Thread: Tips and Tricks

V.I.P
    Thanks

Tips and Tricks

As named above.

Thought i would put this in how to remove addons that dont work.

System > Settings > Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Video Add-ons > highlight the add-on to be removed > open context menu (keyboard "c" or right-mouse button) > Add-on information > Uninstall.

Im sure we will be asked at some point about this.

Feel free to add to this self help thread. I am sure lots knowledge here among the members. Thanks.

All the best. jamsb

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jamsb For This Useful Post:

BOOGIBEAR (25-12-2016), chippy (19-04-2015), echelon (19-04-2015), gibson (19-04-2015), hda5 (02-09-2015), spider69 (19-04-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have just installed OpenELEC - Version 4.97.3.5.0 (kernel: Linux 3.10.61) on my MX box.
    The problem I am having is that I cannot find how to install the Present Date & Time.
    All I have in the top right hand corner of the screen is Time, Thurs 1 Jan 1970.
    Any advise would be appreciated.
    Last edited by maurice; 27-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    For MyGica Atv 582. Kodi.

I used these to make personal changes, to customize and set volume to suit,basic stuff i know but when you dont know what does what its a steep learning curve. Also its good to get to know the layout.

How To Maximise Sound On Kodi.

Go The Link Below.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAjf_RghPw

================================= =================

How Remove Video Addons Not Needed or Dont WORK.

System > Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons >

Video Addons > Highlight Video Addon to be removed >

Open Context Menu ( keyboard c or right mouse button) >Addon- information > Uninstall.

Tutorial How to Create Add-On Shortcuts XBMC Kodi Home Screen.

Please follow the Link Below.

_https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-create-add-on-shortcuts-to-home-screen-on-xbmc/

MyGica ATV 582 Cache.How to Empty.

If you go into the settings menu, and go to other, and then more settings.

In this settings menu go to apps, find XBMC and click OK on your remote. You will see an option on here to clear your cache.

Please feel free to pass on your knowledge and help. Thanks.

All the best jamsb

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamsb For This Useful Post:

Aldo (30-04-2015), EXTRAFACTO (05-05-2015), flatdish2 (21-08-2015), maurice (30-04-2015), spider69 (30-04-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    here are some tips i have picked up from members on here..or found out myself by messing with settings on mygica box
    mygica box itself....
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,
    sound...the sound on this box only comes in as 50 percent as default...to turn sound up...go to apps...settings...more settings...sound...you can now adjust sound
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    time and date...each time you power off from wall or unplug your box...your time and date will be wrong year etc
    go to apps...settings...time and date...select automatic date and time,,,if you need to adjust time...unclick auto date time...correct it and click next
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,
    display...go to apps...settings...display...as default display is hdmi on auto...uncheck that...now you can select 1080 etc to suit your tv
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,
    now a few tips for kodi itself...these will work on all platforms of kodi...on pc etc they maybe in different sections...i am quoting my findings using mygica box
    to stop your screen from auto dimming...open kodi...go to system..settings...appearance..sc reensaver click on that..you will get 3 choices dim..black... none
    i select none
    if you want to stop the irritating clicking as you use kodi ...go system..settings...appearance..sk in..scroll down to navigation sounds..uncheck that
    also uncheck show rss news feeds...if you want to get rid of the scrolling ads along bottom of your screen
    playing of video in kodi...changing sound and display..16.9 instead of in some cases 4.3
    open kodi...select a tv program or film...start to play it.
    now while it is playing...select ok on your remote
    now you should see at bottom of your screen...a menu..pause fastforward etc
    scroll along to what looks like a reel of film...click that
    it will now bring up video settings...select view mode...16.9
    now scroll down and select ..set as default for all videos
    this will then say...are you sure...this will reset any previously saved values...click yes
    thats it..all programs/ video will now auto play in whatever format you selected...ie 16.9
    if you repeat above.. and select sound icon next to it..you can do same with sound..volume amplification...remember to select set as default for all
    ps..some older programs..if broadcast in 4.3...may still show in 4.3
    ................................. .............
    Adding your 5 favourite addons to video section
    go system...settings...appearance... scroll accross to skin...select settings
    now you see drop down list...add on short cuts..scroll accross come down to
    home page videos sub menu...now click on add on 1...select from list what you want
    ie genesis...now click back back back...untill you are on main screen...go to video and
    you will now see genesis launcher is now there
    repeat above for any other add on you wish to put there
    you can only have 5 there at any one time
    hope this is of some use to other members...i will post more as i find
    Last edited by EXTRAFACTO; 10-09-2015 at 10:48 PM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

Aldo (02-09-2015), GTO (04-09-2015), jamsb (02-09-2015), lonewolfe (02-09-2015), McrRed (21-11-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks

xxx packages in fusion

this is how to get xxx packages using fusion installed in your kodi
    go to system...settings...addons...inst all from zip file...fusion
    now instead of clicking start here like you would if you were installing fusion
    below should be xbmc-repos
    click xbmc repos...at the bottom of list is xxx-*****...click that
    now you will see a list
    first should be repository.anonymous.*****s.zip.. .enable that
    now go to get addons...find anonymous repo *****s...click that
    now click video addons...you will see *****s tv...install that
    you now have that in your addons...
    there are over 30 big xxx packages to install if you want to
    to select another go to fusion again...xbmc repos...select next in list
    and then do same as above for each repos...selecting from video addons which you want
    theyids ***** repos at moment does not seem to be working...but all others are
    there is something for everyone in these packages...install or delete your preferences..
    hope this helps some members

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

Aldo (05-10-2015), BOOGIBEAR (28-12-2016), jamsb (05-10-2015), maurice (05-10-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks

Cursor appears on screen mygica 582 box

When using the box somtimes i click to fast and a cursor appears on screen
    using the remote to navigate the cursor to get rid of it ,is very slow and unresponsive
    anyway..i usually unplug box...which means then i have to set date and time again
    not any more...if cursor appears..on your remote look where ok button is in centre
    around that are 4 buttons...home etc..back button and at top left hand corner the damm cursor turn on and off button lol
    so no more rebooting box to get rid...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-10-2015), captainglassback (18-10-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I was asked the other day how to save stuff to favourites on a mygica 582 box
    i am using an older remote...not slim type
    posting this incase its of use to any other mygica 582 users
    1...open kodi...go to exodus for example...got to tv shows for example ...go to annimation for example
    now highlight southpark folder for example
    on the older remote around the ok button in centre of remote are four icons
    back..home..mouse...fav key(as you look at remote its bottom left
    press that and a menu appears...queue item,etc...scroll down to..add to favourites...press ok
    now to check it has worked..go back to kodi front page...bottom left corner of screen is a star..click that
    a box will appear
    you will see southpark..click it...it will now launch...you can do this with any program, film,series etc
    also by pressing same button while favourites is open..you can remove from list any you have finished watching
    there will be a favourites button on the slim version remote...unfortunatly i do not have one in my possesion
    using favourites function...saves you from having to keep opening.exodus etc to get to content
    update...on the slim remote...the fav button is on front of remote at top
    not on keyboard side
    Last edited by EXTRAFACTO; 19-10-2016 at 09:32 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

2colby (18-10-2016), Aldo (18-10-2016), McrRed (21-11-2016)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    today i was given by my sisters neighbour in spain a android box (tonbux T11) to try sort out
    the problem was kodi closing..causeing a pop up to appear saying...unfortunately kodi has stopped
    so after looking at system on this box..its running the new version 6.0.1 system
    after viewing you tube vids it is apparent its a common issue on some android phones..boxs etc
    but its a easy fix
    open kodi..go system..settings..now select video...now at bottom select advanced...now select acceleration
    now go accross..come down to..allow hardware acceleration-amcodec..unselect that...
    now close kodi..reopen kodi and the kodi closing problem should have been fixed
    this fixed this box..tonbux t11
    if it does not fix your android box..untick allow hardware acceleration-amcodec and untick allow hardware acceleration-mediacodec
    has some android devices need both unticked to work
    all credit for this fix goes to the guy who posted the fix on youtube
    hope this helps some members on here
    now back to my xmas hols...merry xmas

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

2colby (19-12-2016), Aldo (19-12-2016), BOOGIBEAR (23-12-2016), trotwood (19-12-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi all
    desperate for help. how do I uninstall kodi 17-4 and completely empty all add ons/repos etc, at the mom I go to kodi uninstall (go through the process) seems ok but when I then install a version of kodi all the add ons/repos that previously populated my installation re-appear although the add source in file manager is empty??
    I also tried just going to control panel/uninstall program/select kodi and uninstall/it disappears from there (windows 10/pc laptop) however same happens when I install another kodi installation. I cannot seem to get to a virgin/clean/from scratch installation of any version of kodi.??
    surely the uninstall link in kodi should uninstall everything?? or am I missing something??
    cheers for any help I have run out of ideas can no longer get kodi to work.

thanks

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks
    @forest. I've little experience of using Kodi on a PC, but a quick internet search found a guide on the Max Uninstaller site that suggests that you need to manually remove the Kodi Addon Cache.

'In Windows the folder should be C:\Users\”you”\AppData\Roaming\Ko di. Another way to find it is to enter “%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata” via the search box'.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi
    yes but prob is "where do I find that users roaming link in windows??)
    I have put that in search box but just gives me a long list of various sites
    I'm not a pc tech if I could find that windows folder I could delete it,which windows link do I find it??
    cheers for your patience

Verified Registered User Weston Calling's Avatar
    Thanks
    @forest - You need to paste an edited version of the line below into your browser to find the folder:

C:\Users\”you”\AppData\Roaming\Ko di

You have to replace "you" with your user name on your PC. So if your user name is forest the line you'd need to paste is:

C:\Users\Forest\AppData\Roaming\K odi

If this doesn't work try try:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kod i

The lines I've pasted appear on here with gaps, so delete any gaps if necessary.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Weston Calling For This Useful Post:

jovie (21-10-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    hi
    thanks everybody's help, sorted the problem and re-installed a clean version of 17-4.
    in adding back wanted repos it seems mucky duck no longer recognized with previous correct url source addy, any thoughts/answers?
    apologies this should have gone in add ons section.

cheers