Thread: HELP PLS v-box ii superjack

Thanks

HELP PLS v-box ii superjack

Hey does any one know how these v-box ii superjack worked . i know 36volts for the motor does any one know the voltage for the sensor. i have a dream box 8000 and a 36v h to h jeager motor . it work for 2 sec then stop tested the reed switch same to be ok .E-2 come up as well any idea if it is the v-box and i test the motor thats ok

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    E2 is usually a limit error, either software, or hardware. Are you using the V-Box II remote to drive the dish or using your receiver?
    Did you set any East, or West limit, on the V-Box II? If you have set one of the limits I seem to remember you need to set both, East, and West, to be able to then delete the limits, buit I'll try and find the instruction manual.
    Are you certain you've got the wiores connected correctly, the motor+/motor- doesn't really matter, as if you get these the wrong way round it just sends the dish East, when trying for West, and can be exchanged, but getting the Ground/Sensor wrong can result in damage, to your motor.
    Best to make sure by checking the connections, in your motor.

Thanks
    hi Mickha . yes i check all the wires . have got a remote with this one . the motor move for 2 to 3 sec the stops then press the arrow button again move again for 2 to 3 sec . i not sure if it the v box or the software

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Have you got it connected to your receiver? Try setting up Diseqc 1.2, on your receiver, then moving the dish using your receivers motor menu options.
    My Superjack V-Box II continues to move the dish if you hold the remotes left/right arrows down, only by using a quick press, and release, can I get it to nudge the dish, to maximize the signal.
    Does your V-Box II also do this using the receivers East/West buttons? If so I'd check all the connections, at your V-Box II, and the motor.
    If you are still experiencing problems then try a new, shorter, 4 wires, connected directly to your V-Box II, which you can hopefully move closer to the dish/motor, leaving your receiver out of the connection, and see if it then can move your dish. If not you might need to contact your supplier to have the V-Box II tested.
    What did you use before you got the V-Box II, to move your 36v motor, did you have an old receiver, like my Echostar 3600?

When I first set up my 36v notor I used a 12v battery, removed from my security alarm box, to move my dish, you just attach the two motor cables to the positive and negative, this should confirm that your motor, and wires, are fine.
    Last edited by Mickha; 23-11-2014 at 01:37 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Mickha is correct

Its your cables to your dish at fault.
    I use a vbox II and have suffered this exact same problem in the past.renew your cables and it will be fine.

Ian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Mickha is correct

Its your cables to your dish at fault.
    I use a vbox II and have suffered this exact same problem in the past.renew your cables and it will be fine.

Ian.
    This is good advice. I've been having E2 errors with my V-box II and I replaced the reed sensor and checked the wiring but all seems okay, but still got errors.

Completely replaced the wiring between motor and V-box and all is well again. Wiring did well for 12 years though.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit3 View Post
    hi Mickha . yes i check all the wires . have got a remote with this one . the motor move for 2 to 3 sec the stops then press the arrow button again move again for 2 to 3 sec . i not sure if it the v box or the software
    sounds like a reed switch problem