Thread: FilmOn & Extra Channels

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

FilmOn & Extra Channels

Most people have come across FilmOn as it is one of the most reliable Live TV apps about.
    What you may not realise is that FilmOn uses your location to decide what channels it will allow you to see.
    If you are using using a VPN then the channels FilmOn shows while "being" in America will be different from when you are in the UK.

The American channel list is vast and if you are into nostalgia then try the CLASSIC TV section.
    It will take you back to your childhood (assuming you are over 60) for Robin Hood, The Lucy Show, Charlie Chaplin, The Dick Van Dyke Show etc etc.

FilmOn is one of those apps where you do not have to keep searching for a working link as they all work in good quality. Well worth a try.
    Choose the FilmOn American TV app from the Play Store (American flag version) as there are lots of them.
    You can use a free VPN service like Unclogger or a paid for one like Tunnel Bear (£1.67/mth)

BillyBits

Verified Registered User davorp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes I have tried that many moons ago. To be more precise, I think there are just two sets of channels available, one for Europe and the other one for North America. I was hoping though that when I switch to the U.S geo location, I'll be able to receive all five terrestrial U.S networks. That wasn't the case. The only main channel that was available was the CW, including some local channels with syndicated line up, but no NBC,CBS,FOX and ABC. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but that was my experience. I've also tried using Canadian VPN, but the channel list was identical to the one we have in Europe.