Thread: Wavefrontier T90

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Wavefrontier T90

Anyone anywhere near Manchester set one of these up?
    I'm strongly considering buying one of these as I want to receive both 28.2°E and 0.8°W and this seems the easiest way to do it other than have two dishes
    I bought 2 X Triax TDA 88 but after they arrived I can see me having problems due to the size and having only one real place to mount them

I live in a flat and the only direction I can see the satellites is out the back of a my flat mounted on the side of the house on a scaffold pole.
    The problem is trees in the front of the premises in the nature reserve next to the flat
    Sky engineers refused to fit a dish insisting there was no way I'd get a picture with the trees that close, but I know that with the dish mounted on a scaffold pole it clears the top of the trees and I had to get a private installer to fit the dish and prove them wrong

(it seems most installers including Sky's seems to think the satellite is where the dish points and doesnt realise what an offset dish actually is, and the dish looks upward even when it doesnt appear to be.

If anyone has any experience of fitting these I;d be really grateful for any advice or suggestions, and if you knbow anyone that can align it for me I'd be even happier
    all the local "sat guys" have never heard of the dish and say its impossible to get both satellites on one dish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lew247 View Post
    Anyone anywhere near Manchester set one of these up?
    I'm strongly considering buying one of these as I want to receive both 28.2°E and 0.8°W and this seems the easiest way to do it other than have two dishes
    I bought 2 X Triax TDA 88 but after they arrived I can see me having problems due to the size and having only one real place to mount them

I live in a flat and the only direction I can see the satellites is out the back of a my flat mounted on the side of the house on a scaffold pole.
    The problem is trees in the front of the premises in the nature reserve next to the flat
    Sky engineers refused to fit a dish insisting there was no way I'd get a picture with the trees that close, but I know that with the dish mounted on a scaffold pole it clears the top of the trees and I had to get a private installer to fit the dish and prove them wrong

(it seems most installers including Sky's seems to think the satellite is where the dish points and doesnt realise what an offset dish actually is, and the dish looks upward even when it doesnt appear to be.

If anyone has any experience of fitting these I;d be really grateful for any advice or suggestions, and if you knbow anyone that can align it for me I'd be even happier
    all the local "sat guys" have never heard of the dish and say its impossible to get both satellites on one dish.
    There was/is? a dealers on Stamford St. in Ashton-under-Lyne(about 5 miles N.E.of Manchester)who stocked those dishes,but it's been about 4 years since I have been there.I think they're around the £150 mark in price.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2colby For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    you need to run a computer programme to set these up with your coordinates to get all the angles
    Have done 5 or 6 but only the 55cm ones never fitted the 90c all fitted for the company in Ashton

5. The Following User Says Thank You to satpaul For This Useful Post:

2colby (20-03-2015)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    IF I got it I'd buy it from a company in Germany that has them cheap and takes only 2 days to arrive.
    I go the details needed to align it from _http://bit.ly/1EAYVlX
    But it dont really help when I've not set one up before, and I'm not very good on ladders really
    Ideally I'd like to find someone who could set it up if I got it
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 20-03-2015 at 07:34 PM. Reason: no live links cheers.

Thanks
    Here is a site that calculates the setup for you:
    h**p://www.satlex.de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html
    The site gives you a complete list of satellites of your choice based on your location.

If you want to install the dish manually, follow the next steps.

You setup the dish as a single satellite dish on the center satellite by tuning one of satellite transponders with a meter or receiver connected (adjusting azimuth, declination and elevation).

Then twist the dish on the east west axis (clockwise and counter clockwise to get the the extreme West and extreme East satellites and sliding the LNBs on the marked locations on the LNB holder.
    Once you program the the 3 satellite locations, tighten all bolts so the dish does not move.
    Insert other LNBS for other satellites (upto 8 or more).
    Last edited by BM300; 25-08-2015 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add more information