Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: amiko alien 2

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3176donna View Post
    thank you lavaman does anyone know how to turn the audio description off its seems to be stuck on a few channels ?
    Press the F1 button on the bottom row to bring up the audio options, pressing the RED button marked as Audio doesn't work for this task

Thanks
    Yep remember the Amiko Alien / Alien 2 receivers are actually dual boot so the layout and markings you see on the remote control will be in relate to the default and official Spark firmware. Enigma2 will be very close to this but not always totally matching as is the case with the audio button, in Spark it'd be the red button which will be fine for Spark but in Enigma2 the coloured buttons are generally used for short cuts to something else, so as a work around the F keys on the bottom row of the remote control are used to cover other things such as audio.

Setting the audio this way per channel is perfectly fine but if you ever fully reboot the receiver (power off and mains and the power back on) Enigma2 will have forgotten these settings so you could either live this and set again or you can explore the more perminent settings which can be configured to you own tastes and will be remembered by Enigma2 until such times as you change them yourself. There are various settings but as a quick guide to point you in the right direction you can have a look in Menu > Setup > System > A/V Settings and Menu > Setup > Auto language selection.

You've probably seen the few video tutorials on various ViX4E2PROJECT setup guides our young lady has made a great job in producing but if you have any suggestions for new tutorials you'd like to see then please send me a private message with the suggestions and I'll take them on board, anything we can legally produce will be considered and hopefully added at some point!

Thanks
    thank you lavaman and rigsby got it turned off now !

Thanks
    so im going to try to update my alien 2 from version 1 to 2.0 has anyone got any ideas how to save my channel list that I paid for getting erased with the flash and is there a guide to updating them ? thank you everyone
    Last edited by 3176donna; 17-05-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    It seems a small error has crept into my SH4 Version 2.0 builds to do with gstreamer. I have just finished a new test build and can confirm TSMedia 9.6 is working now with iPlayer on the Amiko Alien Mini (and most likely Alien2+ but willl test this in the morning). Assuming the morning test goes OK then I will aim to have new build releases for this out by the end of the month at very latest and most likely over the next day or so work load permitting. I would suggest waiting on the release of these before going ahead with the update this time round.

Thanks
    ViX4E2PROJECT Version 2.0 Build 002-blue is now available for the Amiko Alien Mini and Amiko Alien 2+ which includes an update for gstreamer H.264 encoder bug and various updates for default preset settings. TSMedia 9.6 is on the addons server and now confirmed as working with this update including iPlayer.

Build 002-blue can be downloaded as an online update direct to the receiver including settings backup and restore if required, or can be fresh flashed from USB update which can be downloaded from the usual place.

Thanks
    I found my updates but cant see version 2.0 only can see 1.0 on my alien 2 can anyone help ?
    Last edited by 3176donna; 19-05-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks
    You won't be able to online update from a Version 1.0 to Version 2.0 build, simply becaue there are a number of 'under the hood' changes which means backup and settings restores between one and the other are a bad idea. Normally manually backing up settings and then fresh flashing the new image before manually adding back on the settings you saved wouldn't be any real issue, you know what you've got on there and what needs saving etc. The problem you have is it's clearly not yourself that's set the receiver up and sounds like it's bought pre-configured - the problem you have now is you don't know what will need backing up in terms of softcams settings etc. as you don't know exactly what's being used, or indeed if it's even possible (if they have set any kind of passwords etc.) and it's really not a road I'd want to go down trying to advise on being totally honest, my best advice is if you are 100% sure you want to update to Version 2.0 Build 002-blue then first contact the person you purchased this from and see what they say, it's the person you purchased from that is best placed to be giving you the answers you need right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12