Thread: No AV Out Why

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

No AV Out Why

Hello all, I have just purchased a 56" Samsung to replace my 50" LG and the thing that surprises me about modern televisions is that they don't have HDMI or AV out. I would like to plug this into my video sender so as to be able to watch whatever is being watched on the TV

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts
    Videosenders are meant to be plugged in between set top box (like sly box blueray etc) and TV so the signal can be spilt and sent to another screen in another room aswell as the one it is being plugged in to. (that is why they have a HDMI through pass ) stb->AV sender->TV and from the AV sender it is also being transfered wirelessly to the receiving wireless box that in turn is being connected via HDMI to your other telly. I

am not sure I follow why you would want to screen what is being shown on one telly to the other? The boxes were designed to let you watch something from one STBs or other media box on more than one Television not to multiply the programing from one television to the other (things like freeview channels you can get on any modern tv so am not sure what you would like to send?
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 21-12-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I dont know of any tv,s that have hdmi out, its a passive input on a tv and due to the anti-copying lobby a tv will only ever have hdmi passive inputs , some have component inputs , as well as composite and scart inputs too (my new tv has all of these)

to transmit an rf channel from your tv , or to go to a video sender, you would try to connect a"black box) to a scart and see if there is an output , either composite or RGB , although generally you would do this from a SATELLITE BOX or some other "SENDING" device

so most people would plug a video sender or scart to rf transformer into the scart or composite output from a satellite box or freeview box

tv,s are designed as passive reception devices (or monitors) and are considered to be the "end product" of the daisy chain , so to act as receiver and monitor only , so all the connectors on them are designed to "receive" (inputs) , apart from any headphone sockets or stereo phono outputs or digital audio outputs to go to speakers or amplifiers or surround sound which are obviously "outputs"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts
    Maybe the OP is not uk based

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skomedal View Post
    Maybe the OP is not uk based
    correct, he is trying to get bbc on 27.5w so is definitely not uk based or he would use the nice and simple options from 28e

I suspect he is in spain and may own a "finca"

Thanks
    Echelon is really Miss Marple.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    or the clue is in his previous thread 3 weeks ago

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ht=#post921057

9. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (21-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Well It's all very simple, I am an avid cook and while the TV is being watched in the living room I would like to watch the same thing in the kitchen. The TV could be switched to any one of several inputs and if it had an AV out I wouldn't have to constantly unplug and plugin again to different sources. My question was just an idle thought that I thought would be of interest. You have correctly surmised that I am in Spain so I have a Sky box and a normal satellite box as well as DVD players media players even VHS. If a film is playing on the TV's media player that we both want to watch I can't send it to the kitchen so as an ex TV/electronics engineer I would think it was a basic facility.

Thanks
    not from a tv its not

if you check the scart composite and rgb outputs from the tv, if they have an actual output you can use a videosender or a composite or scart to rf "console" box to send to a remote tv, either by wireless or wired connection, so you can do a similar trick as the sly box can (the rf output trick)

a different sat box like the tm range also have an rf output, so the tm5402 m3 may have done what you needed , but you didnt take the advice any buy one

a tm twin oe has an rf output and so would do the trick from satellite to rf (or plugging in a video sender)

the point here is that the tv is not supposed to output anything as its a reception device , so any output modulators tend to be on the boxes like the old vcr had (rf and scart and composite outputs)

the sat boxes also allow for various outputs , some even have rf modulators built in

so you need to stop focussing on the tv as an output source and concentrate your ingredients to using the boxes to output to the remote location , even if that means daisy chaining the rf outputs like we did 10 to 20 years ago

if you check flea b*y you will see various boxes that allow composite or scart conversion to rf using modulators (modulators have been around for over 50 years so not a new device)

you will also see various video senders that will take composite or scart inputs and send to their remote "twin"

these devices rely on being connected to your "smart" box, be it a vcr , sly , dvd player, sat box , freeview box or whatever you want to call it box

my lad has one of these scart to rf boxes from an android box daisy chained with a sly HD box and spider 9000 to send 3 rf signals between channels 21 and 69 to a remote tv in his bedroom , in order to be able to watch them remotely, using infrared repeaters in the reverse direction , this relies on the tv having an analogue tuner though, and avoiding the freeview nuxes for our area

so the devil is in the detail , but has nothing to do with tv,s not containing output modulators or outputs for copying (as its the copying they seek to stamp out, even if you arent copying at all)

so if you use a composite switchbox (4 inputs to 1 output) and connect that to a videosender or rf modulator , you can send any one of 4 sources to the remote tv , plus the vcr can be employed to use these different sources as an rf modulator to the remote tv (which is one method I used to use for this task, switching the av input channels on the vcr , as they usually have the scart input on the back and composite on the front , allowing for 2 sources with the rf channel feeding the remote tv, and by hooking in the sly box rf feed you get that added to the mix too, plus adding a tm5402 would add another rf feed to the mix as well )

so its sly box rf out to tm5402 rf in , tm rf out to vcr rf in , vcr rf out to remote tv by coax - ideally ) - add in any other devices containing rf modulators too , or even add your own external rf modulator conversion boxes

use separate rf channels , optimized to use the ones with minimum noise , so only white noise , no channel bleed throughs and do not use any rf channels used locally for an*logue or digital tv channels from any aerial either

these are the "old" methods I used 10 or more years ago, before HDTV , so probably more modern and better options now

here are pics of a 4 way composite (RCA) switchbox that allows 4 composite inputs from the sat boxes etc and one composite output to go to the tv, the output could have a long yellow/red/white video cable to the remote tv , OR could be plugged into a videosender instead in order to get to this remote tv, then just use the correct switch depending on what input you want to watch (composite would give a better picture than the RF sender)
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Use a hdmi splitter 1 in 2 out
    £12.50 amazon works fine.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts
    or get the 3in/1out hdmi switch like this one:

(about 8quid delivered)
    If your sender is anything like a AEI Digisender HDMI Wireless Digital Video Sender Kit (with a HDMI pass through) you would then be able to connect your 3 devices to the splitter and then the hdmi out to the sender and then thanks to the passthrough to the main TV. Its only a modern version of what Echelon described above and should allow you to watch a feed from any of your three chosen boxes on both televisions .
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 21-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    I have one of those hdmi switches pictured above on my test tv and hook in sat boxes and android boxes as required and daisy chain the sat coax feed from one to the next, so I can set up a box or test it , this morning it had 2 sat boxes and an mx2 connected whist updating stuff and testing oscam and biss

when I looked on flea b*y earlier, there were some HDMI one in and 2 outs (splitters) like manic01 suggested so they could be used to feed the local tv and the remote tv (via a long lead of course)

the av phono rca composite switch I pictured earlier is similar to the way I used to do this a few years ago, with several boxes connected to one tv and using the switch to control the inputs

its all about messing with this hobby and the electronic gadgets out there to achieve what you require

18. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (21-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    WHDI Wireless 5GHz HDMI Extender Transmitter/Receiver Kits HD TV PC Video 1080PHDMI PC HDTV Sender & Receiver

search these on ******* I have fitted lots of them and they work just fine for people