Thread: Superjack Actuator not moving

Thanks

Superjack Actuator not moving

Hi

Need some assistance with my motor on my dish. I noticed that the dish didn't move when changing satellites so on investigation I noticed the dish leaning against the wall. I can move the dish manually a few inches but know where near it was before. The actuator arm appears to be fully engaged so is it now broken because of that?

On trying to move the dish with the positioner(vbox) it rotates around but the arm doesn't move. I took the box off the back of the actuator to show this. I have pics if needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    post a bit confusing does the actuator move out or not ,dish a few inches ?

so does the actuator extend or not ?

Thanks
    been windy has'nt sheered the bolt on the arm has it ? or maybe if fully out cogs are damaged ,if was pointing toward wall sounds like beyond mechanical limits as cos says maybe clarification required and or upload pics mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to simon 2003 For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (11-01-2015)

Thanks

Icon3

has the arm extended more than it has ever before,if it has you may find the inner threaded bolt has unscrewed itself right out of the moving arm section ,to fix disconnect the actuator from the v box at the actuator the two motor wires connect two wires to the motor connections and connect to 12 volt battery while pulling on the dish towards the actuator bolt should go back into the inner of the arm,if it dose not reverse connections to battery and try again,wind
    arm in disconnect 12 volt battery ,reconnect v box,set the limits micro switches...and bobs your auntie,12 volt battery can be alarm battery or car battery will move motor more slowly..
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 12-01-2015 at 12:02 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    has the arm extended more than it has ever before,if it has you may find the inner threaded bolt has unscrewed itself right out of the moving arm section ,to fix disconnect the actuator from the v box at the actuator the two motor wires connect two wires to the motor connections and connect to 12 volt battery while pulling on the dish towards the actuator bolt should go back into the inner of the arm,if it dose not reverse connections to battery and try again,wind
    arm in disconnect 12 volt battery ,reconnect v box,set the limits micro switches...and bobs your auntie,12 volt battery can be alarm battery or car battery will move motor more slowly..
    The actuator arm appears to be fully engaged, im assuming that means its not fully extended , but will wait for another reply.

Thanks
    I'd post the pictures.

Thanks
    Attachment 62226
    Thanks for all the replies. I have attached a pic which I hope clarifies a few things or not

Thanks
    Your Picture attachment comes up as invalid, Perhaps try uploading to the forum again

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    My echostar actuator actually has nylon cogs inside that transfer the drive from the motor to the arm, if the dish mount locks up through rust or corrosion or other obstructions it wouldn't take much to chew these cogs up.

Take the actuator off and see if the dish moves freely, if it does the actuator needs stripping down and cleaning up and lubricating, if you don't have the facilities or know how just buy another one.

Regular use of WD40 keeps these actuators going.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks. Can you recommend a supplier as I've looked at Goldwafers and he doesn't appear to have a 36v motor?

Thanks
    Thanks. Can you recommend a supplier as I've looked at Goldwafers and he doesn't appear to have a 36v motor?Actuator.jpg

Thanks
    1) NO PRIVATE ADVERTS = this means no sales adverts of any kind , and also means no WANTED adverts of any kind , especially when referring to sat gear (including programming boxes or setting them up for pay tv channels (subscription channels), sat motors , sat receivers , games console`s etc (respect our forum sponsor)
    no part exchanges of any sort allowed either !!!

I am very sorry for breaking the rules have not read them for some years I honestly didn't know the rules had been amended
    Last edited by ABA; 14-01-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    First port of call is to remove the existing actuator and take apart as explained above especially to see if the drive screw rod end has come out of the gears.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
    Thanks. Can you recommend a supplier as I've looked at Goldwafers and he doesn't appear to have a 36v motor?Actuator.jpg
    See Post 9 above - but before that

Check - the retaining clamp at the motor end of the jack is not loose and the actuator has not slid through the retaining bracket.

One end connects to the dish - the fatter motor end should be clamped to your dish mount or whatever - and held in place so it can't slide through whatever is supposed to be holding it still.

I recently had a similar issue - the moving bit had rusted up and would not move up or down fully. While someone told the vbox to drive - I pushed the help the jack open fully - in my case towards 30 west. Then cleaned the rust off with a brillo pad and some wd40 - then greased up the out side of the arm. All is now well.

Things that stop the jack moving

It has become loose
    It has rusted up on the inside or the outside
    The worm gear/tread inside is worn
    Something is obstructing the dish.
    The motor is worn
    The reed sensor is faulty
    Motor - reed housing has water in it.
    The cable to the lnb is caught on something at the dish end.
    Cable ends may be corroded and need paring back to new wire - these do burn up after a while

My last 36 jack went for 14 years before the worm gear/thread gave out
    Last edited by Mumbles; 14-01-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    I've had just two actuators in 25 years, when the first one packed up I bought another one and moth balled the first one, about 5 or 6 years ago the second one gave out and I cannibalised the first one for spares and hey presto off it went again and still goes ok.

A good dose of WD40 every once and a while on all the moving bits does wonders.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    cheesey,what part of uk are you,someone close may be able to help with your problem