Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC.

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

An investigation will now take place into the alleged incident and no-one else has been suspended, the corporation said.

It also said Top Gear would not be broadcast this Sunday.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time", it added.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts
    Do not think that posts in this section appear on "latest posts or new posts listings "

Thanks

Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC.

Originally posted by another forum member in the news section:-

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson "following a fracas" with a producer.

An investigation will now take place into the alleged incident and no-one else has been suspended, the corporation said.

It also said Top Gear would not be broadcast this Sunday.

Last edited by skomedal; 10-03-2015 at 08:48 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skomedal For This Useful Post:

Aldo (10-03-2015), Dark Cloud (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    don't like him,...don't like the show,..........now,...give me Victoria "Vicki" Butler-Henderson.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

dog-man (10-03-2015), skomedal (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    The following was on the Sly News:

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

An investigation will take place into the alleged incident and no one else has been suspended, the corporation said.

It also said the latest episode of Top Gear would not be broadcast this Sunday.

Clarkson, who has been involved in a number of high-profile gaffes in recent years, was put on what the corporation called his final warning in 2014.

That followed claims he used the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

Clarkson said he was "horrified" that it sounded as though he used racist language in the out-take, which was not broadcast.

In a video released online last May, he said he had made every effort to make sure he did not use the slur, but realised it might have sounded as though he had.

This Sunday's episode was set to feature Clarkson, Richard Hammond Hammond and James May getting to grips with classic cars such as a Fiat 124 Spider, an MGB GT and a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet.

They were set to take to the road and end up at a classic track day, while ex-England footballer Gary Lineker was the "star in a reasonably priced car".

Lineker tweeted: "I don't think I'm ever meant to appear on Top Gear!"

Executive producer Andy Wilman described 2014 as "an annus horribilis" for the show.

As well as the race row that resulted in Clarkson's final warning, Top Gear was also censured by Ofcom for breaching broadcasting rules after Clarkson used a "racial" term during the programme's Burma special, which had aired in March 2014.

In the episode where he and his co-presenters built a bridge over a Burmese river, Clarkson was found to have used the word "slope" to describe an Asian man.

As a man walked across the bridge, Clarkson said: "That's a proud moment but there's a slope on it."

In Argentina, the motoring show sparked a near-riot while filming.

The crew was forced to flee the country after trouble erupted when it emerged they were using a Porsche with the registration number H982 FKL, which some people suggested could refer to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

Clarkson previously faced a storm of protest from mental health charities after he branded people who throw themselves under trains as "selfish".

And he was forced to apologise for telling BBC1's The One Show that striking workers should be shot.

In 2012, Clarkson was found to have breached BBC guidelines by comparing a Japanese car to people with growths on their faces.

Earlier this year, the corporation's director-general Tony Hall defended Top Gear as offering "a different voice" to viewers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

skomedal (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    Marmite person.

Just not my taste

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skomedal For This Useful Post:

Aldo (10-03-2015), Dark Cloud (10-03-2015)

Thanks
    I hope he gets the sack, cant stand the bloke, he sure thinks he can do what he wants, well hopefully that's now come to an end. A very much overpaid pompous prat.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cornishlen For This Useful Post:

Aldo (10-03-2015), dog-man (10-03-2015), ford (11-04-2015), JMH (10-03-2015), skomedal (10-03-2015)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I thought Clarkson owned some of the rights to Top Gear so the BBC may not be allowed to show it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whompus View Post
    I thought Clarkson owned some of the rights to Top Gear so the BBC may not be allowed to show it.
    Might be true!

But anyway my thoughts are good riddance to his bloated egoistic personality.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skomedal For This Useful Post:

Aldo (10-03-2015), centaur (13-03-2015), cornishlen (11-03-2015), dog-man (10-03-2015), JMH (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Without him the show will be nothing the 3 work well together, i can see all 3 of them appearing on another channel .

thats if he does get the boot only suspended at the moment.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

davet (11-03-2015), holmroad (11-03-2015), ozzsurf (11-03-2015), satpaul (11-03-2015), scrapman (11-03-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
    @ cosworth4x4
    was thinking same thing

other channel

more money

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozzsurf For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (11-03-2015), holmroad (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Exactly, if they don't watch it the BBC will REALLY be cutting their nose to spite their face, dash it like it or not there are over 280,000 online votes to re-instate him!!
    Ok, not everybody's cup of tea, but he is a MAJOR player on tellie and am sure the prog will end up on ITV (god forbid), Channel Four or Five if the Beeb don't calm down & relent here?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Better still put it on Sly and see how long it lasts, and btw 280,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to number of licence holders in the UK.

Banned
    Thanks
    Interesting subject but I think he will be fired just because of PC.
    The world or this country seem to fold and change the law and rules at the drop of a hat when PC comes into it?
    Us Scot's still hear the English tv programs occasional slag us off but a pinch of salt helps us from demanding the bbc close down?
    So my view would have to be , It's a shame if the bbc scrap yet another program because of a few words but he deserves to go if he's started to go round hitting his production team willy nilly?

Thanks
    Very interesting reading comments on various websites including the BBC, it would seem that a very large majority of people back him. The online petition to reinstate him (which I have signed) is up to about 300,000 and has been going for less than a day.
    We cant get in to politics on this forum, and rightly so but I think it is a pity that so many strong opinions are being expressed without anyone having all the facts.
    Obviously we cant have people punching each other in the workplace but according to James May it was a very minor incident.
    It does seem a bit OTT to cancel the next two programs immediately, what about the principle of innocent until proved guilty?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-03-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
    the guy that will sack him probably has no car
    but a push bike

lol

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzsurf View Post
    the guy that will sack him probably has no car
    but a push bike

lol
    latest Clarkson offered new contract as the new stig with his own hot dog stall

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Personally, I like him and the program. If they sack him they are idiots, and he will most likely take the show to another channel.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    I was only thinking after watching Sundays show that it is getting a bit sad, same old format, JC going mad and the other two following along.
    I delivered two speed cameras to their porta cabin just on the track edge on the recording day last year and everyone was in hyper mode. I was tempted to stay but had other deliveries to do. I did have a good look round though.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    I was only thinking after watching Sundays show that it is getting a bit sad, same old format, JC going mad and the other two following along.
    I delivered two speed cameras to their porta cabin just on the track edge on the recording day last year and everyone was in hyper mode. I was tempted to stay but had other deliveries to do. I did have a good look round though.
    That's interesting, I was wondering where the track was, can you tell?

pixey

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast