Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28.2 scan help

Thanks
    check you are on 28e and hopefully you are in the uk

check the TOTAL number of radio and tv channels in your box (add the 2 totals together for the actual TOTAL in the box)

make sure this TOTAL is less than 6000 channels as that is the maximum for your box

test it on an actual sly box feed direct from a uk sly dish (one that a sly box works ok on)

elimate all the possibilities until you find the fault

also try backing up you channel list to usb stick, then install the latest compass channel list from here for testing again too

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    check you are on 28e and hopefully you are in the uk

check the TOTAL number of radio and tv channels in your box (add the 2 totals together for the actual TOTAL in the box)

make sure this TOTAL is less than 6000 channels as that is the maximum for your box

test it on an actual sly box feed direct from a uk sly dish (one that a sly box works ok on)

elimate all the possibilities until you find the fault

also try backing up you channel list to usb stick, then install the latest compass channel list from here for testing again too
    i cleared all the channels its was empty . did a factory rescan , selected 28,2 e again , set my location ,,did the blind scan again , and got just over 300 channels with the radio , 279 tv channels when i go onto sky 2 i have 80% signal and 65% quality on most channels , im in Merseyside area ,i try the channel list again ,

Verified Registered User rednoddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    dave d, I am also in the Merseyside area. PM me your location and I will try to help you!

Thanks
    i have just update over the web with black devils channels list , all the channels are there but from all the sports channels , sly 1 2 3 4 5 bt 1 bt 2 etc only sly sports hq is getting a signal the rest have 80% signal 0 quality ,

Thanks
    try a different lnb or different sly feed

sounds like you either have an lnb or cable fault

or you havent got universal and 9750 / 10600 set for lnb with 22khz tone on auto

Thanks
    the box was working fine has been for over a year on all the channel so can;t see it being lnb , i will change it tomorrow i have a spare , cheers

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can you please psot more information, regarding your system.

Do you live in the UK?

Do you have a fixed, or motorized, dish?

What size dish do you have?

Please post some of the channels you can view along with their frequencies, polaity, S/R, and the signal strength/quality readings.

If you try another factory reset, and load the patch, please do not do a blind scan, instead try manually scanning in a few channels, from the link, and post the results:

[CODEhttp://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html][/CODE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave d View Post
    the box was working fine has been for over a year on all the channel so can;t see it being lnb , i will change it tomorrow i have a spare , cheers
    and I cannot see it being a box fault , but can see the problem being either lnb related, or a damaged or wet coax cable or some other problem like this

its rare for a box in a house to go faulty, compared to the damage the weather does to dishes and lnb,s and cables on the outside of a house, never mind vermin damage etc

this was why I said stick it on a known to be working sly box feed , either in your house or a friend or relatives house , to eliminate your lnb , dish and cable all in one go , in my case I would stick it on a spare sly feed from my sly dish which has a self fitted sly octo lnb on it , just to prove if it was the box or not

ie:- if the box is faulty, it would fail in 6 houses on 6 different dishes with 6 different lnb,s , easily tested to identify where the fault is

also ensure your box has july 2014 firmware installed too

Thanks
    cheers for that echelon, i change the lnb tomorrow only take five mins and see what happens . thanks to everyone that has replied

Thanks
    check the connections are ok too, and put vaseline around the outside one , making sure its tight and sealed and no stray strands etc

Thanks
    right guys i have sorted it , turn out to be the dish had moved ,must have been all the high winds we had the other month ,anyway i give it a full revamp while i was doing it new cable , new lnb connectors etc. im in a bungalow so only had about 20ft of cable to fit ,thank you for all the help and suggestions much appreciated

regards dave d

Verified Registered User rednoddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Glad you have sorted it out!

Thanks
    Glad you're sorted
    Last edited by slowleftarm; 04-12-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: didn't see that he'd found the answer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12