Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC.

Banned
    Thanks
    I think the only way forward for Top Gear now , would be to go the same way as a few other show's?
    "And this week's guest presenter is?"
    It will probably end up as a panel show with each team competing against each other, in made up car's ?
    They can have a
    "complete the headlines in this weeks motoring news?"
    "Stig test time?"
    "scrap heap meets top gear challenge"

Maybe Clarkson will run for ukip? (only joking!)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    " I am not a big fan but I am sure all 3 will go "

With one already gone and the other two (who have been relatively quiet during the last couple of weeks) may be offered new contracts next week, should they decide take up the offer remains to be seen.
    James May has already posted on twitter that he's handed his notice in with the bbc

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (25-03-2015), echelon (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    The shows finished. Hammond and May hopefully will join Clarkson and do a motoring show on another channel. Chris Evans, for Christ's sake, what a disaster that would be. They should get Alan Partridge, at least then it would still be worth watching.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bonovox For This Useful Post:

Barney (26-03-2015), cosworth4x4 (25-03-2015), sleepy (26-03-2015), whompus (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Statements from May & Hammond:

Top Gear co-presenter James May told Sly News that Clarkson's sacking was a "tragedy".

"What ought to have been a small incident, sorted out easily, turned into something big," he said.

He said he was sure Top Gear would "continue in some way" but could not say if he would stay because he, Clarkson and Richard Hammond "come as a package".

Later, May said his future at Top Gear "requires much thought, deliberation and conversation" before he makes a decision.

Hammond tweeted: "Gutted at such a sad end to an era. We're all three of us idiots in our different ways but it's been an incredible ride together."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-03-2015), whompus (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    The Export sale of this show to other countries without all 3 of them will plummet rapidly

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (25-03-2015), echelon (25-03-2015), holmroad (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Top Gaffes: How Clarkson Fuelled Controversy

As the Top Gear presenter is fired by the BBC over a "fracas", we look at the biggest gaffes made by the star and his show.

As the BBC fires Jeremy Clarkson over a "fracas" with a producer, Sly News looks at past controversies on his show.

HTML Code:
    //http://news.sky.com/story/1253913/top-gaffes-how-clarkson-fuelled-controversy

ive moved youre new topic here , we dont really need another one running.

thanks.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-03-2015), echelon (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Its the END of an era, sad but true!

Verified Registered User scrapman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Great thread this, I'm kinda with Barney in post #65 but would like to air my thoughts,

Who did what to who when and where............................ ......Don't care.
    Programs I helped pay towards making but can not watch........Not happy.
    Program I enjoyed no longer available in current format............Annoyed.
    Replacement program that is as good or better.......................Unli kely.

The continuing policy of dulling programming down and the removal of any form of controversial content had made Clarkson a candidate for removal for some time.
    Maybe his popularity and the revenue he generated for the BBC bought him some extra time and leeway? Frankly I'm surprised he lasted so long,

Conclusion. (laced with a liberal dose of sarcasm)
    The BBC has a great line up on subjects that have and will effect us all-
    It no longer has a motoring program,.
    It has one 20 minute program once a week on technology (Click) this covers the whole of the internet the latest technology news, gadgets and apps.
    It has one 20 minute program once a month on astronomical and space-related topics (The sky at night) this also includes any break threw made concerning the LHC- CERN.
    Another soap anyone? or perhaps a nice cooking program followed by an exciting quiz show, Sadly the cheaper and the blander, the better it is for the "Boring Broadcasting Company"

Scrapman

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrapman For This Useful Post:

Aldo (26-03-2015), Stev0 (26-03-2015)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

It's not just Jezza that was dropped!

:0)
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BIGTONE For This Useful Post:

FBOY (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Clarkson 'Fracas' Witnesses Quizzed By Police

North Yorkshire Police says it has a "duty to investigate" what happened when the presenter attacked a Top Gear producer.

North Yorkshire Police says it has spoken to some potential witnesses over the Jeremy Clarkson incident in a county hotel.

Earlier this month Clarkson, 54, was involved in an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack" that left Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon with swelling and a split lip.

The force said it had "a duty to investigate where we believe an offence might have been committed".

On Wednesday the BBC announced that it would not be renewing Clarkson's Top Gear contract.

A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said it had been contacted by "concerned members of the public" who wanted to know what action the police are taking, if any.

"No-one who was present at the hotel during the incident came forward to report an offence to the police. Nonetheless, we have a duty to investigate where we believe an offence might have been committed, and that is what we have been doing with this case.

"We have already spoken to some people who were in the hotel at the time, but there are still others we need to speak to, who could help us to determine exactly what happened.

"Also, as is usual in these cir***stances, we have made contact with Mr Tymon through his lawyers, to ask him to speak to us so we can ascertain how he wishes to pursue this matter."

The force said it was working with the BBC to see if any action needs to be taken against the presenter.

Clarkson faces an uncertain future as reports suggest his co-stars may leave the show alongside him.

He did not stop to answer reporters' questions on Thursday, but when asked what he would like to say to fans who may be upset about him leaving the show, he said: "Everybody's upset."

BBC director-general Tony Hall has made it clear he wants the show to continue but its future is in doubt after co-host James May said he was considering his position and Richard Hammond declared the "end to an era".

The BBC confirmed that Clarkson's contract would not be renewed after its investigation found the presenter's attack on Mr Tymon left him needing hospital treatment.

Sky and Channel 4 are understood to have ruled out working with Clarkson, while ITV would not comment on "a BBC issue".

But the BBC's creative director, Alan Yentob, offered a potential olive branch by refusing to rule out a return to the corporation for Clarkson in the future.

He told BBC2's Newsnight: "Of course I wouldn't rule that out, but that's not for now."

All three presenters' contracts run out at the end of this month.

Thanks
    Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon is not pressing charges against Jeremy Clarkson over the attack that led to Clarkson being dropped from the hit BBC2 show.

After North Yorkshire Police asked for the BBC’s report into the incident which left Tymon with a bleeding lip, the producer said in a statement via his lawyer that all “parties should now be allowed to move on”.

Paul Daniels, from employment lawyers Slater and Gordon, said: “I have been asked to issue a statement on behalf of my client Oisin Tymon regarding police enquiries in this matter.

“Mr Tymon has informed the police that he doesn’t want to press charges. The events of the last few weeks have been extremely unpleasant for everyone involved. The matter has taken a great toll on Oisin, his family and his friends.

“Quite simply, Mr Tymon just wishes to return now to the job at the BBC he loves, as soon as possible. Further, the BBC have, in his view, taken action with a view to addressing the issues at hand.

“Mr Tymon agrees with the BBC’s stated view that all parties should now be allowed to move on, so far as possible.”

North Yorkshire police said they would take Tymon’s decision, “fully into account” but continue to interview “some final interviews to complete with guests who witnessed the incident as their perspectives also need to be considered.”

They have spoken to potential witnesses to the fracas that cost Jeremy Clarkson his job at the BBC, saying they “have a duty to investigate” what happened.

They said they had been contacted by “concerned members of the public” asking what action it was taking about the attack which took place after Clarkson was not served hot food at a hotel in Yorkshire following a day’s filming.

A statement on Friday released by the North Yorkshire police said: “Earlier this week, we made contact with Mr Tymon’s lawyers to ask for his views on the incident at Simonstone Hall, and how – as the central person in this matter – he wished us to proceed.

“This morning, we received a letter from Mr Tymon’s lawyers indicating that he does not wish the police to pursue an investigation on his behalf.

“We understand the letter was also issued to the media.

“We are grateful to Mr Tymon for clarifying his position, as we can now take this fully into account. This is North Yorkshire police’s usual approach.

“We have some final interviews to complete with guests who witnessed the incident as their perspectives also need to be considered.

“When these conversations are complete, we will issue a statement on our website as appropriate.”

---------------------
    The police will still waste no end of time investigating it , then drop it last minute .

Thanks
    The problem with Clarkson, is that he needed TG more than TG needed him. If you look at the other two presenters, they are more than capable of stepping into serious (sometimes humorous) presenter roles on other shows... Clarkson isn't. Richard Hammond has presented some excellent scientific programmes for the BBC. James May has presented some excellent, and in some instances, slightly unusual programmes as well (his Toy Stories Flight Club was outstanding). They don't need TG to be TV presenters because they seem to have been blessed with far greater intellectual ability than JC... then again, most people have. ;-)

Clarkson is nothing if the camera isn't on him all the time, and he's making lots of (usually controversial) noise. I can see him doing the rounds on the chat shows, maybe a stint in a Big Brother/Celebrity has-been type of show, and then fading into the past.

As motoring show trios go, I'd rather watch Vicky Butler-Henderson, Jason Plato and Tiff Needell anyway... and even the worst driver of those three, is still probably a better driver than the best of TG's trio. In fact, they had Ben Collins on 5th Gear after he left TG, and even he wasn't in the same league as Plato or Needell, but he stood out like a superstar on TG.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeC22 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (28-03-2015)

Thanks
    problem there other shows , ill agree other 2 have done good programs may and hammond.

but if you want a good car show it will have to be them 3 together ,nothing to do with their driving ability , its the way they work together .

clarkson on his own id prob never watch, as no real fan.

Thanks
    'You're crying in A&E, man up' Katie Hopkins blames Top Gear producer for Clarkson sacking

KATIE Hopkins has blamed the Top Gear producer punched by Jeremy Clarkson for the TV host's sacking – and told him to "man up".

Hopkins has been rather outspoken, shock horror, about Jeremy's sacking from the BBC after he hit producer Oisin Tymon.

And the CBB runner-up reckons that Tymon should have "owned his problems", and now deserves abuse from the public – despite the fact he was, you know, punched in the face.

In her column for The Sun, Katie wrote: "Oisin Tymon will now need a security detail to move about with any safety.

"That was your choice, mate. You could have squared this away like a lad but you chose to sit crying in A&E. Own your problems."

Since the column was published, Tymon has announced he will not be pressing charges against Clarkson.

Continuing to talk about HR ruining Top Gear for everyone, Katie went on: "If two lads have a problem, then get in a room together and sort out the problem.

"If a footballer bites someone, fine him, ban him for a few matches and crack on. If a rugby player belts someone, send him to the sin bin to calm down.

"That’s all that needed to happen here. Life cannot be run by one rule book sitting in the office of HR."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

sparky_dog (28-03-2015)

Verified Registered User scrapman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    problem there other shows , ill agree other 2 have done good programs may and hammond.

but if you want a good car show it will have to be them 3 together ,nothing to do with their driving ability , its the way they work together .

clarkson on his own id prob never watch, as no real fan.
    Clarckson was very funny on "Have I got news for you" he does sarcasm very well.
    Just given it a quick search, and he's due to host it again-
    _http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/17/jeremy-clarkson-bbc-have-i-got-news-for-you

Scrapman

Scrapman

25. The Following User Says Thank You to scrapman For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    i didn't see him on that but i will check out the links tomorrow.

Thanks
    Jeremy Clarkson plans dramatic Top Gear comeback in just weeks - but it'll be in Australia

The shamed 54-year-old will head to Sydney with James May, 52, and Richard Hammond, 45, to host the show in front of 40,000 fans over two days

Axed Jeremy Clarkson plans to make a dramatic Top Gear comeback in a matter of weeks – on the live tour Down Under.

The shamed 54-year-old will head to Sydney with James May, 52, and Richard Hammond, 45, to host the show in front of 40,000 fans over two days.

However, after he was dumped by the Beeb last week, organisers could be forced to rename it Clarkson, May and Hammond Live or MPH Live rather than Top Gear Live.

Although Clarkson’s contract was not renewed, it is understood he has a separate deal for the live shows.

Last week four tour dates in Norway were scrapped, but if the April 18 and 19 events are cancelled the Beeb’s commercial arm BBC Worldwide could face a huge lawsuit.

A source revealed: “Talks are going on to try and ensure this event goes ahead. The main priority
    is the thousands of people who have bought tickets.

“The feeling in Sydney is that the three presenters want to do it, thousands of fans who’ve bought tickets want to see it, so just get it on.”

The world tour – which has sold 200,000 tickets and is set to rake in £11million – is due to head to South Africa in June with other gigs in Belfast, Sheffield and London pencilled in.

Clarkson’s contract was not renewed after he punched producer Oisin Tymon, 36, during a row over being served cold meat instead of a steak at a hotel.

BBC insiders claim the fall-out of his exit continues to send shockwaves around the organisation.

New motoring show The Getaway Car is said to have needed re-formatting as it featured The Stig.

And BBC2 comedy W1A had to be re-recorded to update a joke about Clarkson and “damage limitation” in its first episode, screened next month.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

skomedal (29-03-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,603 Posts
    Clarksons Waiter interviewed and tells what really happened.

Well funny.

-https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152763394787263

Ian.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

Aldo (29-03-2015), Bod (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts
    The Organisers of Top Gear Festival Sydney would like to acknowledge the concerns of both visitors and fans given the recent news announcement regarding Jeremy Clarkson.

We are working through the implications of the current situation with all involved parties and hope to have more answers soon.

We are working as quickly as we can and will have further updates no later than next week.

If you have further queries at this stage, please email us at ****topgearfestivalsydney.com.au and we will endeavour to get back to you directly as soon as we have more information.

We thank you for your patience with us at this time

_http://www.topgearfestivalsydney.com.au/?

*acebook for this event posted 26 march 2015
    Last edited by skomedal; 29-03-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: deleted live link for email

Thanks
    Jeremy Clarkson's hopes of moving to major British TV channel screech to a halt

22:01, 29 March 2015

The TV host is weighing up his options after being sacked from the popular Top Gear show by the BBC

Jeremy Clarkson’s hopes of relaunching his TV career by moving to a major British channel seem to have stalled.

Sources at Sky and ITV have joined Channel 4 in saying they will not sign the sacked Top Gear host.

And he is said to have “no interest” in Channel 5.

But a US channel or streaming service Netflix could give him a lifeline.

The internet broadcaster has so far refused to comment on Clarkson’s departure from the BBC.

A petition has already been launched encouraging the streaming service to sign him.

The petition, which also calls for Clarkson’s former Top Gear co-presenters James May, 52, and Richard Hammond, 45, to be included in any deal, has already attracted 3,500 signatures since it was launched on Wednesday.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast