Thread: 2 Questions

Thanks

2 Questions

1) I'm running BH2.1.6.1 and have my solo 2 Tuner A hooked to my motorised dish and Tuner B to my Freesat dish and both Tuners are configured accordingly. I managed to store 28E channels from Tuner B but I would also like to store 28E channels from Tuner A to give me more viewing/recording flexibility. Is this possible?

2) I'm using CCcam 2.3 and my peer provided me with a CCcam.prio (priority) file. I put this file in var/etc - is this correct?

Thanks in anticipation.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You should be able to, but you could also add 2 Diseqc switches and add both dishes, to both tuners, providing you have the LNB outputs, providing a lot more options.
    You can also select which tuner you want to take priority, when selecting a channel, by going into the settings menu, changing it to expert and changing tuner preference from auto to tuner A, or tuner B.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    First of all, I personally would use Tuner A for freesat as it is a fixed dish, that way it will default to that tuner for any freesat channel and saves you needing to change any settings when you update you image in future.

Now as for your question, you don't use a channel list per tuner, you have 1 channel list and the box will open the channels from whichever tuner is able to see those channels.

So assuming you have swapped the cables over and setup the tuners again, if you are watching say BBC 1 on tuner A, and you want to record ITV, tuner B will then move your dish to 28.2e and record itv.

Yes your cccam.prio file is in the correct place.

Thanks
    Thank you Mikha/CokeAddict - much appreciated. I suspected that was the case regarding tuner channel list. Swapping LNB cables and/or setting Tuner priority may help but I'm using USALS and so dish movement is generated by me selecting a channel from Astra 28E. I just thought may be it is worth trying to create a fictitious satellite at 28E and give it another name. I will report back if I am successful.