Thread: sending CCcam to vu solo not transferring

Thanks

sending CCcam to vu solo not transferring

hi

i have been trying to put a CCcam.cfg file in a vu solo enigma2 without success, i first went to var/etc and at first i just dropped the file in the etc folder,but i could not see anything with the solo, it shows up in dreambox control centre and flash fxp as if i had moved it to the box but i could not see the CCcam.cfg file, i switched the box off then on with no luck, i know i am doing something wrong but what. In the solo i first go to, media player/internal flash then went to var then in to etc but there is no
    file, i have just made a folder and transferred it from dcc to see if it gets sent to the solo and it does otherwise i am stuck, i feel its something to do with the CCcam.cfg file, because sending folders to the solo with fxp or dcc is no problem its the single file which is the problem

regards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can you please tell us which image you are using, if Black Hole you need to load a Cam, like 2.21, via a FTP program, activate it, using your receivers menu options, at which point you will see a CCcam.cfg file in the var folder, etc sub folder.
    With other images it is slightly different.

Thanks
    Try entering your cfg in "ect" folder via DCC then activate your softcam via your box.

Thanks
    my blackhole image is 2.1.0.1 and i find this one a good stable image for the box, i am new to the solo, learning as i go along etc!, i will certainly be trying a few of the ideas mentioned, i am not sure if it has a softcam loaded in the box, but i will be wanting to put one in it, i will get back to you when the softcam is put in the box.

regards john

Thanks
    i have seen the the place where the softcams are, but all of a sudden i have forgot is it menu/setup then where?

Thanks
    Press the blue button that's where you activate the softcam.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you loaded your Cams, and selected one, as described in Lee's tutorial, from Goldwafers?

4. Install Cam
    Download CAM TGZ file from https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread...le-Image-EMU-S

or the newer 2013 versions from

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread...e2-emus-(2013)

FTP the cam-filename.tgz or ipk file to the /tmp folder on Vu+ (usually this is var/tmp)
    Press Green Button then Yellow Button on Vu+ remote control.
    Select Manual Install Bh Package.
    Select the cam-filename.tgz file and press OK.
    Message will appear - Do you want to install cam-filename.tgz
    Select "Yes" and press OK.
    Message will appear - Installed.
    Press the exit button on remote a couple of times to come out of all the menus.

6. Activate Cam
    Press the Blue button and use the < > buttons on remote to select the CAM
    Press OK to run the CAM.

the cccam cfg file is located in var/etc after the correct cam emu has been installed
    ( On E2 Boxes the 3C.config is Located at /etc with Attributes set to 755 or All config files can be found in /etc )

These instructions are for Blackhole Image other images button configurations might be slightly different.

Thanks
    i done all the details you mentioned i ended up pressing the blue button right click then ok for CCcam 2.1.4 which took a second to come in, then i went to var/tmp i cant see any CCcam folder or cccam file you mentioned, on e2 boxes you mentioned the 3c.config is located at/etc, well i cant see anything which is to do with cccam. I seem to be moving forward slowly but the key word is slowly.

regards

Thanks
    i done all the details you mentioned i ended up pressing the blue button right click then ok for CCcam 2.1.4 which took a second to come in, then i went to var/tmp i cant see any CCcam folder or cccam file you mentioned, on e2 boxes you mentioned the 3c.config is located at/etc, well i cant see anything which is to do with cccam. I seem to be moving forward slowly but the key word is slowly.

regards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It's in the Var folder, etc sub folder, not the tmp folder, that's where you place the Cams, prior to installing them.You're looking for the CCcam.cfg file.

Once you've started up FileZilla, or other FTP program, and connected to your receiver, look in the top right hand pane. Click on the + symbol, to expand the files, then scroll down to the bottom and expand the var folder.
    Now click on the etc folder and look in the bottom right pane, about half way down you should see the CCcam.cfg file, right click on thsi and click on the view/edit option.
    Last edited by Mickha; 08-12-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    It's in the Var folder, etc sub folder, not the tmp folder, that's where you place the Cams, prior to installing them.You're looking for the CCcam.cfg file.

Once you've started up FileZilla, or other FTP program, and connected to your receiver, look in the top right hand pane. Click on the + symbol, to expand the files, then scroll down to the bottom and expand the var folder.
    Now click on the etc folder and look in the bottom right pane, about half way down you should see the CCcam.cfg file, right click on thsi and click on the view/edit option.

i have went in to var/etc with file zilla , fxp, dcc, yes i see the CCcam.cfg in these programs on the computer but not in the vusolo, it states in the cccam the following few words at the top of the file

# CCcam team uvadi CCcam v2.1.4
    #
    # Special greets go to all our friends all over the world, you know who you are!
    #
    # Specjalne podziekowania dla Ludzi z Polski, dzieki ktorym jest duzo nowych funkcji w wersji 2.0.0
    # Ostatnim razem zapomnielismy o nich wspomniec w readme. DZieki Chlopaki!
    #
    Last edited by johnwilliam1; 09-12-2014 at 01:20 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You don't see the CCcam.cfg file in your VU+ Solo, only the information once the lines are connected.
    When using FileZilla did you right mouse click, on the CCcam.cfg file, and left click on the view/edit option?
    Once you open the CCcam.cfg file delete everything, currently in it, by either going to Edit, Selet All, and deleting, or just highlighting the text, and deleting it. Once it is empty copy, and paste, your C: Lines, into the do***ent, then click on file, and save, same as with any notepad file.

Thanks
    mickha done it mate, the channels came in, thank you very very much, you have been fantastic help, better than other websites i have been on,you have give me more detailed info than other people, i have a dreambox 500hd which in the near future i will having a look at and have a dabble myself to try to put the cam in and cccam line, it seems to be on similar lines to the solo, settings etc! with dream elite.net image, experimental 4.0 ver (001-r05) 20.1.2014, but thats all for another day, i'll be too busy sorting the channels out with deamboxedit or something like that with the solo, i have donated £5 to satpimps because this website is worth it.

regards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You might want to start a word do***ent, listing all the things you do, and how you d it, on your VU+, and dreambox, like a crib sheet, so you can refer back to it if anything happens.
    I started one, when I first got my VU+ Duo 2, 8 months ago.