Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S1650CHD dead after firmware update

Thanks
    Thank you guys.
    After upgrade with usb the decoder is gone.
    Follow the serial upgrade procedure all work.
    Grazie.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gadans For This Useful Post:

KARABANGA (29-11-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi from my experience over the years its always best to use the serial method rather than the USB. I usually restore boxes using serial RS232 cable and Hyper Terminal function on my PC. Regards

Thanks
    Good afternoon,

I've been 12 months until find this discussion. I have a STC1650CHD blocked, I think that I put a firmware EMU of S1600CHD, and now I can't see the menú, and I've tried to configure the port RS232 and doesn't recognize the deco. I will try with the recovery tool that put ColdAsICE

Thank you

Thanks
    Do you have any firmware more recent than this?

thank you

Thanks
    Hello ColdAsICE, your Recovery tool doesn't working. Before of use, I can switch on and switch off with the remote control, and the screen appears in black and when you press Menu, appears middel blue and the middle down black, and didn't show the menu. I follow your steps and now, the receivers is always on, it is not possible put in standby with the remote control, and when I try to do again, can't connect with the port. I think that I´ve lost definitely my receiver

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    For any Satpimpers who have a dead after upgrading STC1650 I have the Serial RS232 Solution.
    Use the serial lead kindly provided with the receiver and a PC with a RS232 serial port.
    This recovery loader is based on an old Ali loader which works with the Ali3612 of the STC1650.
    Hope this helps someone out.
    I tried it and doesn't works, and now my deco is worts than before. Do you have any other solution?

Thank you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopezvl View Post
    I have same trouble and solve it as i will explain now.

First of all, menú appears, but for get it on view and not blue screen you must get to start the icecrypt not seeing a satellite cannel. For example, change to radio o music and then power off and power on. This makes that when you power on icecrypt and press menú then menú appears again. (Its not magic, only i discover it making some differrent attempts to test it).

Seeing menú i only do and update by http in the net menú and update to last icecrypt firmware.

Thats all. Please confirm if it Works ok for you.
    Hi, my problem is that Deco doesn't show the menu, do you have any recovery tool?

Thank you

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    This recovery process can only happen if the bootloader is still intact, and the USB stick being used is compatible.
    Kingston brand is recommended.
    Rename the original Software "auto1.abs" and place this renamed SW on the root directory of a clean USB stick.
    disconnect the STC1650 from its power, insert the USB stick and re-apply the power.
    The transfer and burn takes at least 5 minutes so be patient.
    If the USB stick has a read indicator LED this should flash during the transfer and hopefully the SW will automatically reload and finally the receiver should reboot.
    Once you observe the receiver powering down and rebooting remove the USB to stop it repeating the upgrade.
    Hope this helps.
    Brilliant! I thought my receiver was totally bricked when I loaded the patch by USB - just a flashing screen of what appeared to be some printing. I tried the above without much hope but it worked brilliantly - restored the box and with the patch added. Lost all the channels but hey that's easily restored. Thank you ColdAsICE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12