Thread: 6000 problem

Thanks

6000 problem

Hi all, my 6000 has stopped working, all F T A channels are working, I add lines in but they do not work, Network settings show Wireless/wired working but their is no U tube ect nor Iptv,I have tried patching and factory reset but no joy, would a fix with HyperTerminal sort it, I would be glad of help or suggestion, thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    check it has a valid ip address from your router

check the router admin panel to ensure its a connected device on its dedicated ip address

try fixing the ip address manually and dont rely on dhcp for its ip address

add the google public dns server too ( 008.008.008.008 or 008.008.004.004)

try pinging the spiderbox ip address from your pc in a dos box (command prompt)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Knacker (30-05-2015), Roadrunner (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Have you tried Menu -> Others -> Network -> Press OK -> Enter Password -> should be 0000 -> Press IKS -> and see what you have, it should have :

Type - On
    Key - 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
    Connection Status - Connected
    Expiry Date - what ever your is
    Register - OK

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-05-2015), Knacker (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    I can't explain why but every so often I have to completely power off the router despite everything showing as working!! It's not a specific 6000 issue for me as I have 2 internet radio boxes that show full wifi signal but will not actually connect. (Meantime a couple of open boxes do not suffer!). All very bizarre / illogical but that works for me when I get your 6000 symptoms in my Spider.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to captainglassback For This Useful Post:

Knacker (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Many thanks for the reply's, I changed the modem (got a new one from Eircom my provider) I can say the Wifi is working in the house as I have other devices that work when I use them,all seems to be as per Aldo's description with the icks (as I am in the process of repairing my Motor I cannot verify that it is working).the 6000 is showing that the Wifi/wired is on but the Nline,Utube or IPTV suggest it's not on,I have taken it to my Brothers house and connected to his Wifi and wired still no joy.

Thanks
    Sorry I should have said I have the motor on the bench but I have the Dish in a good position on 28.2 getting excellent reception.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knacker For This Useful Post:

hianta (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    You could try loading the latest firmware, and following all of the instructions included with the file, which is here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tch-01-04-2015

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

hianta (30-05-2015), Knacker (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    @knacker can you not connect it wired to see if it works , posts say wired/wifi , but not how you are connecting it is it only wifi.

if only trying via wifi and you took it to youre brothers and connected via wifi and it didnt work , will help narrow down the fault to a wifi connection.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Knacker (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks cosworth,I have tried Aldo's suggestion of latest firmware also wireless and wired,I have my set up on 28.2 with as near a perfect as I can get it,I have changed my Modem for a new one from my provider(eircim) the Stb shows connected with network settings but neither tube nor IPTV or Nline will work, I tried another line but I put the line say on no.one after okay to finish and exiting nothing works except F T A channels when I check line it will at times have moved to another line (2) or (3),I keep thinking that maybe a fix with HyperTerminal help or would it make things difficult and as you know it's a great little Stb and I don't want to kill it off,I hope this explains some of the problem
    Last edited by Knacker; 31-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks
    have you tried any of the stuff I asked you to try, networking stuff ?

when you say MODEM I assume you mean ROUTER, as a modem wont get this job done at all

if you had just a MODEM you would also require a ROUTER as well , the modem is the data transfer medium to the ISP, the router provides a firewall and distributes i p addresses etc, these can be 2 separate devices, or one combined device (like mine is)

let us assume you mean a router and not a modem

check the mac code on the spiderbox matches the one it came with on the cardboard box (or any labels)

in the past there have been instances of the boxes losing the mac code or other issues with the mac code

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-with-new-6000

-------------------------------------------------------------------

login to the router admin panel and check the spiderbox is on the LAN and check its I P address and its mac code are logged in

now open a command prompt (dos box) and ping the spiderbox i p address and check it "answers back"

I told you nearly all this in post #2 , not once have you replied with the results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

until you have basic internet connection established, like you tube or iptv etc, then the n line and iks issues would be a pointless excercise. use the inbuilt facilities of the box to establish internet capability, like the iptv and you tube (some boxes have a weather app or traffic app that can check for internet connectivity)

the box does not even need a satellite dish connection for checking internet and LAN facilities

Thanks
    Hi echelon,sorry for acknowledging your previous post I'm afraid my technical speak leaves a lot to be desired, the only thing I can say for sure is the Stb was working last week and for some unknown reason it is not working now, I have several other devices, and Stb's an Amiko combo and a Technomate and they all work,that is the only way I can test devices,it may very well not be the way to check if something similar is working but it's the way I am able to do it

Thanks
    that is why I needed to know the basics and what you were capable of , especially as you mentioned a modem, but a modem cannot do this trick, it has to be a router , so I suspect Eircom provided you with a combined modem and router, all in one device, which would be typical in this modern age ( but not 10 years ago)

lets start with the basics, to test a spiderbox 6000 the easiest way is to check the RSS feeds work, like bbc or cnn etc

if they populate and you can see the articles and read them then the internet works

let us assume you are wired and have an ethernet LAN connection for now

go to the network and press ok on where it says wired AUTO, a blue box comes up with the login details

something like the following will appear (but not the same as your router is different)

ip address 192.168.000.006
    netmask 255.255.255.000
    Gateway 192.168.000.001
    DNS 192.168.000.001

mac 00:23:AD:87:FA:CB

I could do with you checking this and reporting back with what you see, but do not type the mac code in here as its a secret and unique code, just check it is something like the above (which I made up just to show you the details)

please copy and paste the other info above from ip address to DNS (in blue) , but then amend it to what you actually see on screen , this information is common so you are giving nothing away

I could also do with you having the technomate or amiko connected too (as well as the spiderbox), and then put the same details (in blue above) into your reply, as well for comparison, seeing as they work (but do not type the mac code on this forum, just check all the mac codes are different)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Knacker (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    I can't explain why but every so often I have to completely power off the router despite everything showing as working!! It's not a specific 6000 issue for me as I have 2 internet radio boxes that show full wifi signal but will not actually connect. (Meantime a couple of open boxes do not suffer!). All very bizarre / illogical but that works for me when I get your 6000 symptoms in my Spider.
    Could easily be mains spikes, had one the other day that turned my tv off and started an alarm along the road. These spikes are of very short duration and can do considerable damage. Always use spike (surge) protected sockets.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimihendrix For This Useful Post:

Aldo (31-05-2015), echelon (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Hi echelon,I am going to my brothers tomorrow to fetch the Stb 6000,I will set it up beside my Amiko and will follow all suggestions on your last post,I thank you and our friends for taking the time to help

Thanks
    I am not to sure it is mains spikes as when I set his up I put surge plugs on it,long time no hear,I was in your part of the world (Bridlington) a couple of weeks ago at a sisters funeral anyway be lucky.

Thanks
    Hi echelon got my brothers Stb and went thru all procedure that you suggested, I did have to change his router, I D and Password and it worked, I took it back to his house and set it up for him on putting his router I D and Password, I did notice his Password was different from that which was on rear of router I told him this was wrong and he would have to get the provider to sort this out, on returning home he phoned after a short while saying Eircom had sorted the Password and username and he was seeing his Stb again,I thank you and the other members for all the help in sorting this problem,and my brother sends his regards thank you.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Knacker For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    No problem

so I assume this spiderbox is working ok and from the above was never faulty

all down to router issues, so well done, hope you all learned from this too (we live and learn every day)

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (01-06-2015), Knacker (01-06-2015), maurice (01-06-2015)