Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samsung tv - Network is not connected

Thanks
    No update for me but mine is working fine again.

Mine is Not set for auto updates.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 470 Posts

Icon14

Glad you are sorted. I see the update now has IPTV in the Samsung Apps, free for 7 days.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob For This Useful Post:

Aldo (27-02-2015), davorp (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    I have had that app for few months now.
    It's 5 euros to buy.
    Def worth it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (27-02-2015), bob (27-02-2015)

Verified Registered User davorp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    It's 5 euros to buy.
    Def worth it.

Is that the smart IPTV app that allows streaming m3u playlists?
    Last edited by davorp; 27-02-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    It's 5 euros to buy.
    Def worth it.
    Why don't you use Lmod player, all basic features are free and it doesn't expire. The only thing is that it's not in the app store.

Thanks
    I can't seem to be able to run Web Browser on my tv. When I run it, it say updating, it keeps updating, but wont start. On my other samsung tv it's the same with web browser. All other apps are working fine. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
    Just checked working fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davorp View Post
    Why don't you use Lmod player, all basic features are free and it doesn't expire. The only thing is that it's not in the app store.
    Where to get and how to load?
    Using Samsung UE40ES5500

Thanks

Thanks
    Where to get and how to load?
    Using Samsung UE40ES5500

Thanks

Log in as develop and go to tools -> settings -> development and under "Setting server IP" enter: 213. 155. 22. 226 then click "User Application Synchronisation to begin the installation process.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to davorp For This Useful Post:

manic01 (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    How to log in as developer.?
    Thanks for help

Thanks
    OK sussed it
    login is develop
    pw is 000000

Thanks
    My TV Samsung ES 8000 can't connect online on wireless. It can't get IP address, subnet mask, gateway all set to 0.0.0.0.
    On my other Samsung telly, it's connected by direct Ethernet connection, same thing, can't get network settings.

I have tried everything: unplugging it from the mains, changed DNS to open DNS 8.8.8.8 but nothing helped.
    The only thing I can think of is to try to install a different firmware. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davorp View Post
    My TV Samsung ES 8000 can't connect online on wireless. It can't get IP address, subnet mask, gateway all set to 0.0.0.0.
    On my other Samsung telly, it's connected by direct Ethernet connection, same thing, can't get network settings.

I have tried everything: unplugging it from the mains, changed DNS to open DNS 8.8.8.8 but nothing helped.
    The only thing I can think of is to try to install a different firmware. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions welcome.
    Maybe its similar symptoms to a year ago's issues with Samsung devices dave?
    Hopefully someone else from earlier in this old thread will respond accordingly mate?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    ip and subnet etc all come from the router, nothing to do with the internet and even with no internet a router would give each device its own ip address , so that side should populate regardless , as lomg as DHCP is active

ie:- your local LAN has nothing to do with the internet , so fix your LAN until each device has its own ip address, subnet and router ip login details

then ping each device from your pc or laptop, also checking that each device is "seen" in your router admin panel

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    ip and subnet etc all come from the router, nothing to do with the internet and even with no internet a router would give each device its own ip address , so that side should populate regardless , as lomg as DHCP is active

ie:- your local LAN has nothing to do with the internet , so fix your LAN until each device has its own ip address, subnet and router ip login details

then ping each device from your pc or laptop, also checking that each device is "seen" in your router admin panel

All my other wi fi devices are working fine with my router. Signal is great too. I have Apple AirPort Extreme.

Thanks
    but you said yourself that your samsungs have no ip address and no netmask and no Gateway , ALL are delivered by your router, so if they arent on the LAN then they arent going to get the net so it would be pointless setting the google public servers in your DNS part if the others are blank

so I stand by my assertion, fix your LAN if you want them to work to the net, because you dont need the internet connection for a local lan

if you cannot ping them from your laptop, then you have an internal problem to do with your router and LAN (local area networking)

if you cannot "see" the tv,s in your attached samsungdevices in your router admin panel, then again its a local fault

test the "faulty" devices with the apple by connecting an ethernet cable from one to the other, if that works then you have a wifi issue

if you wish to ignore good advice, that is up to you, but YOU are the one with the fault, not me

20. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

davorp (25-02-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    but you said yourself that your samsungs have no ip address and no netmask and no Gateway , ALL are delivered by your router, so if they arent on the LAN then they arent going to get the net so it would be pointless setting the google public servers in your DNS part if the others are blank

so I stand by my assertion, fix your LAN if you want them to work to the net, because you dont need the internet connection for a local lan

if you cannot ping them from your laptop, then you have an internal problem to do with your router and LAN (local area networking)

if you cannot "see" the tv,s in your attached samsungdevices in your router admin panel, then again its a local fault

if you wish to ignore good advice, that is up to you, but YOU are the one with the fault, not me

No, I don't want to ignore a good advice. I appreciate it, and I will look into it. I just wanted to make sure, that's all. Thanks mate.

Thanks
    looking at your router details it can handle up to 50 clients over wifi, plus it has ethernet connections, so until you have tested the "faulty" devices using ethernet then you havent proved the LAN is ok

if it works on wired ethernet and fails on wifi , then you have a problem , either with the router , local interference , or with the samsung devices themselves

change the cable on the other "wired" tv , also checking it has a valid ip , subnet and gateway

reading the wiki on your device it also mentions that its a dual band router, plus that the N series may not work with other manufacturers devices

so maybe you have the N series and maybe the samsungs cannot work to it ?

or maybe one of your bands has failed and the samsungs use that band ? (but maybe the working devices use the other one ?)

maybe you have set up the apple to wpa2 or some other option and that may exclude the samsungs ?

a myriad of causes may exist, but until you do as I say and check the router admin panel, try pinging the devices from your laptop , try bypassing the wifi using ethernet, then you havent gone through all your options , which is your job to do as the tech support guy for your router and LAN

when its all working , disconnect the internet but leave the apple on, then ping the samsungs, also check the IP , netmask and gateway settings are populated , you will then see I am correct in what I am saying and you may have learned something about "networking" (forget about the public dns settings until the other settings are populated)

think of it this way , to get on a motorway (internet) you have to access it via the access sliproad (local LAN)

if you cannot access the sliproad, you wont get onto the motorway, even if its empty

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-02-2016), davorp (25-02-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123