Thread: wetek play

Thanks

wetek play

has anyone purchased one of these android tv boxes which also has a sat tuner,,,,,,its getting good reviews,,,,,,also supports cs emulators.

Thanks
    From what I have been told the Android side works great but the sat side is total ****e.

Thanks
    The Amiko A3 seems similar to this which now, that they fixed EMU's & EPG has become a super hybrid box. So this could be well worth a look.

I hated the A3 I had for a long time before they fixed the Sat side. Ended up giving it to my kids but have to say now that all is fixed and working (including E2 channel list importing) it's a pretty good all rounder.

Being so used to E2 and now with XBMC available can't see me touching anything like this now or in the near future.

Thanks
    Guys... You can run Openelec + Kodi natively on it! (I mean all XBMC/KODI works natively with full HW acceleration!)
    Is no doubt the best STB on market! It have android but honestly i only turn 2 times android on it

Thanks
    Some video:

Screenshot:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    From what I have been told the Android side works great but the sat side is total ****e.
    Hi phoenix,

Fully agree on this statement with You, Android side is great as Netflix and other official streaming apps like HBO GO work perfect, due the thing that device is Google GMS certified and have Google Widevine DRM working properly. Wetek Theater which is DVB Player in version of WeTek OS v1.1.2 improved a lot, but as many owners of this device I am using OpenELEC on MicroSD and there Live TV (DVB) is running really perfect in combination with VDR + OScam.

tvheadend also working, and it support superb Series Link for Sly UK, FreeView and FreeSat, and there are several EPG grabbers inside of tvheadend.

At Wetek OS v1.1.2 is used DVB-API v1.3 (I can see that from Oscam log), while on OpenELEC is used DVB-API v5 so all native linux apps work normally like at PC or any other dvb-api compatible device.

Dual boot option is good when we want to watch Netflix we boot in Android, for all other operations such as multimedia (Navi-X or Pulsar) and Live TV, i still prefer to use OpenELEC as there things are at perfect level.

Except WeTek I have RPi too running Live TV with tvheadend PVR addon and it is pointed to wetek as tuner is at wetek.
    Last edited by xbmcflix; 04-03-2015 at 07:33 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xbmcflix For This Useful Post:

voyager1972 (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    2 last Android updates are amazing, they add support for Picons and other stuffs are fixed, zap time is between 1 or 2 secs, and OSCam is working great, its native oscam.

WeTek Play - WeTek OS Android Development build - 22.04.2015

What's new:

- Fixed DiSEqC 1.0
    - Fixed DiSEqC 1.1
    - Fixed USALS
    - Fixed support for ATSC in WeTek Theater
    - Fixed crash bugs on Automatic/Simple scan
    - Favourite list improvements

Download:

Code:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!9lAQCSoR!rEZdaoZVGTjCjB61MvZGgox_AMI89bJ0lBORKjvTRbI
    Also there is DreamSet 2.4.4 Beta 5 with support for WeTek Play:

- Fixed, "Test Configuration" on Setup dialog
    - Added, "Save As" WeTek format
    - Improvement, when read from box no "save as" dialog appears
    - Improvement,when importing from other formats, new satellites are added to dvb.db
    - Other minor bugs

Known Issues

- Import/Compare dialog sometime fails
    - Channel numbers are not saved
    - Import fav files
    - Populate transponders from satellites.xml to dvb.db
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (20.1 KB, 10 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (45.5 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (29.7 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (36.5 KB, 8 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    hmmmm
    this could be a game changer to normal STB's

excellent
    _http://linux-tv.com/receiver/wetek-play-review

Thanks
    It is a briliant little box. i was lucky to get one for free to test for them. At start was slow and not much to cream about it, but Wetek team have outdonne them selv.
    This box is one of the few Android devices out there that realy is worth the time and money.

I have added a Smargo Trepple Reader to my box, OScam runing 2 cards. then have Netflix, HBO, and many other IPTV apps running.

Running OpenElec with TVHeadend has been very nice indeed. Streming TV from it has been easy.

Im sure this box can do more then i have tested but for what i have used it is one of the best out there and i recommended.
    Just to make sure you have to be intrested to play with the box to make it to your needs, this is not a plug and play box, so if you are beginer maybe you are better off with something else. Not to scare anyone but you need to work a bit with this to make it run as you like it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Friendly-Face For This Useful Post:

Aldo (03-03-2016), xbmcflix (14-01-2017)

Thanks
    As no need to open new thread, OpenPLi and OpenATV images are already for long time out for WeTek Play, and seems OpenATV 6.0 is coming for 4K UHD version WeTek Play 2 as well