Thread: OpenVix Hades ?

Banned
    Thanks

OpenVix Hades ?

Anyone tried It and why is the core better?

Just noticed, It's around 6 or 7 Mb bigger than the Apollo ?
    Last edited by hianta; 06-05-2015 at 11:07 PM. Reason: just noticed

Thanks
    My honest opinion is that there does not appear to be any difference between Apollo & Hades apart the bootlogo from a functionality perspective but on the more negative side YoutubeTV (part of HbbTV) no longer plays videos.

ViX did announce at the unveiling that there is a incompatibility with Opera in this release but Opera actually works fine. At least it did for me when I created my latest backup masterpiece.

One thing I will say in Hades favour is that the HD skin actually works well with every plugin I threw at it which is more than I could say for BH215. What I mean by this is that instead of being small boxes corners they actullay displayed as one is used to seeing them on a standard skin. Hope this can be addressed in the next BH release coz that was the absolute only reason I did not adopt 215 as be new image of choice.
    Last edited by Nikkas; 07-05-2015 at 09:58 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

hianta (07-05-2015)

Banned
    Thanks
    I downloaded it last night on the PC and as I was pondering should I do another start from scratch, I seen It was in the image backups for download on the box.
    Ok ? Could not resist and downloaded and installed. (I'm toooo weak, I had to?)
    Still got a lot to do but noticed that I did not have to adjust user interface positions (fitted the screen this time) and down to 32M free flash.

Need to get started on my channel list again , tonight, but would you know of a good pc channel editor for the box? (must be more than dreambox ch edit?)

found out I was using old version of the editor downloaded from another site and on my return? powercisco had posted a new version up for us . Thanks powercisco.
    Last edited by hianta; 07-05-2015 at 11:15 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hianta View Post
    I'm toooo weak, I had to?
    Me too. You are not alone. I think this facet is what makes out little hobby so darned addictive.

Yes, the one Powercisco posted is the one I use also. Don't know of any other that comes close for functionality & ease of use. There is also a plugin for Web i/f but TBH never used it myself so can't comment.

Apart from the alledged HbbTV incompatibility (YouTube TV not Opera), which I am sure is not exclusive to ViX & I know will be fixed in no time, I think Hades is a winner.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

hianta (07-05-2015)

Banned
    Thanks
    must admit first impressions are great! seem's to be faster in some ways to the Apollo and tried the new dreambox editor and up and running in under 10 mins . so all back to normal , so far?
    Never noticed so many plugins before so dont know if that was just me or they added to the list's .
    ( old editor I was using was about ver 3.0 something ? so way behind the times? lol)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    You've inspired me. LOL

I'll be bunging it back on over the weekend to try and get YT TV working. Then it'll be almost perrrrrrfect.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

hianta (07-05-2015)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkas View Post
    I'll be bunging it back on over the weekend
    What a dare devil you are ? Please post back with your results ...
    Bit pead off now, don't get me wrong I still think it's an improvement ..BUT?
    got the user interface spot on with no adjustment and all looked good?
    After a time it gets too big for screen again and had to adjust the positions.- So still the same!
    EPG does not seem to save or load from location - so if you do re start you need to download the EPG again??
    Maybe It is time to see What Image they are trying to keep up with?
    Maybe digi box free view

edit-- Think its about tome the programmers got off their ass and put an inboard editor on theses images?
    If you deal with a lot of sat's you will look through and try to save the channels ,but? in vix you got one save then back to the start!? Dreambox is a first class editor but why, why is a sat receiver (sold as) STILL without a good and reliable means to find store and edit ? SLY has a lot to answer for!
    Last edited by hianta; 07-05-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    well, I've decided to keep running Vix Apollo 166 with BlueHD skin for as long as I can.
    It just works. Picture on my Samsung 8000, even in SD, is great.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

hianta (07-05-2015), Nikkas (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
    well, I've decided to keep running Vix Apollo 166 with BlueHD skin for as long as I can.
    It just works. Picture on my Samsung 8000, even in SD, is great.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it.
    Same here, staying on apollo 166. There is bound to be bugs in early editions of a new image, so I'll wait a while yet before upgrading.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (08-05-2015), hianta (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    I had a play with migrating from Apollo 166 to Hades (think it was about 2 or 3) a while ago but because of issues with my channel settings I reverted back to Apollo 166. During that install I remember that it went through a clean reinstall (screen res, network settings etc) after it rebooted.

Last night I had another go and installed Hades 11. Went through the same procedure i.e USB install but this time when it rebooted, apart from changing the boot logo, it went straight into the o/s and had restored all my setting without me getting the option to restore. Not complaining like because it works fine (and reports Hades 11) but it does leave a little nagging doubt in the back of my mind that it has worked ok. I would have preferred it if I had been prompted to reset video, network etc and then restore my setting, plugins etc

Thanks
    Last week I decided to give Hades a try. I did a USB install (Hades10), but first I removed the USB stick from the back. That is where I have my backup settings stored.
    So I did a clean install of my setting/plugins etc, and everything seems to be running fine.

Thanks
    me too, took the plunge, everything working great and oscam too.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I had nothing but trouble with hades 10 , especially with divx playback and various green screen GSOD`s as well as WEBIF failures after I moved the Extensions folder to my usb stick

am on BH 215 now after having problems with BH 2161 , BH215 seems to be working fine for me

Thanks
    I've just gone to Hades 12 and it is working fine. Can't say I do a lot with the stock image apart from add a cam plugin and meny system.

But...

for some reason when I installed Hades 12 my box some of the channels reverted to teletext and that assisted hearing narrative thingy. These channels never did that before. It's easy to rectify but is an annoyance

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    that always happens until you set up the audio section in the menu
    I have a crib sheet with the settings all wrote down for various aspects so when I install a new image I can check my crib sheet and set up the settings like audio , mount hdd and usb , set the epg location , choose the epg download etc

23. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

heyho (19-06-2015)

Verified Registered User bellejt's Avatar
    Thanks
    I am on Hades 12 and working fine.Hbbtv is working also.If you want more info go in to there f*rum (W*rld *f s*tellite).There were problems with version 10 and 11.Update from earlier versions is NOT possible.It needs a full fresh flash .For settingslist I always use DBE and also do a backup on my PC (with DCC) from timers and picons and LCD4 config.

Thanks
    Thanks for detailed observations. I am on hades 0.16, confirm that the image has to be reduced in size by at least 4mm n my LG 32. How you adjusted same? To add 3 live iptv m3u8 channels, can I use the usual DCCE2 v 2.95 ,and where it should go in the directory ?

I have started to use LX3 since march 2015, needs a lot of time to get an all round experience.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by hianta View Post
    What a dare devil you are ? Please post back with your results ...
    Bit pead off now, don't get me wrong I still think it's an improvement ..BUT?
    got the user interface spot on with no adjustment and all looked good?
    After a time it gets too big for screen again and had to adjust the positions.- So still the same!
    EPG does not seem to save or load from location - so if you do re start you need to download the EPG again??
    Maybe It is time to see What Image they are trying to keep up with?
    Maybe digi box free view

edit-- Think its about tome the programmers got off their ass and put an inboard editor on theses images?
    If you deal with a lot of sat's you will look through and try to save the channels ,but? in vix you got one save then back to the start!? Dreambox is a first class editor but why, why is a sat receiver (sold as) STILL without a good and reliable means to find store and edit ? SLY has a lot to answer for!