Thread: AD3600ip problems

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Icon8 AD3600ip problems

My Echostar AD3600ip started misbehaving so I did a factory reset, and now I'm stuck with a 2006 channel list. Anyone got a more recent update? Can I use software from another Echostar receiver or are they product specific? I've seen updates for 3000s etc on here.

The receiver will not find more than 25 or so channels on Freesat (or other birds) on a normal scan. If I select Digital IF scanning, it finds all the channels, but takes four hours to do so. I haven't got the patience to do this for 30 satellites!
    If I decide to update the hardware, which of the current crop of blind search receivers would you recommend? (No PVR required)

Thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Use a site like lyngsat and scan any channels you want manually.
    The Echostar 3600 was a great receiver, but times move on, and other owners, like myself, ahve probably boxed them up and put them in storage, in my case kept in case anything happens to my V-Box II, so any channel list will probably be out of date.
    If you're considering upgrading look at the VU+ range, or a cheap Spiderbox 6000 HD, check on goldwafers site:
    https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Satellite-Receivers/