Thread: Amiko 2+

Thanks

Amiko 2+

Hi Guys having a real nightmare. i have an amiko 2+ running enigma. i have downloaded all the tools for the cccam and am very familiar with DCC as i have had a dreambox in the pat. the problem however is getting the cccam plugin on to the box. i have tried a 320gb external harddrive @ fat 32 and putting plugin file on root of it but i get the error "no displayable media on this medium". i have tried a another hard drive and also a formatted 8gb flash stick but get the same error every time
    cn anybody please help

Thanks
    Does CCcam even run on Amiko's?

1. If enigma then one can usually find it in the image Team's feeds for download and installation. This depends on which team produced the image you have installed.

2. You could also try installing one of the many plugin panels and then find the emu section for your image and dl & install from there instead.

3. You could try to source (try forum softcam section) the distribution for you image in IPK format and install locally.

Not sure E2 likes FAT32 much but then again I know nothing much about the Amiko 2+.

Thanks
    The Amiko Alien 2+ is SH4 based and so no you won't find a generic CCcam version for this (you do find versions called CCcam but in fact is just a renamed MGCamd, so don't let that confuse you)... OScam is generally the softcam of choice with SH4 E2 receivers because it has full ongoing support for the chipset, lets you use all the popular protocols (CCcam, Newcamd, MGCamd etc.) as both client and even server if required, and perhaps just as import with your triple tuner receiver is it will allow you to record one (or more) $ channels while watching another.

Most images tend to either include softcams as standard or they are available from the plugins feeds like most E2 based receivers. The exception that springs to mind is OpenATV which is a fantastic image but is no longer allowed to include the softcam feed as standard, but it's very easy to add in there with a simple install of an IPK and it'll be back in there on the addons server ready for you to download (it's the same on all OpenATV images), just remember you need to install the SH4 version of the IPK to get your softcams feed there on OpenATV NOT the mips version which is for the Broadcom based boxes.

If it's OpenATV you are using and you can't find the mentioned IPK to add softcam support just let me know and I'll upload it here for you. If it's not OpenATV you are using then chances are the softcams will already be available from the addons server.

Thanks

Ipk

Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    The Amiko Alien 2+ is SH4 based and so no you won't find a generic CCcam version for this (you do find versions called CCcam but in fact is just a renamed MGCamd, so don't let that confuse you)... OScam is generally the softcam of choice with SH4 E2 receivers because it has full ongoing support for the chipset, lets you use all the popular protocols (CCcam, Newcamd, MGCamd etc.) as both client and even server if required, and perhaps just as import with your triple tuner receiver is it will allow you to record one (or more) $ channels while watching another.

Most images tend to either include softcams as standard or they are available from the plugins feeds like most E2 based receivers. The exception that springs to mind is OpenATV which is a fantastic image but is no longer allowed to include the softcam feed as standard, but it's very easy to add in there with a simple install of an IPK and it'll be back in there on the addons server ready for you to download (it's the same on all OpenATV images), just remember you need to install the SH4 version of the IPK to get your softcams feed there on OpenATV NOT the mips version which is for the Broadcom based boxes.

If it's OpenATV you are using and you can't find the mentioned IPK to add softcam support just let me know and I'll upload it here for you. If it's not OpenATV you are using then chances are the softcams will already be available from the addons server.
    Hi lavaman thanks for the post, could you please upload the ipk as i cant find one anywhere. my box is definately enigma2 and openatv. do you know of any reason why none of my usb sticks will work. they are all formatted to fat32 but i keep getting the error no displayable media on this medium

Thanks
    hi i found this
    Code:
    _http://www.satsupreme.com/download.php/323594-Openatv-camfeed-sh4-ipk
    i installed it, started oscam_atv 10002 but still it says no cam 1 active

Thanks
    It may well be with Open ATV that you either need to rename the OScam config files or provide your own before it will run, it could well be you have just installed the binary file right now, so it's listed under the softcams now but just needs the config files adding or renaming correctly.