Thread: Technomate TM-2 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB Twin LNB

Thanks

Technomate TM-2 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB Twin LNB

I decided on a technomate tm-2 against what seemed like unanimous acclaim for inverto. No regrets whatsoever. Brilliant signal on my Duo2. Fantastic hd picture and excellent sensitivity on weak transponders.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts
    The "0.1dB" specification is utterly meaningless. Seriously, once the noise figure is below 0.6dB right across both bands (Hi and Lo), then lowering it further (even if that were technically possible, which it isn't) would make no discernible difference to reception.

_http://www.sat cure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm#noise

edit Omit the blank space

Regards
    Last edited by skomedal; 05-09-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: edit

Verified Registered User Merliin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Can you get MBC @ 26 east ok with this Lnb ? 11919 H 27500 3/4 Badr-4 ,
    Last edited by Merliin; 05-09-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Verified Registered User Merliin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Can you get MBC on Nilesat 102 @ 7 west 11938 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 3/4 with this Lnb ? my experience of these Lnb's is not good for weak feeds as the Inverto black Ultra but I would like to be proved wrong,

Where are you in Europe ??
    Last edited by Merliin; 05-09-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merliin View Post
    Can you get MBC on Nilesat 102 @ 7 west 11938 V DVB-S/MPEG-2 27500 3/4 with this Lnb ? my experience of these Lnb's is not good for weak feeds as the Inverto black Ultra but I would like to be proved wrong,

Where are you in Europe ??
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...turn-to-sat-tv

Regards

Thanks

What's important here.

Quote Originally Posted by skomedal View Post
    The "0.1dB" specification is utterly meaningless. Seriously, once the noise figure is below 0.6dB right across both bands (Hi and Lo), then lowering it further (even if that were technically possible, which it isn't) would make no discernible difference to reception.

_http://www.sat cure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm#noise

edit Omit the blank space

Regards
    Agreed, But. I don't give a stuff for optimised quoted figures. I am merely saying I get a good picture - I tend to look at the picture more than the specification sheet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merliin View Post
    Can you get MBC @ 26 east ok with this Lnb ? 11919 H 27500 3/4 Badr-4 ,
    My first scan of Badr 4/5/6 pulled 248 channels in. I'm looking at Al Jaz on 12034 - SNR 50% - A/V. Excellent.

Just checked MBC same as above.
    Last edited by Satdumbum; 06-09-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satdumbum View Post
    I decided on a technomate tm-2 against what seemed like unanimous acclaim for inverto. No regrets whatsoever. Brilliant signal on my Duo2. Fantastic hd picture and excellent sensitivity on weak transponders.
    Post lacks many details:-
    Dish size
    What satellite ( s ) your tracking
    which are the weak tps and on which bird
    ETC.

I could state my maximum lnb gets a brilliant signal with my arion 8000hd even on weak tps.

Would you believe me?

Regards

Thanks
    7.0w marginal at best. Intermittent lock only. May improve as dish is slightly out.

Congleton uk
    Last edited by Satdumbum; 06-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks
    Whoa! Somedal. I didn't realise this was a Competition! Shall we just measure our Johnsons Now! Take it down a notch man it's bad for my ticker..

I am still setting up the kit really and seeing what I can get I'll paste a strap line I use which summarises my kit:-

"Miserable, fat, ugly, old sod. Vu+ Duo2 2 dual DVB-S2, 1gig pvr, 1 mtr motorised - technomate 2300, 60cm on 28.2, Onkyo TX-NR 609 & JBL 5.1, Panasonic DMR-HWT 1gig freeveiw pvr, Samsung LE40A656 LCD, Sony PS3, Sony u-matic & VHS, Asus media pc and a partridge in a pear tree.

Glad to answer any questions but I haven't really measured signals, if there is anything you would like me to try I'd be interested to see what I get..

Regards Satdumbum

Thanks
    Just rescanned and repositioned 7.0w. 314 services found. MBC1 in HD clear as a bell. But in french. Is that Good?

Style on at the moment, it's quite good. In English now some gorgeous models talking about clothes. Excellent HD picture. Conax encryption.
    Last edited by Satdumbum; 06-09-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks
    If you are considering this LNB this may be helpful -

Tele Satellite Magazine Test Report - 'an absolute top performer and probably the best LNB we ever tested' The range has been highly recommended by Tele Satellite Magazine saying that the 0.1dB range is 'surprisingly good' and that it 'defeated our reference device in almost every point of the Ku-Band!'.

The higher the gain of the LNB the higher its output power should be for the given signal. Our reference LNB was no match for it...it is really a top performer...having so perfect results.

The noise performance of both models was better than our reference' LNB, therefore this ensures that the signal is noise-free with no distortion.

They provide very good S/N ratio what enables the user to receive weak transponders with high bad weather margin.

The Gold Series 'additionally give high level of output signal what is important in those antenna installations in which long cables or signal distribution devices are used.

Furthermore, Tele Satellite Magazine concluded that the Gold Series of LNBs are 'an absolute top performer and probably the best LNB we ever tested.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Inverto Black ultra will take some beating.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

Aldo (07-09-2014), skomedal (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satdumbum View Post
    If you are considering this LNB this may be helpful -

Tele Satellite Magazine Test Report - 'an absolute top performer and probably the best LNB we ever tested' The range has been highly recommended by Tele Satellite Magazine saying that the 0.1dB range is 'surprisingly good' and that it 'defeated our reference device in almost every point of the Ku-Band!'.

The higher the gain of the LNB the higher its output power should be for the given signal. Our reference LNB was no match for it...it is really a top performer...having so perfect results.

The noise performance of both models was better than our reference' LNB, therefore this ensures that the signal is noise-free with no distortion.

They provide very good S/N ratio what enables the user to receive weak transponders with high bad weather margin.

The Gold Series 'additionally give high level of output signal what is important in those antenna installations in which long cables or signal distribution devices are used.

Furthermore, Tele Satellite Magazine concluded that the Gold Series of LNBs are 'an absolute top performer and probably the best LNB we ever tested.
    If any body pay any magazine they write any thing you like even Tm lnb get the MOON...lol the truth is so far from advertise.
    Who was producing very Good Lnb was the Taiwanese company base in Donghuan China ex Skywork i been fist one order ( which after has used even Technomate )now new name Sksteck here _http://www.sksteck.com/ which i have produce before Digitalb LNB and DarkGOLD after come with the Name GOLD ! ( But TM is only copying their shape they are have left now and they produce in most cheapest Chinese company and what they do add The plastic Gold...That don't mean is the best because of Colors ! Another Company ordering from then proper the best gain is DarkGold Vuplus,,if any one is interesting here it is...

hre is the original from Manufacture they have no any real Gold color...lol by request you can do Gold red haw you like.

Code:
    _http://www.sksteck.com/index.php?openCatIDfor3=&openCatID=1&CAhs=&firestpageset=1&ISPID=2&IIBig=1&sele=shopbig_dm_right&searchname=

Regards,

Sally Lee /李函穎

SKSTECK

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    For me its the white Sharp - beat the black inverto into oblivion for me - but may not be available anymore!

Thanks
    Sally, I have some difficulty understanding your post which would be more convincing if you were not advertising your own product, in clear breach of forum rules.

The gold referred to is gold plate on the cable connection which is becoming good practice throughout the electronic connection industry. This is used to improve conductivity and resist oxidisation. It is not plastic as you aledge as it needs to be conductive.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the rest of your post which seems to swing between libel and complete rubbish.
    Last edited by Satdumbum; 08-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.