Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letter sent to TV Licensing bosses:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Yes geoffh, I agree with that too - the beeb DO have social responsibilities as a part of their Charter, but I also believe as I posted earlier that I still by far prefer the beeb's programming etc to, say, Sky's, as there is far less American content - THAT being my main 'gripe' with modern TV companies! lol!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

geoffh (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    . . . . . . .
    I have no doubt that I'm in a minority, on this subject, but that could be more down to ignorance, than actual reality.

if, given the choice, I would not pay a penny, towards the BBC, or any British television, and I haven't viewed any British television, in over 10 years, and never will again.
    It is difficult to take someone seriously who, by their own admission, hasn't watched the content he is criticising for over 10 years.

I'm beginning to suspect that there must be a second BBC that I haven't heard about that shows all this nudity, and s*xual content that has been mentioned.

I tend to watch news from many sources (BBC, ITV, Euronews, Das Erste, France 24, Fox, etc) and I haven't seen any blatant bias by the BBC. The European news channels are far less squeamish and often show some of the more gory events unedited than the UK channels do but that isn't bias but is down to OfCOM, government guidelines and, on some occasions, D notices.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    " if, given the choice, I would not pay a penny, towards the BBC, or any British television, and I haven't viewed any British television, in over 10 years, and never will again. "

A strange statement to make by someone who has never watched any British Television for over 10 years, why then have you not removed your TV Aerial and refused to pay for a TV License just like the lady in the opening post of this thread, unless of course there are other members of your household who do not share your opinion and Do Watch British Television Channels and therefore you are obligated to pay for their license. ???

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlef View Post
    It is difficult to take someone seriously who, by their own admission, hasn't watched the content he is criticising for over 10 years.

I'm beginning to suspect that there must be a second BBC that I haven't heard about that shows all this nudity, and s*xual content that has been mentioned.

I tend to watch news from many sources (BBC, ITV, Euronews, Das Erste, France 24, Fox, etc) and I haven't seen any blatant bias by the BBC. The European news channels are far less squeamish and often show some of the more gory events unedited than the UK channels do but that isn't bias but is down to OfCOM, government guidelines and, on some occasions, D notices.
    As stated, and somehow you seem to have missed, although I haven't viewed any British television, for at least 10 years, I did listen to Radio 1Xtra, and Newsbeat, which had a very clear feminist BIAS, as did BBC programming, before I stopped viewing.
    I can't go into full details, as it would take up 100's of posts, if not 1,000's, and compromise some of my sources.

On BBC television, if you can remember back to when Comic Relief began, and the infamous Fully ***** Men, all doing a David Bellamy sketch, did you ever wonder why there was no similar Female nudity? Well if you'd contacted Comic Relief, and some of their executives, you might have been told the truth. Originally the sketh included fully ***** men, and women, doing the sketch, a BBC producer saw this and refused to let it air, unless it only had ***** men, in the sketch, even one of the Female Comic Relief executives was shocked, by this policy, and thought it to be ***ist.

Have you ever wondered why so many BBC comedies include scenes featuring ***** men, and the male bottom, perhaps if you had contacted some of the writers, and BBC staff, you would have discovered that the BBC Comedy department were running a male only nudity, degradation, and humiliation policy, for many years, which included numerous scenes shot in male toilets, changing rooms, and showers, but none of these scenes were deemed acceptable, if the roles were reversed.

On Newsbeat, the BBC radio news program, there are numerous exampless, of BBC, feminist, BIAS, but here are two, main stories, that I can still remember.

1. A report on how the suicide rate had risen, in the UK. This story was run from a female perspective, using interviews, from family, and friends, of how they feel, following the suicide of a young woman, with no mention of any facts, or figures, in the news bulletin, which I found curious, and no mention of male suicides.
    When I checked, on the official government release, to the actual report, the suicide rate was over twice as high among men, but BBC news didn't find this statistic worth mentioning.

2. A story reporting a mugging, in London, where a young man was beaten, mugged, and left hospitalised, and the female newsreader audibly giggled, as she read that the young man had been stripped *****. Have you any idea just how many crimes are committed, in London, some far more serious than this? So why select that particular story?

You should try getting answers, out of the BBC, it took me many years, two MP's, and a leader of the opposition, to get any answers, from BBC bosses, and these were more like press releases, that didn't answer any of my specific questions, so how do you expect a simple viewer, and forced license payer, to get truthful answers?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    " if, given the choice, I would not pay a penny, towards the BBC, or any British television, and I haven't viewed any British television, in over 10 years, and never will again. "

A strange statement to make by someone who has never watched any British Television for over 10 years, why then have you not removed your TV Aerial and refused to pay for a TV License just like the lady in the opening post of this thread, unless of course there are other members of your household who do not share your opinion and Do Watch British Television Channels and therefore you are obligated to pay for their license. ???
    I don't have a terrestrial aerial, Aldo, but I do have a motorized satellite dish, thus I have access to 28.2E, and BBC channels, but I think you'll find that the rules don't state anything about using a terrestrial antenna:
    This is from the TV Licensing website:
    "You need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record programmes
    as they're being shown on TV or live on an online TV service. This is
    the case whether you use a TV, computer, tablet, mobile phone, games
    console, digital box, DVD/VHS recorder or any other device."

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mickha.

You can still have advert free television, without the current structure.
    Could you explain how it will be financed, no such thing as something for nothing.

regards painter

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    Originally Posted by Mickha.

Could you explain how it will be financed, no such thing as something for nothing.

regards painter
    It can be financed by taxation, just not a television license fee, which can't be secured, without expensive policing.
    You can abolish the BBC Trust, which just seems yet another "jobs for the old boys" scheme, and the Televison Licensing Authority, as no licence will be required. You then set up an elected, independent, authority, with strict guide lines, regarding content, and a budget based on the current television license, linked to inflation, with the option of being increased, as future programming demands.
    Certain, themed channels, will be sacrosanct, these will include guaranteed Children's channels, for various age groups, which must contain intelligent, informative, programming.
    At least one 24 hour History/Do***entary/Science, channel.
    A 24 hour news programming channel, which will include programming like Question Time, and others.
    Sports channels, with a guaranteed rights to show major sporting events, including the World Cup, and other important events, in full, and Free to Air.
    And other core channels, which can not be altered.
    You can then add a few variety channels, which can show other programming, but must adhere to the new rules.

I did have a fully worked out proposal, when I was discussing this with my MP, and others, but that was many years ago, and I doubt I've still got it. I deleted a lot of stuff, when I upgraded my PC, after all this was over 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Mickha; 21-07-2015 at 09:15 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

andy gg (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Posted by Mickha"
    It can be financed by taxation,
    So yet another tax!!! folks who don't even possess a tv reciever yet still pay tax ie:- over 75s who get it free presently.
    Oh yes a much fairer system

regards painter

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yet another tax ????? What do you consider the television license fee to be?
    At present this tax, the television license fee, is inefficient, it requires a special department, for collection, notifications, and to deliver a piece of paper stating you have paid your tax.
    At least my way would get rid of this department and a lot of the paper do***ents, currently required, notification of llicense due, sometimes multiple notifications, and delivery of the actual do***ent. Surely that is better for the environment.
    Also most people over 75 are retired, and most exemtp from this kind of taxation, but equally quite a number of people, over 75, are rich enough to pay a small amount to support a television system that will aid children.
    I'm sorry if this means that some people might have to pay extra, to view Eastenders, or other popular, most viewed, BBC programming, but personally I think quality is more important than basic entertainment, and I'm thinking of ways to improve future viewing, especially for children, and less concerned about ***** viewers.
    Last edited by Mickha; 21-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    @ Mickha
    Firstly like most members here I watch mostly european sat content than terestial tv it is my wife who watches BBC and the like.
    Secondly like any tax that has to be collected via government bodies non payment can ultimately result in a spell in jail!!!!
    I say keep the status quo we don't need another tax to complicate matters.

regards painter

Thanks
    @painter

I totally agree with your statement above.

@mickha

Would it not have been better if you had started your own thread on your propsal for an alternative to the current TV License, as this thread is starting to digress from the original post, and if it should digress any further then it should/will be closed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

hombre (22-07-2015), painter (21-07-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I was merely responding to other posts, Aldo, including your own, where you asked why don't I just remove my aerial, which does not stop you having to pay the television license.
    but I agree, I will not post anything futher, I trust you will do the same.

Thanks
    Could this thread please be closed.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

geoffh (22-07-2015), hombre (22-07-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12