it rebooted fine and all working. Soon as I re-inserted the cam it would crash the box and go through rebooting crash loop again. I then stumbled upon a strange fix. I rebooted the solo without cam and as usual working OK. I then loaded xbmc up, re-inserted the cam, quit xbmc and hey presto the cam working fine again. So if I have to reboot the box for whatever, I have to remove the cam and run xbmc before reinserting the cam. I never had any issues with this same cam on the old duo. Wondering if anyone has had issues with cams and the solo 2 before?

Also does icefilms work on the solo2? I installed it on xbmc but when trying to run the movie links it goes to the media player but stops playing. Do I need any specific settings to get it working?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    I think you ice film issue may be due to your isp

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

echelon (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    within the last few months many hosting websites were put on a "blocked" list by the courts, so the isp,s implemented those blocks and icefilms was one of them

so try it on a pc or laptop or android, if it fails , its likely to be an isp block , in fact, always assume it is an isp block unless proved differently , because they dont want you watching those files without subbing to an official streaming system (like netflix etc)

anyone who has been in our hobby this long would know this is the "war" that goes on as far as watching scrambled channels, icefilms , sockshare , putlocker etc , it all started with pirate bay and newzbin, then mushroomed

I havent used a cam for many, many years (not since the dragon cam many moons ago) so cannot reply on them as far as the vu is concerned, as mine have never "seen" a cam

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

bonovox (17-07-2015), seagate1 (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    I have an android box with xbmc on there and I'll give that a try see if its ISP blocked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bonovox For This Useful Post:

echelon (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Yep doesn't play on Android box either. I suppose a vpn is the only way around it now.