Thread: problem with channels

Thanks

problem with channels

Impretty much a new user , but having issues with my spiderbox 6000hd , have it about years and pay my yearly membership for CCCam service .Im using a fixed dish and pretty decent broadband.

My issue is

When i'm on the movie channels its saying scrambled service, but i have sound for the selected channel, this is the same for all s (k) y movies , sports , etc

any help would b much appreciated .

Im pretty sure i have the most up to date firmware and a decent channel list

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    There has been numerous posts ref the same topic, and it would appear that you do not read the forum very often, please read this thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...25-Lost-movies

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    try an up to date channel list due to the many recent changes

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea..._-Channel_List

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    There has been numerous posts ref the same topic, and it would appear that you do not read the forum very often, please read this thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...25-Lost-movies
    I have read many threads , but if your not experienced then its not to easy , but thanks for the help

Thanks
    Thanks , i thought it might be that my channel list was old,, im guess a channel list is attached to a graphical location also ? I'm based in london/es*** so could these channel list be built to suit the location whoever is building them ?

Thanks
    yes, but that would be a lot of work so the trick is to use one with all the channels in it and then regionalise it yourself

you will tend to find that any channel lists are set to the region that the uploader resides in

so the compass ones tend to be north east uk

you can use the remote control to move channels around, or the editor (I tend to use the remote control myself, always have done)

or , you can blank the box and start from scratch like the user manual expects you to

the choice is yours , but dont expect it to all be done for you

sometimes you get lucky when another uploader has done the work for your region, but that is rare

Thanks
    Thanks , i can sort the channels out by myself , IKS has expired , how do i get this back, is it a membership i get for a year once i purchase a box ? im aware this offers more channels, much appreciated

Thanks
    no new boxes available now, not for several months

I suppose you can try v a s i k s for a "sub"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    no new boxes available now, not for several months

I suppose you can try v a s i k s for a "sub"
    That is correct, however with the OP having a fixed dish, he would be limited to what is currently available on 28 east, and there is no guarantee how long they will be available, and the £50 subscription from v a s i k s, for one Sat would seem like a steep price to pay, when the new receiver could be available in the not to distant future.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That is correct, however with the OP having a fixed dish, he would be limited to what is currently available on 28 east, and there is no guarantee how long they will be available, and the £50 subscription from v a s i k s, for one Sat would seem like a steep price to pay, when the new receiver could be available in the not to distant future.
    Thanks for the info , spiderbox seems to be more trouble than its worth , what other box would you recommend ? my only issue is the location of my dish , i cant fit a motorized dish in the location , due to poor restrictions , so with a fixed dish , any recommendations ?

Thanks
    your spiderbox is perfectly ok for the job it can do, any other box like a twin tuner vu solo2 with internal hdd will give you more features, better epg (a 7 day epg) , recording and playback, rewind tv , xbmc etc, but as far as basic channel reception is concerned there is nothing wrong with a spiderbox and another box wont give you anything extra

the spiderbox is actually one of the easiest boxes to work with too , others tend to be more complicated and not for beginners or people with minimal technical ability

but to answer the question, for single tuner the vu zero is a "better" box, for twin tuner the vu solo 2 or vu duo 2 are better boxes, but these are for more experienced people, ones who have mastered a spiderbox and wish for more features, plus if they have 2 feeds from a sly dish (like the sly plus HD boxes have)

thay all do the basics the same way , with little difference between them

Thanks
    Thanks , i have the technical ability just haven't had the time to learn , once i move and have the space for a motorized dish i shall invest in the vu box

much appreciated

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tel9 For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    as for your spider6000 , as long as the latest firmware is on it (dated 01 april 2015) and the latest compass list (modified by yourself to give your own regional channels on 28e) then its "good to go"

all easily done from a usb stick , following the instructions and tutorials on here

Thanks
    Hi tel9 reference your post 10# ' any recommendations ' because you are unable to fit a motorised dish you could try my set up which gives me 0.8w, 13e, 19e and 28e on my fixed dish plus my Sky mini dish.

I have a 80 cm dish with 3 LNB'S fitted to an LNB bracket. I set up on 13e as my primary to align the dish, then i fitted my secondaries 19e and Thor 0.8w all connected to 4 to 1 down switch fitted to the frame of my dish. I scanned each satelite on to my receiver first starting in with position 1 Hotbird 13e, position 2 Astra 19e, position 3 Thor 0.8w, As for my Astra 28e i ran this from my sky mini dish (Sky LNB with 4 connections 2 of which went to HD Skybox for Sky+ the third connection on the Sky LNB is a spare) the 4th Sky LNB connection is then connected to the 4 position on the down switch and scanned to position 4 on the receiver. By using the Sky dish for 28e this gives room on the 80cm dish to easily fit the 3 LNB'S for 13e, 19e AND 0.8w.

Do hope this all make sense.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-06-2015), tel9 (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    Hi tel9 reference your post 10# ' any recommendations ' because you are unable to fit a motorised dish you could try my set up which gives me 0.8w, 13e, 19e and 28e on my fixed dish plus my Sky mini dish.

I have a 80 cm dish with 3 LNB'S fitted to an LNB bracket. I set up on 13e as my primary to align the dish, then i fitted my secondaries 19e and Thor 0.8w all connected to 4 to 1 down switch fitted to the frame of my dish. I scanned each satelite on to my receiver first starting in with position 1 Hotbird 13e, position 2 Astra 19e, position 3 Thor 0.8w, As for my Astra 28e i ran this from my sky mini dish (Sky LNB with 4 connections 2 of which went to HD Skybox for Sky+ the third connection on the Sky LNB is a spare) the 4th Sky LNB connection is then connected to the 4 position on the down switch and scanned to position 4 on the receiver. By using the Sky dish for 28e this gives room on the 80cm dish to easily fit the 3 LNB'S for 13e, 19e AND 0.8w.

Do hope this all make sense.
    cheers mate , this has saved me a few more questions , much appreciated