Thread: Entering Biss Keys

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Entering Biss Keys

Hello All, I have just upgraded to a VU+ Solo2 from an Icecrypt 1600 and would like some help on entering BISS keys. I have read other posts but am not familiar with some of the terms used I.E.

"BISS keys are put into the constant.cw file which cccam" (copied & pasted)

Could I ask ?

What do I connect to what to access these files ? I am aware that I might need FileZilla

The links on the word CAM take me to Goldwafers card pages do I need to buy one ?

Thanks in advance

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,404 Posts
    You don't need to buy anything else but you will need FileZilla, or download the VUCC, VU+ Control Centre, provided by Lee, from Goldwafers, which has everything you should need:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ol-Centre-V0-8

There is a thread, on the forum, that helps with BISS keys, I'll try and find it. Are you trying to view the BBC channels, on 27.5W?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...olo2-biss-keys
    Last edited by Mickha; 20-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    if it is for BBC on 27.5w, I believe the only image that lets you view them may be the openpli 4 so the OP also needs to check the biss help online for actually viewing 27.5w from a linux box

in simple terms, I think there is a lot more to it than just adding biss keys to usr/keys , so start by trying to open fox on 9e, mutv and mgm-me on 10e and also bulsat on 39e (ideally using a patched oscam like oscam y-mod and suitable oscam configs)

the biss forum is here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?234-Biss

I suspect these tasks were a lot simpler on the icecrypt , so not really a solo 2 problem but more a general "how do I open 27.5w bbc channels on a linux box?" problem

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (20-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello again, I have read the replies and once again there are terms I am not familiar with but will keep trying also what do I connect to what to do all this ? by the way I am trying to view Intelsat 907 and am in southern Spain

Thanks
    like I said, I believe the first problem will be the image on your box, as I have been told that openpli v4 will allow you to do this, so not BH or VIX which are the more likely and more common images on your vu

so first thing may be to program your box with openpli 4 as ozzsurf says that one definitely works , plus oscam ymod seems to be the main choice for this task, although mgcamd may work too

then it all depends on the emu you are going to use , as they give differing results and I myself have just spent days trying to open biss channels in vix with various emus with differing results , but finally managed to get somewhere using oscam and altering configs and key files

so its

1) sort out an image that allows for 27.5w to work

2) decide on the emu you are going to use and version number

3) decide what context and file is used for biss when using 1) and 2) above

4) decide if the key file is using the video pid or the pmt to open the channel or channels and amend if necessary

if you can test other channels like fox sports on 9e it may help you work out what will work, but if you are fixed on 27.5w only then it may be more difficult for you

so I would say, yes it can be done on a linux box as some people have managed it I believe

but no its not easy and a steep learning curve

I can tell you I did NOT manage to open 27.5w on a duo type box running vix and testing bbc in either cccam or mgcamd or oscam emus , plus it may depend on if you need to add or alter the constant.cw key file , the Softcam.key key file , or an oscamkeys key file, so there is no one simple file for any emu either , never mind the problem with knowing if it opens on the vpid or pmt ident

VuCC 0.8 contains filezilla, although I prefer to use flash fxp for ftp , or the dreambox tool called dcc150 (dreambox control centre) and the free program notepad plus plus is ideal for altering these files on a pc before ftp`ing them to the vu or dreambox or linux box

Thanks
    Have a look here. https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...l=1#post914724.
    It's a bit complicated, but apparently is possible on a vix image, but I gave up.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-12-2014), Mickha (20-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Well Thanks again, I feel it will be some time before I come back because there's a lot to take in but PLEASE what do I connect to what to do all this USB to USB ? cat5 to cat5 ? etc

Thanks
    your box SHOULD be connected to your router using a cat 5 ethernet cable and should be set to a fixed ip address in your box setup

then you can use

DCC 1.50

or VuCC 0.8 (which includes filezilla)

as your initial ftp programs

your box will also need you to telnet in and set a password using the passwd command , I use DCC for this

so all these instructions are done from the pc, through the router and into the box using cat 5 cables all the way

I suppose you could get by wifi using an adapter, but I am trying to keep it simple and cat5 is the simplest

usb to usb IS NOT USED AT ALL and could damage your boxes if you tried it

only use USB STICKS or USB hard disc drives for the usb ports on your box, ideall usb pen drives (memory sticks)

if using a hdd, fit a laptop drive internally for the best use from the box

read the tutorials and sticky threads at the top of this forum as they contain a wealth of info on your box

plus you still have not said which image is installed, or version number ?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello and thanks again, I now need to study all the information I have been given, on the recommendation of this forum I installed the latest version of Black hole

Thanks
    which is fine as long as you dont want bbc on 27.5w (unless you test it and find the SD and HD channels open with full audio in the latest BH images - which is highly doubtful)

its a linux box so the software is always under development and you should never take anything for granted with them, its trial and error and a steep learning curve

BH works ok with biss keys, but the bbc channels are a harder nut to crack due to encryption , but the vast majority of users will get the FTA channels from 28e so wont know any different as they wont be trying to get 27.5w, unlike you

ps:- THIS FORUM advised you last week to buy a technomate or an icecrypt for intelsat on 27.5w, not a vu solo 2

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...7-Intelsat-907

and I dont see any thread advising you to install BH onto it, especially not for 27.5w ! (I have checked all of your posts)

had I seen such a thread , I would have told you to use openpli 4 with oscam ymod emu and pointed you at the various discussions on here about opening those bbc channels using biss keys (like the one satcat pointed you to)

edit

see new BBC 27.5W tutorial for openpli 4 and oscam ymod here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...7-5-west-guide

14. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ferranvilaro (31-03-2015)

Thanks
    I can tell you for a fact that no BH images will allow you to clear the sound on the HD channels at 27.5W with whichever emu you decide to use.

The only images I've managed to get it working on my solo2 are openPLI, openATV and openSpa together with oscam-ymod.

Take your pick and be prepared for endless sleepless nights in order to make it work.

As Echelon said, in order to fulfill your needs you should have picked one of the non E2 box already mentioned for ease of use.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kota For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello, I bought both boxes the Icecrypt works fine but I thought the VU+Solo2 would be better, ah well you live and learn it looks like it was a waste of money

Thanks
    its not a waste of money if you program it correctly

a ferrari needs a competent driver to get the best from it , so if you read and follow the 27.5w discussion sticky thread you would note that people are getting it to work on these boxes, but the equipment is only as good as the knowledge of the owner

I am sure that my servings would be a disaster if I used your kitchen , appliances and ingredients to try to make a 3 course dinner for xmas , unless you want eggs on toast, but that is down to my failings as a chef, not your equipment or groceries

once its working, its a far better machine that your ice

19. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ozzsurf (23-12-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fincaman View Post
    Hello, I bought both boxes the Icecrypt works fine but I thought the VU+Solo2 would be better, ah well you live and learn it looks like it was a waste of money
    hey fincaman, get some cold beer and study the thread on 27.5 i have a vusolo and am sitting now watching in hd all perfect with as echelon says openpli4 oscam/ymod
    not easy but ozzsurf who posted the thread could not have made it easier to follow. great piece of work and great solution for those outside the footprint

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lacierva For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-12-2014), nml (23-12-2014), ozzsurf (23-12-2014)